Integration with vk.com

Kirill Gromov

From Wiki:

VK (VKontakte; Russian: ВКонта́кте, meaning InContact) is the largest European online social media and social networking service. It is available in several languages and is especially popular among Russian-speaking users. VK allows users to message each other publicly or privately, to create groups, public pages and events, share and tag images, audio and video, and to play browser-based games.[4] It is based in Saint Petersburg, Russia.

As of January 2017, VK had at least 410 million accounts.[5] VK is ranked 13 (as of February 2017)[6] in Alexa's global Top 500 sites. It is the most popular website in Russia.[7] According to SimilarWeb, VK is the 4th most popular website in the world.[8] As of October 2016, VK ranked as the second most popular social networking website in Israel,[9] after Facebook.

Dear IPS staff, please make the integration of the largest social network into the products so that the majority of your customers in Europe do not come up with crutches with additional plugins. :)

Matt recently published a new opportunity in IPS 4.2 - promotion, which closely works with social networks. We, clients, would like to work with this tool with vk.com.

vk2.thumb.png.4d6141fcca9951e1207f1e8608cf866f.png vk.thumb.png.50b46000d9526f627c3a3b8a0ecbe720.png

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah!

On 23.11.2016 at 4:56 AM, Mr 13 said:

What about login via vk.com and embedding of posts and videos from it?

It has a well documented API which is very easy to use in any projects, and supports OAuth 2.0 for authorization.

It's №1 social network in Russia, Latvia, Urkaine, Georgia, Moldova, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Israel, and much more other european countries.

It's also fast-growing in a global scope. From the global perspective vk.com already is much more popular than Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, e.t.c.

I also recommend you it as an inspiration source for new features and GUI in IPS, because it's very user-friendly resource, with a lot of features which are we can only dream of while using a lot of websites, including facebook.

• 1 month later...

Up!
VK is a social network for more than 280 million people in world. You really think, that ignoring that group is true solution? I'm from the CIS, and i'm a licensed user, i like IPBoard and I'm very upset that you ignore this part of the world. No sharing with CIS social network, no payment gateway for CIS system, no authorization methods.
Why? :cry:

2 minutes ago, Joel R said:

For those who may not be aware, there is a VK login available in the Marketplace.  

Thanks Joel, i know, but i think that so large social network can be provided from the default (native) installation; like FB, Twitter, In and another.

10 minutes ago, goldmorphin said:

Up!
VK is a social network for more than 280 million people in world. You really think, that ignoring that group is true solution? I'm from the CIS, and i'm a licensed user, i like IPBoard and I'm very upset that you ignore this part of the world. No sharing with CIS social network, no payment gateway for CIS system, no authorization methods.
Why? :cry:

Because it is too specific. Vast majority of russian users (near 100%?) and that's not how IPS does things. I have requests too for people here on Brazil but guess what... they won't add it.

2 minutes ago, goldmorphin said:

Thanks Joel, i know, but i think that so large social network can be provided from the default (native) installation; like FB, Twitter, In and another.

I definitely understand your request.  People have been requesting vk for as long as I've been a member of IPS.  

However, VK is a regional network.  There are other large regional network in Asia, or in gaming communities, and then it becomes a point when IPS needs to decide they can offer the authentication tools to offer any login provider versus offering it built-in.  

15 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Because it is too specific. Vast majority of russian users (near 100%?) and that's not how IPS does things. I have requests too for people here on Brazil but guess what... they won't add it.

And it's worse! Brazilian it's country with 200 million people! It's like CIS. Ignoring sharing and authorization methods it's wrong policy. It is better to have the opportunity, but not used it, than not to have at all. I think the developers would not have experienced difficulties connect the social networks of the CIS, Brazil and many other large countries. (India for example).

13 minutes ago, Joel R said:

I definitely understand your request.  People have been requesting vk for as long as I've been a member of IPS.  

However, VK is a regional network.  There are other large regional network in Asia, or in gaming communities, and then it becomes a point when IPS needs to decide they can offer the authentication tools to offer any login provider versus offering it built-in.  

It seems to me that the more regional opportunities there are in the platform, the more people it will attract. Agree with me, that additionals hundreds of lines of code do not add much weight. :unsure:

4 hours ago, goldmorphin said:

Agree with me, that additionals hundreds of lines of code do not add much weight.

I disagree actually. the more common ones were added, not saying VK isnt popular, but its not common. So the more you add the bigger the download and installation is going to be. VK seems to be more of a 3rd party developer item.

12 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I would say more like 70% of VK are Russia, it has a huge presence in many of the ex-Soviet states, such as Ukraine, Belarus, Georgia etc, so it covers two continents of users.
I use it myself and i am Irish :)

Odnoklasniki is also a hugely popular Russian speaking social media website, i have a personal account on that, would be great to see both of them integrated into the forum software, but if they are added, then the developers are going to be hounded for every type of Social Media website around to be added.

Archived