SQL Backup form ACP?

guyroch

In version 3 we had a way to do a SQL backup using the ACP only.  I'm on the IPS cloud hosting so I don;t have access to phpMyAdmin to do a real backup.  The reason I need this (on a regular basis) is that I like to bring a copy of my data home on my testing/development env.

I can't seem to find an SQL Backup feature in V4.  Is it not there?

Thanks

Guylain

No, this is not a feature in IPS4 and - for security reasons - i think it's good it was removed. (Reason: If a hacker gets access to the ACP, (s)he can steal all the data (dump) easily... Without this option, (s)he needs to do more to access the DB).

As for CiC-Options, we will have to wait for IPS to give you your option on this...

I'm a 34 year IT veteran, claiming security reasons is just bogus ~ I don't buy it.  If someone gains access to your ACP it is already game over and you have bigger fish to fry.

Thanks anyway for replying, much appreciated.

I'll develop my own plugin then.

Regards,

Hehe, i also work 25 years in an enterprise datacenter.... Websiteaccounts are hacked much more often as a server (if configured well).... I know a lot of softwarepackages, that removed such features in their actual versions for that reason, not just IPS :) 

If you are able to code it for you, that's great :) , i am just an admin and no dev :unsure:

As mentioned, i don't know if IPS has some (hosting)options for CiC-Customers to get backups easily.

Archived