Dreadnought Theme [ support topic ]

15 minutes ago, Reagan2791 said:

Ah, ok. Nice.  One more thing for now.  Just reply when you have time.

I've noticed that when using the default forum markers, they change to blue when there is a new post.  That's perfect.  However, when you create a new forum, IPB gives you the option to use a custom forum marker.  When I do use a custom marker, there isn't currently an automatic adjustment that fades them or gives them any transparency when there are no new posts.  So, when there are new posts, you can't tell by the forum marker.  I know it's possible to do because I have another theme installed that this works on.  In other words, I upload my custom marker in full color but it automatically displays as faded or grayed out until there's a new post.  When there's a new post, it appears in full color.  Is this something that would be much trouble to modify?

The icon color changes when there is a new post

You can also customize the colors of the icons 

this is in Front-End Colors tab

6a7e57e9d3abf18a7e242c11a4baa7ef.png

Just check the settings, everything is customizable :) 

Version 2.1

• Palette is now available in this theme, You can switch between a white and dark version of the theme or adding your own preset of colors, Please read the palette description in theme settings. :) 
  • Added user group option to News ticker, You can now choose who can see the news ticker.
  • Added "Forums: Categories" to slider exclude option

• For faster scrolling Body: Background attachment  setting has been removed.
    during theme upgrade, this setting wont be removed on your side unless you install the theme fresh, So just ignore it ;) 
  • Fixing minor CSS issues and improvements

309a5840292134f0111559b5b19e58f7.png

How to update?

ACP --> Customization ---> Themes

uploadanewversion-min.png

Edited by TAMAN
3 minutes ago, Optic14 said:

Hi @TAMAN thanks for update :)

Were you able to find a solution yet for excluding slider on forums inside clubs?

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/436828-dreadnought-theme-support-topic/?do=findComment&comment=2703547

Nope, i didn't try to be honest, forums is forums and it is not possible to exclude it only on clubs with the way im excluding these pages in theme settings which are basically page modules and page controllers 

Edited by TAMAN

Hi @TAMAN

Actually it looks like you resolved it! In the new version you added Forum: Categories to slider exclusion.. (I didn't notice before because I made a child theme so had to create a new one to see the new option)

And when I select that option... it works... no more slider on forums inside clubs. :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Optic14 said:

Hi @TAMAN

Actually it looks like you resolved it! In the new version you added Forum: Categories to slider exclusion.. (I didn't notice before because I made a child theme so had to create a new one to see the new option)

And when I select that option... it works... no more slider on forums inside clubs. :thumbsup:

Oh i totally misunderstood then 

I thought you wanted to exclude the slider in club forums only and not on main forums app 

yea i did add that option to exclude on forum categories like a week ago LOL 

keep your eyes on update changes 

Cheers!

1 hour ago, TAMAN said:

I thought you wanted to exclude the slider in club forums only and not on main forums app 

Hi @TAMAN yes you understood me correctly.

Exclude slider everywhere, except on Forum: index.

So on new update I have all exclude options selected, except Forum: index. Now exclude works even on club forums.

So yes you fixed it. :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, Optic14 said:

Hi @TAMAN yes you understood me correctly.

Exclude slider everywhere, except on Forum: index.

So on new update I have all exclude options selected, except Forum: index. Now exclude works even on club forums.

So yes you fixed it. :thumbsup:

wait! no no im sure someone else wanted to exclude the slider on club forums only :D 

anyways, leave it :lol:

Enjoy!

Hi again @TAMAN

I noticed you moved background image to ::before selector on <body> which works really well! :thumbsup:

But unfortunately it works too well, I am using this plugin for Profile Backgrounds:

And the theme background setting is overriding the plugin's profile background image.

Can you guide me which template the theme uses for the background image so I can wrap an IF conditional around it so it doesn't apply theme background image for member profile pages?

57 minutes ago, Optic14 said:

Hi again @TAMAN

I noticed you moved background image to ::before selector on <body> which works really well! :thumbsup:

But unfortunately it works too well, I am using this plugin for Profile Backgrounds:

And the theme background setting is overriding the plugin's profile background image.

Can you guide me which template the theme uses for the background image so I can wrap an IF conditional around it so it doesn't apply theme background image for member profile pages?

Yea, I had to move the body background image to a new element to reduce the scrolling janks, Now the theme scrolls as fast as me killing everyone in PUBG school area

@TheJackal84 I hope you dont mind me tagging you here

In your plugin "profile Backgrounds" 

Try to avoid using the images on body element, this causes scrolling janks (laggy scrolling), especially with "background-attachment: fixed" 

So, for your plugin try add a new element for the background images with z-index and you dont even need to use !important on anything and it will always be on top of body

Or using ::before pseudo element on body, You can simply copy my css codes in my themes you can check here http://hellshammers.net/tit/

Edited by TAMAN
7 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Yea, I had to move the body background image to a new element to reduce the scrolling janks, Now the theme scrolls as fast as me killing everyone in PUBG school area LOL

@TheJackal84 I hope you dont mind me tagging you here

In your plugin "profile Backgrounds" 

Try to avoid using the images on body element, this causes scrolling janks (laggy scrolling), especially with "background-attachment: fixed" 

So, for your plugin try add a new element for the background images with z-index and you dont even need to use !important on anything and it will always be on top of body

Or using ::before pseudo element on body, You can simply copy my css codes in my themes you can check here http://hellshammers.net/tit/

Yeah that's no problem I will look into changing it, I tried to make it so it will work on all themes cos I know some people use their own elements and classes, Thanks for the info.

On 7/4/2017 at 7:05 PM, TAMAN said:

smaller or bigger slider image will be zoomed in or out to fit the slider container, But you can upload a image that has same width and height as your slider so it wont be zoomed in or out,

@TAMAN, there must be a way to CONTAIN the image in the slider through CSS so that one doesn't need to resize images.  Could you provide some help on this - What would need to be adjusted or could you make this an option in a future update.  We use a LOT of images and it's a big pain in the butt to constantly resize the images to "fit" 

11 minutes ago, pilotguy said:

@TAMAN, there must be a way to CONTAIN the image in the slider through CSS so that one doesn't need to resize images.  Could you provide some help on this - What would need to be adjusted or could you make this an option in a future update.  We use a LOT of images and it's a big pain in the butt to constantly resize the images to "fit" 

No this is not possible, it doesn't even make sense man, If you want the image to be perfect and same width and height in slider then you MUST upload an image that is same width and same height, otherwise how on earth would you fit an image that is for example 1000px x 1000px in a slider that is 1340px x 600px ?? you either have to zoom in or out to fit or do nothing and just put it in which is an ugly style

@pilotguy btw you have to upgrade the theme to latest version, a lot of improvements ;) 

Edited by TAMAN
1 hour ago, pilotguy said:

Well even with resizing it cuts the tops and bottoms off.  Anyway, just thought I would ask.  Question answered.

It is NOT resized nor cutting

It is the full image and just zoomed in or out to adjust the image to fit in the slider :) 

btw there is also a setting in swiper slider tab to adjust the image position it is well explained on how to use you might want to play with that maybe