Dreadnought Theme [ support topic ]

Just now, Adam Spencer said:

Those are the widgets we were referring to and wondering if they would work in the easy editor.

oh, 

Sorry you should ask in their support topic not themes, for example whatever that teamspeak widget is wherever you have downloaded check their support topic its not something i can help you with 

Hey, great theme. 

I am having issues getting the slider to display on my main forums page but disabled which you enter sub forum or thread. I have tried every possible combination but cannot get it !

Also if anyone wants to help set up my articles for slider and a main page, let me know as I'm struggling :cry:

16 minutes ago, Lucas James said:

Hey, great theme. 

I am having issues getting the slider to display on my main forums page but disabled which you enter sub forum or thread. I have tried every possible combination but cannot get it !

Also if anyone wants to help set up my articles for slider and a main page, let me know as I'm struggling :cry:

Have you seen the exclude setting in the slider tab in the theme editing? :) 

5 hours ago, Lucas James said:

Yes I have already tried it. I exclude every single available option and the slider still displays on my sub forum sections

By default i have excluded the forum topics from showing the slider, the setting in the swiper tab just un-select the "Forum topics" :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive created a custom block using an iframe, only way i know how to show what i need, however, it doesnt have the same background as the other blocks im using. Do you happen to know how to use the same background styling ? I know this probably doesnt even come under support, but you know what youre doing. 

307828537fd4e4bcbf058a2b3738a050.png

The above block you can see doesnt have the same styling at all. 

Thanks for keeping the theme up to date!

I have a problem with the Swiper Slider on 4.2.1 however. The theme is installed as a new fresh theme, and I have imported the Pages_Slider_Articles template, created a new block that uses template key Pages_Slider_Articles and selected the imported template under Content of the block. The preview looks fine. But when I enable Page Articles with Slider 1 active, I get an error 500 on the entire site.

The system logs says:

UnexpectedValueException:  (0)
#0 /var/www/html/forum/applications/cms/sources/Blocks/Block.php(270): IPS\cms\_Theme->getTemplate('recordfeed', 'cms', 'block')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\cms\Blocks\_Block->getTemplate(Array, '33ec0c39a0fc947...', NULL)
#2 /var/www/html/forum/system/Widget/Widget.php(233): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 /var/www/html/forum/system/Content/Widget.php(388): IPS\_Widget->output(Array, '33ec0c39a0fc947...')
#4 /var/www/html/forum/applications/cms/widgets/RecordFeed.php(309): IPS\Content\_Widget->render()
#5 /var/www/html/forum/applications/cms/sources/Blocks/Block.php(234): IPS\cms\widgets\_RecordFeed->render()
#6 /var/www/html/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(809) : eval()'d code(563): IPS\cms\Blocks\_Block::display(Object(IPS\cms\Blocks\Block))
#7 /var/www/html/forum/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_ta_templates->sliderBase()
#8 /var/www/html/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(809) : eval()'d code(5609): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('sliderBase', Array)
#9 /var/www/html/forum/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate('Community...', '\n<div id="elCms...', Array)
#10 /var/www/html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(166): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('globalTemplate', Array)
#11 /var/www/html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(103): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#12 /var/www/html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(556): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#13 /var/www/html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(148): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#14 /var/www/html/index.php(28): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#15 {main}

And backtrace:

#0 /var/www/html/forum/init.php(522): IPS\_Log::log('UnexpectedValue...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(UnexpectedValueException))
#2 {main}

If I disable Slider 1 and leave Swiper Slider active, there is no slider at at all, and no errors. Any ideas?

2 hours ago, Vanucci said:

The above block you can see doesnt have the same styling at all. 

I cant check without a link or knowing what is a custom iframe block 

This theme needs to be installed fresh on IPS 4.2 version it does NOT work properly if used "Upload a new version" method from 4.1 to 4.2. the theme must be reinstalled.

Edited by TAMAN
15 minutes ago, sbr said:

I have a problem with the Swiper Slider on 4.2.1 however. The theme is installed as a new fresh theme, and I have imported the Pages_Slider_Articles template, created a new block that uses template key Pages_Slider_Articles and selected the imported template under Content of the block. The preview looks fine. But when I enable Page Articles with Slider 1 active, I get an error 500 on the entire site.

Hello,

Can you take a screenshot of this place please

ACP > Pages > Templates > Block Plugin Templates

also did you use the latest version from marketplace right?

Edited by TAMAN
1 minute ago, TAMAN said:

Can you take a screenshot of this place please

ACP > Pages > Templates > Block Plugin Templates

also did you use the latest version from marketplace right?

Yes, the version that was uploaded 17 hours ago. Here's the screenshot:

blockss.thumb.JPG.17d4ea538cd63786892fd7282984602a.JPG

Please delete that duplicated block template and then recreate the block

07_26_17_pages_footer_articles

in the same page expand the "Database Templates" and check for any duplicated templates and delete.

Duplicated templates always starts with a date numbers just like this 07_26_17_

then recreate the block and let me know of the result

19 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Please delete that duplicated block template and then recreate the block

07_26_17_pages_footer_articles

in the same page expand the "Database Templates" and check for any duplicated templates and delete.

Duplicated templates always starts with a date numbers just like this 07_26_17_

then recreate the block and let me know of the result

That helped a bit! I now get the slider without the error and the articles are shown.

However if I disable Slider 1, the whole slider disappears. Is this intentional?

Edit: So I can enable Slider 1 and just remove all sliders from the slider sorting, and it works like I want. Is this a workaround or the way it is supposed to work? :)

Edited by sbr
1 hour ago, TAMAN said:

I cant check without a link or knowing what is a custom iframe block 

This theme needs to be installed fresh on IPS 4.2 version it does NOT work properly if used "Upload a new version" method from 4.1 to 4.2. the theme must be reinstalled.

Got it working, removing it and putting it back made everything good :D

Update 2.0.1

• Added "Leaderboard" & "Staff" pages to Slider exclude options.
  • Added usergroup options for news ticker, You can now select who can see the news ticker.
  • Minor bug fixes and improvements.

How to update?

• Use "Upload a new version" method :) 

@TAMAN Another request.  The community I have really is loving your theme BUT the lack of a background picker is a bummer.  I know you have one, but it is tied into the SLIDER which really isn't that handy at the end of the day.  For example I have a memorial announcement banner up right now for a member who passed away... wouldn't really make sense to have that as a background.  If you think of the sliders as more promotional tools, I think you would see where I am coming from.  A separate selection for background selection would be really nice.

9 hours ago, pilotguy said:

@TAMAN - Would you be able to via a DM direct me on how to add more SLIDERS in the Theme config??  I'd like more than 5 to configure.  Like 10,15 or 20+Capture.thumb.PNG.0cdc089c1f57fec16d4ee6745076e4f1.PNG

Sorry, only 5 custom sliders in theme settings

If you want more you must use pages app

it is same exact thing and you can have ultimate sliders

3 hours ago, pilotguy said:

@TAMAN Another request.  The community I have really is loving your theme BUT the lack of a background picker is a bummer.  I know you have one, but it is tied into the SLIDER which really isn't that handy at the end of the day.  For example I have a memorial announcement banner up right now for a member who passed away... wouldn't really make sense to have that as a background.  If you think of the sliders as more promotional tools, I think you would see where I am coming from.  A separate selection for background selection would be really nice.

I have actually created a background picker but still haven't implemented in my themes and i dont promises when but i will ;) 

1 hour ago, TAMAN said:

If you want more you must use pages app

it is same exact thing and you can have ultimate sliders

How would I exactly go about doing that?

1 hour ago, TAMAN said:

have actually created a background picker but still haven't implemented in my themes and i dont promises when but i will ;) 

Can't wait!! :)