Lost images in Amazon S3

Merezhko

Hello, 

from time to time we see lost images in signatures and topics - all of the stored at Amazon S3.

index_php.thumb.png.041b3e5a6b47c1b8a336ad02492f9298.png

For example:

we have new topic with lost images, started on Friday
http://www.greenmats.club/topic/3059-auburn-1935-boattail-speedster-lindberg/

And at the same time we have another new topic from this user on the same day - images are visible
http://www.greenmats.club/topic/3060-cord-convertible-1937-lindberg/

Who can suggest - what can be the reason?

Many thanks in advance!

Maks

No, they did not. 

On my first link user re-uploaded the pics, so that example is incorrect. 
Lets see at another one. 

This topic has been started on 11 March and we see lost images. 

58d0089c57422_2017-03-2019_45_32.thumb.png.1e66d02245b4fa1ae3bac7b3a3a16b11.png

I've asked topic starter - he did not delete pics. And he sure they were visible when he started the topic.

Then he send pics to my email and i checked manually all pics at Amazon bucket dated 11 March - there are no pics there that i've received from ts. 

Where are they gone??

What could be the possible reason why pics from any accidental topics disappears from Amazon bucket from time to time? 

• 7 months later...
50 minutes ago, Upgradeovec said:

Some problems with acl settings on s3? But i am agree - it's strange, because not all stored images didn't work. Try to find image path on s3 and check it (existing, permissions, etc..)

No, I don´t use S3 I use dedicated server.

The images disappeared from post and image folder. Images previously were there and nobody eliminated them.

1 hour ago, pequeno said:

No, I don´t use S3 I use dedicated server.

The images disappeared from post and image folder. Images previously were there and nobody eliminated them.

I am asked topic starter. In that topic i see images except this post. Images in that post stored at S3 and it answer permission denied.

@pequeno can you write link to your forum? What a technology of dedicated server you use? Dedicated store server? Ftp connection, mounted folder, Ceph?

I use cross region replication for my buckets. Then I know I have a copy of any image, even if the user delete it from the post. I recommend that..

Did you check that those images actually was uploaded to that topic, or was it copied from another topic, that is now deleted? I have experienced that.. or people delete albums in Gallery for instance..

49 minutes ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

I use cross region replication for my buckets. Then I know I have a copy of any image, even if the user delete it from the post. I recommend that..

How can I do it?

2 hours ago, Upgradeovec said:

I am asked topic starter. In that topic i see images except this post. Images in that post stored at S3 and it answer permission denied.

@pequeno can you write link to your forum? What a technology of dedicated server you use? Dedicated store server? Ftp connection, mounted folder, Ceph?

Edited 2 hours ago by Upgradeovec

In my case the same thing happens, it is only in one post of the topic, the others have the images.

I have a linux CentOS 7 server, without any special configuration, and I did not modify anything in these days.

5 hours ago, pequeno said:

How can I do it?

You can read about it here: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/dev/crr.html

Allthough it is very unlikely that this second bucket is needed, it is nice to have if any software or user is causing a bucket to be deleted. Or the very unlikely case that amazon storage have a downtime..

• 2 months later...

This is driving me nuts, too! Transferring content to and from S3 is starting to cost above the free usage tier.

I uploaded all of my 4.2.7 emoticons to S3 with Cloudfront, all looked great. Over the course of the next few days, they all started to disappear is small batches! In the end I was left with about 30 out of over 500 emoticons.

However when I switched storage back to my IPS uploads folder, they all returned and are 100% available (a huge relief), so what changed to prevent them showing?

The same thing seems to be happening with my profile photos, even my own has disappeared now. If I open my missing profile pic in a new tab, I see:

NoSuchKeyThe specified key does not exist.uploads/profile_photos/monthly_2016_02/image.jpeg.e4aacd4e59335ee0591be9b88cf1561a.jpeg9BCBF6D7299E59D35A2LeBeZETA998zgHiw92QeSZEoWSMPHps+7J9xoyqltApDjMTOxsXB78U/+wAxCk2cXzOhd+rw=

Is it some sort of cache expiry setting somewhere in IPS or S3 that causes it? Has anyone found the cause?

28 minutes ago, The Old Man said:

NoSuchKeyThe specified key does not exist.uploads/profile_photos/monthly_2016_02/image.jpeg.e4aacd4e59335ee0591be9b88cf1561a.jpeg9BCBF6D7299E59D35A2LeBeZETA998zgHiw92QeSZEoWSMPHps+7J9xoyqltApDjMTOxsXB78U/+wAxCk2cXzOhd+rw=

Classic case for a support ticket. 

Archived