Commerce - Donation Goal Monthly Reset

ZackL

I have a couple suggestions regarding Commerce.

1a) Donation goals should reset on an interval (monthly interval probably a sane default). Reasoning being that the current goal system feels like it's designed for fundraising for charities. That's cool, but there are other communities (like mine) who take donations to fund game servers that players enjoy.

1b) At the very least, it should be easier to add a System Task to reset the "Raised Amount" on an interval. (Manual system task that is, like you could in 3.x, but can't somehow in 4.x :()

2) Maybe products could get a "pay what you want" option when setting a price for a product. I came up with this as a possible workaround to the above if goal resets, but was sad it didn't exist. Minor suggestion, but worth mentioning.

I know there's 3rd party addons that handle donations for the above #1 idea, but I like to keep my use of 3rd party addons to a minimum if needed. :)

• 1 month later...

It would be nice if the "Donation Goals" block could be expanded. It'd be helpful if it could be linked to specific products that you're selling, and have the intervals as per the OP (and perhaps a smaller "Last Month $100 of $250 goal" type thing.

On 2017-3-31 at 9:33 AM, Feld0 said:

+1 for "pay what you want" pricing for store items - that would be incredibly useful as a way to let users donate an amount they decide to our site on a monthly basis.

A work around is using "Custom Fields" and linking it to whatever Product you want (with it's set minimum value). It won't be "pay what you want" so to speak, but you'll be able to let the buyer choose what they want to pay overall.

On 5/11/2017 at 10:10 AM, Mack_au said:

It would be nice if the "Donation Goals" block could be expanded. It'd be helpful if it could be linked to specific products that you're selling, and have the intervals as per the OP (and perhaps a smaller "Last Month $100 of $250 goal" type thing

Interesting, could you elaborate on this donation goal linking to products thing? I'm not sure what it could be used for.

The only thing I "sell" on my site is a donation that gives the user a year upgrade to a special "Donator" user group. It gives them a bunch of upgraded features, including showing them as a donator, reducing flood control, larger signature, ability to upload directly to the site for images and other various little bonuses.

So in my case, the "Donation Goals" would be xyz amount of people buying that in a month.

Archived