Prevent URL links to specific Websites

gabs007

HI All,

I've been searching for a widget with no luck, and I think I saw something one day but I forgot to bookmark it. >_<

Anyway, my problem is that while my Community continues to grow in popularity and members, I'm facing a serious problem.
Since we are one of those communities that deal with forbidden content for Google Ads, all SEO must be natural and backlinks count.  Nobody links me, but I have far to many links to other websites.  When  I was a small community I didn't care, but now that I have more and more content, I think it's time to prevent users from adding urls of direct competitors. So far this moderation is being made manual and I'm exhausted.

I think I saw a widget that blocked specific URLS, but I can't find it.  Maybe they removed.

Do you know a way to prevent users from posting specific URLS, for example:    urllink1.com urlink2.com urlink3.com   

Thank you.

Eventually I tried to allow all links apart from the links specified, because we need to use the url for pictures. some people use them.
It works for seo, I guess.

However, this option only removes the html, but it does not remove the words. Users can still copy and paste the link in the browser, I would need an option that removes the url and replaces for something else like  "url not allowed, please read the TOS for external URL links". 

Thanks for the help.

Yes, it worked. Thank you very much.

Though, it would be nice if IPS added a "excluded forum" option to be more accurate when filtering words because some forums might have an adult section. right ?
I know, I know  "I'm picky" :sweat:

Archived