Calendar: End date automatically after start date

jair101

Right now when you are creating an event, if it is a few months ahead you need to choose start date, scroll all the way to the correct start date, then when you select the end date you need to do all the scrolling again. Most modern websites (flight booking, hotel booking, etc) automatically scroll the calendar of the end date to the selected start date, so you can save a little bit of scrolling.

It also prevents you from selecting end date before the start date by graying out the dates before the start date. 

Anyway, it is a minor annoyance in the Calendar app, but an annoyance nonetheless...

9 minutes ago, jair101 said:

Right now when you are creating an event, if it is a few months ahead you need to choose start date, scroll all the way to the correct start date, then when you select the end date you need to do all the scrolling again.

Actually, when I set the start date first and THEN remove the Single Day Event check, the end date field takes on the start date as default. So I have to do no scrolling whatsoever. 

54 minutes ago, opentype said:

Actually, when I set the start date first and THEN remove the Single Day Event check, the end date field takes on the start date as default. So I have to do no scrolling whatsoever. 

It is still not very user friendly when a basic thing like this needs explanation :) 

39 minutes ago, Charles said:

This is more friendly in 4.2 :)

Sounds good! And as we are talking, it would be great of single day is not selected by default, setting for it might be a bit too much, but I believe most people either do limited time (few hours) multi day events. 

Edit: sorry, few hours is exactly covered by the single day event. I have mistaken it for the whole day event, which is not selected by default. 

Archived