Community

eoebrian

Upgrading from a 3.x to 4.x

Our forum has put off upgrading, but recently have started to think about it again.    I recall reading about numerous issues about bad conversions.

My question is,  have those past issues been resolved; ie is it safe to upgrade yet?  

5 hours ago, eoebrian said:

Our forum has put off upgrading, but recently have started to think about it again.    I recall reading about numerous issues about bad conversions.

My question is,  have those past issues been resolved; ie is it safe to upgrade yet?  

like David said test it on local as then see what issue might have if any alot bugs have been fixed between the upgrade progress but every site is different.

If you had asked me this question last year, I would have said heck no.  But IPS has stabilized significantly on 4.1 in the past couple of months.  

Also, if you're a former client you do not need to re-purchase your license again.  You only need to renew, which is significantly cheaper.  

On 3/11/2017 at 6:40 PM, Joel R said:

If you had asked me this question last year, I would have said heck no.  But IPS has stabilized significantly on 4.1 in the past couple of months.  

Also, if you're a former client you do not need to re-purchase your license again.  You only need to renew, which is significantly cheaper.  

Really?   I was a former customer and just paid $475 for the new upgrade seen no cheaper options.    Possibly I am due some sort of refund?   ;)

Either way so far the upgrade process has been a pain in the rear.

edit.

just noticed this - why am I listed as member and guy above is "ip client"?  

Edited by eoebrian

41 minutes ago, eoebrian said:

Really?   I was a former customer and just paid $475 for the new upgrade seen no cheaper options.    Possibly I am due some sort of refund?   ;)

Either way so far the upgrade process has been a pain in the rear.

edit.

just noticed this - why am I listed as member and guy above is "ip client"?  

If you had cancelled your license then you would need to purchase again. If your license expired then you could just renew it. I might be wrong, but I think that is how it works. 

I originally purchased in 2012 - the license is expired - I was not presented with a new upgrade option.

$100 ips community suite
$75 ipboard
$75 ipnexus
$50 ipcontent
$65 ipgallery
=========
$365

Renewed that in 2016 for $50

Now in 2017 I purchased this

$100 ips community suite
$100 ipboard  (forums)
$100 ipnexus (commerce)
$100 ipcontent (pages)
$75 ipgallery
===========
$475

Are you saying I should have been presented with upgrade pricing as an original client?   My username still shows as member not client and have now spent close to $1000.   To boot the upgrade process is a nightmare!

59 minutes ago, Joel R said:

No, you're not wrong.  He repurchased instead of renewing.  

Also, IPS performs courtesy upgrades to 4.  

So there was a renewal option?

IPS;  we need to talk.

If he cancelled though instead of letting it expire then he wouldn't be able to renew his license. That part I know for sure. What I don't know for sure is if he would have to pay full price to reactivate his license again. If canceled, you have to contact IPS to reactivate it. 

This is where I am unclear. Maybe a IPS staff can answer this question. 

Edited by CP
Clarification

If you have a license you just need to renew - not re-purchase. Yes, we will assist you in the upgrade if you like at no extra charge.

Please submit a ticket for any assistance you require.

Thanks Charles,  I have a ticket in my client area.      I reckon I screwed up by repurchasing everything new instead of simply renewing and cost my self an extra arm and a leg or two in the process.