Emoticon Manager - Import/Export & Easier Category Reording

The Old Man

Hi IPS,

I've been asking for this years since we finally got our Emoticon Manager in IPS4, but...

1. Please could you add options to import and export emoticon categories, so we can easily share between communities, quickly set up emoticons in new communities and share in the Marketplace?
  2. Please can you add - and + open and close view toggles (like you see in various places around IPS4) to the emoticon categories in the AdminCP, so that when we have large numbers of emoticons, we can toggle the categories closed to make dragging and drop re-ordering so much easier, as opposed to endless scrolling up and down the page?

Many thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hi IPS,

Any chance of a response, please? :cry:

I've been trying to reorganise my emoticons and when you have lots of them, its a painful experience with lots of unnecessary scrolling - A collapse/expand button for the categories would really help. Its especially an awful experience when using an ipad to do it, because the page loads all of the emoticons, and then you start see false duplicates etc because the page gets really slow and doesn't load properly.

My wish list!

1. Priority - Option to collapse & expand emoticon categories to make editing and re-ordering much easier, especially on tablets.
  2. Important - Option to export/import categories for easier sharing within the community.
  3. Important - Option to add a category so you can move existing smilies into it, current option won't let you unless you import at the same time.
  4. Would be really useful - Option to enable or disable categories manually and/or scheduled availability (Christmas, July 4th, St Patrick's Day emoticons etc don't need to be enabled 365)

Many thanks!

Archived