Push Notifications integration with OneSignal

Joel R

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On ‎11‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 6:08 AM, Joel R said:

I have seen this been added to Xenforo as an add-on and without any application like Tapatalk you can send notifications in your own brand ( if the site is all https ) and you dont have to have abrowser be open in the background. 

I wonder if this can be implemented in IPS as well. Actually I really hope it will be..

There is a huge interest concerning browser notifications AND push notifications to mobile devices.

Problem with onesignal is, it only works on chrome and firefox. But it should also work on safari and MS edge (Internet Explorer).

Most of it was already discussed in other threads, just search for "app development" or "push notifications".

16 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

There is a huge interest concerning browser notifications AND push notifications to mobile devices.

Problem with onesignal is, it only works on chrome and firefox. But it should also work on safari and MS edge (Internet Explorer).

Most of it was already discussed in other threads, just search for "app development" or "push notifications".

Looking at past 90 days analytics, %67 of my visitors/users are Chrome+Firefox users. Wouldnt it be better to be able to notify %67 than not being able to notify none ?

Besides at least they seem to have added Safari on MacOSX ...

• Web push is only supported on:

• Chrome 42+ (Desktop & Android)
    • Webviews like Facebook in-app browser is not supported
  • Safari 7.1+ (Mac OS X desktop only)
    • iOS does not currently support web push notifications
  • Firefox 44+ Desktop & Firefox 48+ Android

Archived