TDB Stop Shouting (RC)

v1.0.10

Fixes and Changes:

• Removed: The Surname tab has been removed as the code pretty much negates the use this any-more,
  • Added: Global Text Formatting: CMS, Forums, Calendar and Nexus will use the same settings for text formatting,
  • Changed: Moved Forum and CMS settings to a new application tab,
  • Added: Enable Calendar Text Formatting toggle,
  • Added: Enable Nexus Text Formatting toggle,
  • Added: Enable forum Text Formatting toggle,
  • Changed: Made the following punctuation marks Question mark, Exclamation mark, Full stop and Comma set as defaults,
  • Fixed: Under certain circumstances Excessive Punctuation marks would not be removed,
  • Fixed: There would be instances when CMS text would not be formatted correctly, this has been corrected,
  • Fixed: In some cases, preg_replace did not handling UTF8 strings correctly due to missing /u modifiers,
  • Fixed: The "Trailing Dots" option did not work. Trailing commas were left of regardless if the option was toggled on or off,
  • Changed: Remove Characters can now remove 'whole' words rather than just characters,
  • Changed: Stop Shouting application language strings were reworked to be clearer and removed spelling mistakes,
  • Removed: Removed obsolete language strings and PHP code,
  • Fixed: CMS Formatting Options was broken when Enabling CMS Text formatting. Text formatting options will only display on Text and Text as expected and not for every form field,
  • Removed: Removed the Roman numerals from the Exception Words settings as these are handled directly via the code now,
  • Other small fixes and changes.

There is an issue with the British £ sign not being dealt with correctly, I am currently working on a fix for this.

• 9 months later...
12 minutes ago, TDBF said:

Already done, just have some other plugins to update and I will release them all at the same time.

Thanks! It would be nice if this didn't have its own top level icon in the ACP. Probably fits better under the Community area. Very much a set and forget type thing, if we're making wishlists 🙂

2 minutes ago, Paul E. said:

Thanks! It would be nice if this didn't have its own top level icon in the ACP. Probably fits better under the Community area. Very much a set and forget type thing, if we're making wishlists 🙂

I will have a look at finding out how to do that 🙂

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I added a bunch of acronyms like PGA and USGA and LPGA and NBC and ESPN and whatnot to the exceptions list, but when I or a member post a topic with those in the title, they're re-made as Pga, Usga, Lpga, and so on.

Could you update the application so that these exceptions apply in that direction, too, and not just in the direction of words that shouldn't be capitalized at all?

@TDBF, would happily pay a small fee for this, as I hate editing topic titles.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

Can this plugin be transformed a bit so it solves a problem I am sure many forum admins have.

People when they copy text from another site, it keeps format, color and size... it would be great to have a plugin that removes color to the minimum so it shows up correctly.

Just an idea.