Dreadnought Theme [ support topic ]

12 hours ago, mz_ said:

When applying a cover text (private section), I'm trying to change the color of: 

Cover background (1)
%70 Transparent

From the default blue to a light red. but no matter what color I change it to, it don't change.

There are no issues on my side changing the color.

However, a while ago when i was developing this feature of styling forums on another theme i had similar issue that color or some other settings did not apply and everything was correct, this might be a bug IPS templates not my theme 

So, Edit theme HTML and CSS

open ta_Categories template and do nothing just click save on it

oj35h5.png

-The global widgets uses Editor so your account need to have HTMl posting access, Go to ACP > Groups> edit your group and then enable "Can post HTML?" setting, after that your editor will have a "Source" button next to the toolbars. You can have only one block for top and bottom :) 

-Its the advanced footer plugin  : ) 

Edited by TAMAN
7 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

-The global widgets uses Editor so your account need to have HTMl posting access, Go to ACP > Groups> edit your group and then enable "Can post HTML?" setting, after that your editor will have a "Source" button next to the toolbars. You can have only one block for top and bottom :) 

-Its the advanced footer plugin  : ) 

Sorry, that was a duh! on my part.  Switched to source and its fine now.  

I noticed when I add it to show on "Forums" it only shows it if I'm within a forum rather than just the front page,only way I can get it to show there is if I choose every page.

I suggested to add a 2nd top one cause I'd like to have one for guests and then one if I want to add something like an announcement. 

9 minutes ago, mz_ said:

I noticed when I add it to show on "Forums" it only shows it if I'm within a forum rather than just the front page,only way I can get it to show there is if I choose every page.

Its supposed to be like this, selecting forums will show on forums, anywhere on forums.

13 minutes ago, mz_ said:

I suggested to add a 2nd top one cause I'd like to have one for guests and then one if I want to add something like an announcement. 

Maybe in feature updates, no promises :) 

You can use the Slider for that

I do that in my website http://hellshammers.net

18 minutes ago, United We Stand said:

How can we add that little animation thing to our regular icons (example that green Admin one)

14 minutes ago, pilotguy said:

I too WOULD LOVE to know this!!

I will implement that for next version, soon :) 

40 minutes ago, mz_ said:

Theme is finally live on my forums.  Thanks for all the help and support!

http://www.horrornightnightmares.com/forums/

WOW! I like it. better than mine, I always such at coloring haha :D 

Thanks for the review btw :) 

Can you add an option to disable the slider on mobile?

EDIT:

I asked the above cause I tried to change the slider.  I want the entire slider to be clickable rather than a button.  I got it to work somewhat, looks ok on non-mobile, but when viewing on mobile its no longer responsive.

Is there a way to make the entire slider clickable without any text/button and still be responsive?

Edited by mz_
9 hours ago, mz_ said:

Can you add an option to disable the slider on mobile?

EDIT:

I asked the above cause I tried to change the slider.  I want the entire slider to be clickable rather than a button.  I got it to work somewhat, looks ok on non-mobile, but when viewing on mobile its no longer responsive.

Is there a way to make the entire slider clickable without any text/button and still be responsive?

A simple way is to just expand the button and hide the background and its content

So leave the slider button in their settings.

add this to your custom.css 

.slide-contents>a{
 	position: absolute!important;
    background: none!important;
  	font-size: 0!important;
    top: -65px;
    bottom: 0;
    left: 0;
    width: 100%;
    height: 415px; /*Chnage this value to your slider heigh*/
}

This will expand the slider button full size and full height in the slider with no background and text, and the whole slider should be clickable now.

--

@United We Stand Thanks for the review :)

Edited by TAMAN

Theme updated to version 1.0.1,

Just some improvements in css especially for skewed elements that uses the transparent textures like the userbar. 

--

14 hours ago, pilotguy said:

Quick Question. 

How can we add that little animation thing to our regular icons (example that green Admin one)

14 hours ago, pilotguy said:

I too WOULD LOVE to know this!!

Well, after testing i remembered why i didn't do it at first place lol its just the method im using which is applying css pseudo elements on forum fontawesome icons. but pseudo elements can not apply on img tags, And its not possible to target the forum image devs for read and un-read status without editing HTML template which i wont do it.

So i leave this alone with its current opacity effect when there is no new posts just like the default theme.

But if you have any suggestions or a good idea what to do with the forum image if there are new status then Please feel free :) 

Edited by TAMAN
15 hours ago, TAMAN said:

A simple way is to just expand the button and hide the background and its content

So leave the slider button in their settings.

add this to your custom.css 

.slide-contents>a{
 	position: absolute!important;
    background: none!important;
  	font-size: 0!important;
    top: -65px;
    bottom: 0;
    left: 0;
    width: 100%;
    height: 415px; /*Chnage this value to your slider heigh*/
}

This will expand the slider button full size and full height in the slider with no background and text, and the whole slider should be clickable now.

--

@United We Stand Thanks for the review :)

This worked perfect!  Thanks!  I won't show you the way I had it. :)

Edited by mz_
1 hour ago, Subdreamer said:

I like the demo theme! You did a great job!

Are planning on releasing a U.S. military inspired theme in the future? I am working on a private invitation-only U.S. military site, and I would love to have something similar to what you've made. :)

Well, Im more into gaming and fancy themes, so you can expect more themes like this one from me, but not a specific military inspired theme

But thank you, Im glad that you like my work :) 

Edited by TAMAN
typo
39 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Well, Im more into gaming and fancy themes so can you expect more themes like this one, but not a specific military inspired theme

But thank you, Im glad that you like my work :) 

Thanks for the quick reply! I am following your theme and I will eventually buy it once it has "matured" enough.

8 hours ago, Subdreamer said:

Thanks for the quick reply! I am following your theme and I will eventually buy it once it has "matured" enough.

It's great right now!  All themes will have issues on a per site/personal style basis as well as things changing when IPS releases a new update.  I've had it for about a week now, and every issue/question I've had has been fixed and answered quickly!

Only other themes I'd suggest are from Ehren at IPSFocus.  Great work and support as well.