Can I add a field in member profile that is the member_id?

Andrew Takats

Hi I'd like to give my members a number that they can use when submitting other data to me so that I can eventually match the data with  their profile info.  Is it possible to show the member_id (the sequential number that is assigned to each new member) as a read-only field in their profile? I tried using the 'member' field but it doesn't seem to show anything. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

11 hours ago, Andrew Takats said:

Hi I'd like to give my members a number that they can use when submitting other data to me so that I can eventually match the data with  their profile info.  Is it possible to show the member_id (the sequential number that is assigned to each new member) as a read-only field in their profile? I tried using the 'member' field but it doesn't seem to show anything. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

you can use members id in  post see if thats what you are looking for

thanks @Linguica and @sweethoney I tried the "member={member_id}" text inside the profile field definition (both for type Number and type Member) but doesn't seem to work.  Trying to decipher the XML in the member id in post piece -- it's too much of a stretch for me technically right now, but thanks for the suggestions! I'll keep trying and will find more time to research it. 

Archived