Official IPS Wordpress Bridge or SSO Intergration

The Old Man

Hi IPS,

You seem to be really promoting member engagement at present which is great news. Another thing I've seen you promoting a lot is the Rest API.

With Wordpress being so popular, I wondered if you might consider releasing an officially supported Wordpress/IPS bridge or single sign on solution, so that Admins who use IPS community suite can continue to use Wordpress (and vice versa) without expecting visitors to register twice on their website on both systems/databases, with IPS 4.x managing the membership.

I appreciate there is a Marketplace mod available but it's extremely expensive (no offence to the developer) and honestly out of reach of the majority of IPS Admins, especially those who already run their websites at a loss, as a hobby or for non-profit making community organisations.

WordPress was apparently used by more than 27.5% of the top 10 million websites as of February 2017*, and is is reportedly the most popular website management or blogging system in use on the Web, supporting more than 60 million websites.

I therefore think that there could be a huge opportunity there from a business sense for IPS, since you already have the skills and knowledge of IPS inside out to do it efficiently and effectively. I think it's fair to say its unlikely the average non-dev Admin could make a secure and reliable bridge without knowing competently what they are doing, I know I certainly couldn't.

You could perhaps do a free version with the just the member management aspect bridged, and possibly a paid version which could integrate more content such as Wordpress comments with Forums/Pages and vice versa.

Please could you give it some thought?

Many thanks.

"Usage Statistics and Market Share of Content Management Systems for Websites". W3Techs. February 2017. Retrieved February 22, 2017.

• 3 months later...

Archived