Moving records from 1 database to another

LDDG

Hello all,

When I first installed IPS 4.x on my website, I was a bit overwhelmed with how to properly setup the IP.Pages database and store my records. Now that ALL of my records are stored on just 1 records database, I am somewhat limited as to how to manipulate and display the records on different pages.

With this being said, I am wondering if it's possible to select some records and move them from my current records database to a new records database?

If it helps, here is how my current database looks like with categories:

DATABASE 1

CAT 1

CAT 2

CAT 3

CAT 4

CAT 5

I want to create a DATABASE 2 and move CAT 4 and CAT 5 records from DATABASE 1 to DATABASE 2.

I hope I have explained myself enough to warrant some help! Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, LDDG said:

Hello all,

When I first installed IPS 4.x on my website, I was a bit overwhelmed with how to properly setup the IP.Pages database and store my records. Now that ALL of my records are stored on just 1 records database, I am somewhat limited as to how to manipulate and display the records on different pages.

With this being said, I am wondering if it's possible to select some records and move them from my current records database to a new records database?

If it helps, here is how my current database looks like with categories:

DATABASE 1

CAT 1

CAT 2

CAT 3

CAT 4

CAT 5

I want to create a DATABASE 2 and move CAT 4 and CAT 5 records from DATABASE 1 to DATABASE 2.

I hope I have explained myself enough to warrant some help! Thanks in advance!

No

Each database is unique in structure, and therefore you are unable to import / export / move records from one database to another.  

With that said, what exactly are you trying to accomplish?  You may be able to control the database feed to only display CAT 4 and CAT 5.  @opentype might be able to help you more once you provide some more information.  

2 hours ago, Joel R said:

No

Each database is unique in structure, and therefore you are unable to import / export / move records from one database to another.  

With that said, what exactly are you trying to accomplish?  You may be able to control the database feed to only display CAT 4 and CAT 5.  @opentype might be able to help you more once you provide some more information.  

The issue I am having is that I want to create new page and create a record feed block to display all records of CAT 4. Then another page with another record feed block to display all records of CAT 5.

The problem is that the record feed will only display the max number of records I tell it to and that's it. I need it to display ALL records with pagination.

If I had CAT 4 on a separate database and CAT 5 on another database, I could assign each database to it's corresponding page and be able to adjust the feed and it would have pagination.

Archived