newbie upgraded from vb4, have a couple of issues

Robert Williams

Hi, I've just upgraded from VB4 and has come across a couple of problems. I've be great-full for any help anyone can offer

Firstly, on my site, it's not possible to upload an avatar from an ios device. Clicking on 'upload single file' doesn't do anything. This error seems odd as there's no problem uploading a profile background image from an ios device. (Using latest software release and default theme)

Secondly, (I presume this is related to converting from VB) on a members profile page (and possibly on some of the posts, I'm not sure) the posts are showing all html tags (see screenshot attached).

Finally, not a problem, but could someone please explain to me how I add the blocks such as who's online & Member statistics such as on the page at https://invisionpower.com/forums/

I gather I need to create a new plugin via Pages->Blocks->Plugins ? But then how do I position the blocks? How would I put the who's online below my forum list and a block to the right of my forum list?

Sorry for the beginner questions but I've been using VB for the last 7 years so it's all new to me

Thanks

Rob

1.jpg

1 hour ago, Robert Williams said:

Finally, not a problem, but could someone please explain to me how I add the blocks such as who's online & Member statistics such as on the page at https://invisionpower.com/forums/

There should be a small tab on the left of your screen, click on it and it will display all the widgets along with the places you can drag and drop them.

2 hours ago, Robert Williams said:

Hi, I've just upgraded from VB4 and has come across a couple of problems. I've be great-full for any help anyone can offer

Firstly, on my site, it's not possible to upload an avatar from an ios device. Clicking on 'upload single file' doesn't do anything. This error seems odd as there's no problem uploading a profile background image from an ios device. (Using latest software release and default theme)

Yes, this is a glitch I've been meaning to tell Support about. Actually if you X out of the Avatar Upload field a couple times and keep trying, the Upload a single file function will eventually work. It never does anything on the first attempt. This is on my iPad, haven't tried it on iPhone.

Archived