Pages SuperSlider support topic

opentype

Support topic for:

Pages SuperSlider is a versatile and customizable slider/swiper block template for Pages database blocks. Check out the live demo to see it in action. 

SuperSlider is fully responsive, touch-enabled for mobile devices and works in the main content column of single-column pages or in the sidebar. The appearance and functionality can easily be customized through dozens of options in the settings plugin. You can create any number of sliders and also combine them on one page. But all sliders will share the same settings. 

58c03a193f73e_ScreenShot2017-03-08at16_18_30.thumb.png.104c53c15e215a6a8b2907cea30373d0.png

5 minutes ago, gabs007 said:

can I use the small block (one in the picture) and insert it into the sidebar of the forum main page for example ? or any topic view as a side slider ?

Yes, sure. You need Pages and a Pages database to pull the content (picture + title) from as a Pages block. But you can then use that block wherever you want. 

Ok, Having trouble setting up the slider..  Maybe I'm missing something.

I followed the installation. 
I managed the slider to show just 1 picture, but doesn't autoplay nor the arrows work.

I'm thinking that maybe, just a little bit more of information in the pdf might help. Cause maybe I'm doing something wrong.
If we need or don't need a database, how to use it with a database. A real example how to create a page using it. 

14 minutes ago, gabs007 said:

Ok, Having trouble setting up the slider..  Maybe I'm missing something.

I followed the installation. 
I managed the slider to show just 1 picture, but doesn't autoplay nor the arrows work.

I'm thinking that maybe, just a little bit more of information in the pdf might help. Cause maybe I'm doing something wrong.
If we need or don't need a database, how to use it with a database. A real example how to create a page using it. 

Yes, you need a database, since that’s what it is for. Then you create a block as described in the PDF, make it use the SuperSlider template, and place it on a page. Then you adjust the settings in the settings plugin. That’s normally it. 

If you run into problem, first thing you should check is whether it also misbehaves in the default theme. I saw you also posted in Taman’s topic. It might well be that it conflicts with the slider in his theme. I don’t know. I can only test the default theme, not commercial third-party themes. 

To check it out further I would need access to a test page running the slider. That could indicate problems. If that still doesn’t help, I would need temporary admin access to investigate it further. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Pedro Ibáñez said:

Hi opentype,

It can be used in the Front End or only in Pages?.

It’s a Pages block template. So it can only be used for Pages databases, but it can be displayed anywhere widgets can be added.  

11 minutes ago, Pedro Ibáñez said:

Can adjust the size of the images?

You set the aspect ratio, just as you might know it from SuperGrid. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2017 at 4:30 PM, opentype said:

I can’t replicate that in Chrome. Do you have a test page on your site?

Do you get “link behaviour” before clicking? i.e. a hover effect, a preview of the URL in the browser, an alt text after a while …

Strange.  Last time I checked I sat there and clicked and nothing with Chrome.  But, if I right-clicked and opened the article in a new tab it worked fine.  Today, for some strange reason it does work with Chrome, although sometimes I have to click twice or thrice for it to "stick."  And I know that makes absolutely no sense.  And yes, I do get "link behaviour" with all browsers.

If you still want to take a look, the test slider is here: https://www.liquidfractal.org/articles/

Apart from all this, thank you for creating these very cool and much-needed templates!

• 5 months later...

Archived