Jump to content

Community

TAMAN

Dreadnought Theme [ support topic ]

Recommended Posts

On 7/26/2018 at 11:14 AM, TAMAN said:

Topic background? 

its in the Topic view tab under the same name 🙂

 

Yes. 

P.S. only 2 templates modified  in this theme i would say %98 the theme will always work with latest ips versions 🙂 and if it is required to update i usually update themes the same day as the new ips version comes 😉 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

How do I link the slider button to a specific page?

<a class="ta_sliderButton" href="PASTE YOUR LINK HERE">Buy now<i class="fa fa-arrow-right" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>

 

Just now, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

Great theme, I love it. 

Is there an easy way to check which colours are for which setting? 

I know sometimes I can use inspect but doesn't always work. 

If not I can see me asking A LOT of questions 

The setting title sometimes helps as well 

if not then play around on localhost its easy 🙂  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to increase the gap at the top so I can use a larger image?

Capture.thumb.PNG.04de5ab7e1e03b8ebdab1e9fb5c0fb15.PNG

Also, is there a way to choose a separate logo for mobile? It looks a bit blank on mobile skin. I'd like to make a graphic to fill this screen below, but then it would look strange on the above image (desktop view). 

_20180801_142248.thumb.JPG.8c49740e3e5b1d6cf7d099fea4418323.JPG

Maybe you could add a separate option for mobile logo? 

Finally do you know the sizes for these areas? No problem if not, I will just use trial and error.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

Is there a way to increase the gap at the top so I can use a larger image?

with custom.css 

.ta_Header {
    margin-top: 85px;
}

 

Just now, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

Also, is there a way to choose a separate logo for mobile? It looks a bit blank on mobile skin. I'd like to make a graphic to fill this screen below, but then it would look strange on the above image (desktop view). 

with custom.css

this hides the actual logo and uses the custom image link as a background image, 

this is the only solution i can provide 

@media screen and (max-width: 979px){
	.ta_Logo {
		background-image: url(IMAGE LINK); /*paste your image link here*/
    	background-position: 50% 50%;
    	background-size: cover;
	}
  	.ta_Logo #elLogo img {
    	opacity: 0;
	}
}

 

Just now, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

Maybe you could add a separate option for mobile logo? 

Cant do, sorry 🙂 

 

 

Edited by TAMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

 

_20180801_142248.thumb.JPG.8c49740e3e5b1d6cf7d099fea4418323.JPG

 

Please can you help me with changing the colour of the background behind the logo? I've tried so many, can't seem to change it.

Also is there a way to disable the body image for mobile? It doesn't work well at all on mobile, even with a very low res image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

Please can you help me with changing the colour of the background behind the logo? I've tried so many, can't seem to change it.

 Also is there a way to disable the body image for mobile? It doesn't work well at all on mobile, even with a very low res image

Body background image doesnt show on mobile version of the theme its normal 

@media screen and (max-width: 979px){
  	body.ipsApp.ipsApp_front:before{display:none} /*hide body bg image*/
  
	.ipsApp.ipsApp_front #ipsLayout_header header {
    	background-color: #404052; /*logo background*/
	}
}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@media screen and (max-width: 979px){
  	body.ipsApp.ipsApp_front:before{display:none} /*hide body bg image*/
  
	.ipsApp.ipsApp_front #ipsLayout_header header {
    	background-color: #404052; /*logo background*/
	}
}

Could you possibly guide me through entering these commands? This is the screen I start from yes?

css.thumb.PNG.bc240cee597e73674f63b053294352d2.PNG

 

Also on mobile, inside my football a, the edge of the screen is distorted, like below

_20180803_094841.thumb.JPG.736a3c2debf2de91ad62074486447c0b.JPG

Not sure if this is your theme or the football app. Pretty sure it wasn't there before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

Could you possibly guide me through entering these commands? This is the screen I start from yes?

 

fe37a81c73a01f773be32594725ee09d.png

 

Just now, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

Also on mobile, inside my football a, the edge of the screen is distorted, like below

 

Not sure if this is your theme or the football app. Pretty sure it wasn't there before

Not related to dreadnought theme, try to report to whatever the application is you are using 🙂 

Also, its good to test the issues on default IPS theme to check if the problem is on my theme or all themes

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TAMAN said:

fe37a81c73a01f773be32594725ee09d.png

 

Not related to dreadnought theme, try to report to whatever the application is you are using 🙂 

Also, its good to test the issues on default IPS theme to check if the problem is on my theme or all themes

 

 

 

 

Thank you again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Taman, Love your work on this theme. 

After searching this thread for about 15 minutes I'm having difficulty finding an answer to the issue I'm having. 

I have a front page from pages that has a slider, but I want it hidden on every other page that I have. Is there a way this is possible? I'm seeing there's only a way to exclude pages but this also removes it from the front page. 

Please advise. 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Diplomunion said:

Hi Taman, Love your work on this theme. 

After searching this thread for about 15 minutes I'm having difficulty finding an answer to the issue I'm having. 

I have a front page from pages that has a slider, but I want it hidden on every other page that I have. Is there a way this is possible? I'm seeing there's only a way to exclude pages but this also removes it from the front page. 

Please advise. 

Thanks!

Hello,

 

 

Sorry, Its not possible to exclude or show it on only one "Pages" page. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Hello,

 

 

Sorry, Its not possible to exclude or show it on only one "Pages" page. 

 

Hi,

Thank you for the prompt response. Is there a workaround you'd recommend? Should I use a different "page" as my front page and save pages for areas of the website I don't want to have the slider on? 

Thanks again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, Diplomunion said:

Hi,

Thank you for the prompt response. Is there a workaround you'd recommend? Should I use a different "page" as my front page and save pages for areas of the website I don't want to have the slider on? 

Thanks again. 

I can only provide css solution 

 

To hide the slider from all other pages you would need to create a CSS template in pages app

ACP > Pages > Templates > New > Add CSS file

after creating the css file, you can open it on the same page.

add this line of css in the css file you created and save it

.ta_themeSlider {display:none!important}

after that, you need to include this css file in all the pages that you DONT want to show the slider on.

ACP > Pages > Pages 

For example you have a page named articles, edit it and go to Page Includes tab to select the css file you created 

646f6c1698503193b00047f25ee9920a.png

 

Edited by TAMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TAMAN said:

I can only provide css solution 

 

To hide the slider from all other pages you would need to create a CSS template in pages app

ACP > Pages > Templates > New > Add CSS file

after creating the css file, you can open it on the same page.

add this line of css in the css file you created and save it


.ta_themeSlider {display:none!important}

after that, you need to include this css file in all the pages that you DONT want to show the slider on.

ACP > Pages > Pages 

For example you have a page named articles, edit it and go to Page Includes tab to select the css file you created 

646f6c1698503193b00047f25ee9920a.png

 

Thank you so much Taman I'll try this when I get home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Diplomunion said:

Thank you so much Taman I'll try this when I get home. 

You're welcome.

 

Thank you for your kind review! 🙂 

Let me know if i can help on anything else

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2018 at 6:42 PM, TAMAN said:

Hello, 

 

1. Do you mean the default forum icons? if so it can be done with a custom css, i can provide help on that.

Hi Taman,

I was wondering if you could help with this. I help run a gaming-themed community and I wanted to change the forum icons to something more gamer-themed for each forum board on the main forum menu. How is this possible? 

Thanks

Edited by Diplomunion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Diplomunion said:

Hi Taman,

I was wondering if you could help with this. I help run a gaming-themed community and I wanted to change the forum icons to something more gamer-themed for each forum board on the main forum menu. How is this possible? 

Thanks

Hi,

 

You can do by editing the forum in ACP and then upload your custom icons 🙂 

the css part is only good if you want to change the default icon all at once to something else from fontawesome icons 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Hi,

 

You can do by editing the forum in ACP and then upload your custom icons 🙂 

the css part is only good if you want to change the default icon all at once to something else from fontawesome icons 

Sorry Taman, I'm having trouble finding the area in ACP where I can upload custom icons. Could I trouble you to be a little more specific? Is there a specific page in ACP that I need to go to because I can't find it. 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Diplomunion said:

Sorry Taman, I'm having trouble finding the area in ACP where I can upload custom icons. Could I trouble you to be a little more specific? Is there a specific page in ACP that I need to go to because I can't find it. 

Thanks!

ACP > Forums Edit the forum you want to upload the icon 

7cd3fd961c159a359e4504645a744e4b.pngbb7f4486e23f4aa4abbc2eb2cfd1a5f2.png

🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

ACP > Forums Edit the forum you want to upload the icon 

7cd3fd961c159a359e4504645a744e4b.pngbb7f4486e23f4aa4abbc2eb2cfd1a5f2.png

🙂

 

I feel silly haha. I was looking at the parent forum and not the child forums. 

Thank you once again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/8/2018 at 7:08 PM, Brian Bielinski said:

I'm not able to get the slider image to show up at all. Any idea why ?

I'm having the same issue as well. All that appears is a blank slider. Its weird b/c it was working before. 

Edited by Diplomunion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/9/2018 at 2:08 AM, Brian Bielinski said:

I'm not able to get the slider image to show up at all. Any idea why ?

Just now, Diplomunion said:

I'm having the same issue as well. All that appears is a blank slider. Its weird b/c it was working before. 

Works fine here

Please check the slider permissions 

Edited by TAMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2018 at 4:39 PM, TAMAN said:

Works fine here

Please check the slider permissions 

Permissions were fine but I reinstalled the entire theme and its working again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Diplomunion said:

Permissions were fine but I reinstalled the entire theme and its working again. 

mmm, could have been due to customization's! like editing resources, templates..., css etc if you have modified!

 

anyway, i'm glad it works now. let me know if it happens again 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×