Dreadnought Theme [ support topic ]

Hello,

Great looking theme, been spending some time customizing the color scheme.

1. Is there a way to turn off the hover animation when hovering over/selecting each forum?

2: Is there a way to remove the unread/read icon glow?

3. Am I Missing where to change the breadcrumb font color(s)? ie: Home

Edited by mz_
32 minutes ago, mz_ said:

Hello,

Great looking theme, been spending some time customizing the color scheme.

1. Is there a way to turn off the hover animation when hovering over/selecting each forum?

2. Am I Missing where to change the breadcrumb font color(s)? ie: Home

Sure, but there are not settings for that.

Just add this to custom.css :) 

.cForumList > .cForumRow > ol > li .ipsDataItem_icon .ipsItemStatus:after{display: none;}

5 hours ago, Willie88 said:

Hey first happy eastern.

Just found a little bug if you turn off registration for new users it like like the pic.

sLHbqUU.png

Just upgraded the theme without adding a version number, because its no necessary for some simple stuff

Anyways Just go a head re-download and use Upload a new version to update :) 

Happy eastern.

22 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Sure, but there are not settings for that.

Just add this to custom.css :) 

.cForumList > .cForumRow > ol > li .ipsDataItem_icon .ipsItemStatus:after{display: none;}

Thank you, worked like a charm! 

Edited by mz_
1 hour ago, mz_ said:

Can the mini pagination numbers be changed to more of a button look in the thread view?

From this:

4h8cvc.jpg

To something like this?

34fi0kl.jpg

sure, i will keep it in mind for next version :) 

For now you can add this to custom.css

the color and background will be same as pagination color settings 

.ipsPagination.ipsPagination_mini a{
  	background: {theme="pagination_tabbg"};
	color: {theme="pagination_fontcolor"};
	font-weight: bold;
}

Thanks 

Where it says "The icon displays next to the forum in the forum list. It will automatically be faded out to indicate if there are no unread topics within the forum.
If none is provided, the default icon will be used."

On our skin tho the icons are fading so people cannot tell if something is new. These are images we uploaded, not the sliding animation one that comes with it.

Edited by United We Stand
6 hours ago, United We Stand said:

Where it says "The icon displays next to the forum in the forum list. It will automatically be faded out to indicate if there are no unread topics within the forum.
If none is provided, the default icon will be used."

On our skin tho the icons are fading so people cannot tell if something is new. These are images we uploaded, not the sliding animation one that comes with it.

On 4/17/2017 at 0:40 AM, mz_ said:

Can the mini pagination numbers be changed to more of a button look in the thread view?

From this:

4h8cvc.jpg

To something like this?

34fi0kl.jpg

Please re-download and use "Upload a new version" :) 

-You can remove the custom css codes in custom.css if i have mentioned to add it in previous posts  

Edited by TAMAN
37 minutes ago, United We Stand said:

Do you know where we can go to edit the fade? Some said it wasn't enough, or even set it as black and white our icons.

This is the fading css for images

img.ipsItemStatus.ipsItemStatus_read {
    opacity: 0.6;
}

Or you could use the default theme forum icons, Dreadnought theme comes with a nice sliding effect to show users new status in different colors 

On 4/18/2017 at 7:10 PM, United We Stand said:

Do you know where we can go to edit the fade? Some said it wasn't enough, or even set it as black and white our icons.

I see an issue with fa-star not getting faded (grey) when all posts are read, in my case (color scheme) it's always bright white when pots are new and all read.  Is there way to grey it out when all posts are read?

Thanks for the latest update!

Edited by mz_
1 hour ago, mz_ said:

I see an issue with fa-star not getting faded (grey) when all posts are read, in my case (color scheme) it's always bright white when pots are new and all read.  Is there way to grey it out when all posts are read?

Thanks for the latest update!

There is color settings for that guys

Go to Front-End colors tab

you can select a different color for "read" and "un-read" forum icons it has even build with a nice sliding effect when you hover on forums, it will nicely show a different sliding color when there is "read" and "un-read" posts. I took care of this very good I dont know what you guys complaining about! lol :D 

Edited by TAMAN
30 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

There is color settings for that guys

Go to Front-End colors tab

you can select a different color for "read" and "un-read" forum icons it has even build with a nice sliding effect when you hover on forums, it will nicely show a different sliding color when there is "read" and "un-read" posts. I took care of this very good I dont know what you guys complaining about! lol :D 

I'll look at that again, I thought I changed the colors. ;)

EDIT:  I have read at: #333333 and unread at #FCFCFC.  fa-comments follows this, but fa-star does not, at least in my case.

Edited by mz_
43 minutes ago, mz_ said:

I'll look at that again, I thought I changed the colors. ;)

EDIT:  I have read at: #333333 and unread at #FCFCFC.  fa-comments follows this, but fa-star does not, at least in my case.

The star icon next to topic titles? It does change my website

MaxthonSnap20170420051423.png.c590bd9af730cb67f9f151239a0f39c3.png

Check if you have any custom related css in custom.css 

or check if your topic have new posts ! LOL :D 

Edited by TAMAN
18 hours ago, TAMAN said:

The star icon next to topic titles? It does change my website

MaxthonSnap20170420051423.png.c590bd9af730cb67f9f151239a0f39c3.png

Check if you have any custom related css in custom.css 

or check if your topic have new posts ! LOL :D 

Could be my fault, been changing the color scheme to work with my site.  I'll triple check, or re-install the skin to compare.

Ok, installed the latest skin update and no matter what color I change "read" too, "fa-star" does not change, it's always white while "fa-comments" does change color.  If I set my unread to white, both read and unread are white cause "fa-star" don't change.  

7 hours ago, mz_ said:

Ok, installed the latest skin update and no matter what color I change "read" too, "fa-star" does not change, it's always white while "fa-comments" does change color.  If I set my unread to white, both read and unread are white cause "fa-star" don't change.  

Can you tell me where exactly you see star and comment icons? you might be referring to a different place.

5 hours ago, mz_ said:

Another issue I'm having is when I set the background image to scroll and no-repeat it makes the image huge and distorted.  

Use repeat option too, also add this css to custom.css

body.ipsApp.ipsApp_front {background-size: inherit !important;}

This option is best suitable for pattern backgrounds

Edited by TAMAN
3 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Can you tell me where exactly you see star and comment icons? you might be referring to a different place.

Use repeat option too, also add this css to custom.css

body.ipsApp.ipsApp_front {background-size: inherit !important;}

This option is best suitable for pattern backgrounds

This worked perfect, thanks!

What I'm trying to do is make read grey and unread white.

23homyg.jpg

These (fa-comments) only change colors using the read status and unread status settings in front end colors which works well.

However when you go into the forums and you have topics that use fa-star and fa-circle, the read status and unread status settings does not affect those icons.

23p3k6.jpg

15qogvk.jpg

I can change the blue star and blue circle to white by changing item status badges active in front end colors.  If I change this to white, it's great for topics that have unread messages, but then the star that is already white can not be changed to reflect topics that have read messages.  Read status and unread status should also change the colors of these stars and circles..

1 hour ago, mz_ said:

This worked perfect, thanks!

What I'm trying to do is make read grey and unread white.

23homyg.jpg

These (fa-comments) only change colors using the read status and unread status settings in front end colors which works well.

However when you go into the forums and you have topics that use fa-star and fa-circle, the read status and unread status settings does not affect those icons.

23p3k6.jpg

15qogvk.jpg

I can change the blue star and blue circle to white by changing item status badges active in front end colors.  If I change this to white, it's great for topics that have unread messages, but then the star that is already white can not be changed to reflect topics that have read messages.  Read status and unread status should also change the colors of these stars and circles..

I just updated the theme and improved the body background image settings, plus adding the setting for item status badges NOT active :) 

No version number added, Just download and use Upload a new version

Remove the css code i posted in previous post that fixed your background image, you can now use the settings in the body tab

Use  initial for Header: Background size :) remember to remove the code in custom.css first

Edited by TAMAN
1 hour ago, TAMAN said:

I just updated the theme and improved the body background image settings, plus adding the setting for item status badges NOT active :) 

No version number added, Just download and use Upload a new version

Remove the css code i posted in previous post that fixed your background image, you can now use the settings in the body tab

Use  initial for Header: Background size :) remember to remove the code in custom.css first

Awesome, thanks so much!  And thanks for the great support and quick replies!