/**
 * @var array
 */
public static $serverMapping = [];

/**
* Build Registration Form
* @return    \IPS\Helpers\Form
*/
public static function buildRegistrationForm()
{
    $form = call_user_func_array( 'parent::buildRegistrationForm', func_get_args() );
    $servers = array();
    foreach(\IPS\Db::i()->select('id, name', 'serverconsole_servers') as $_dbServer) {
        self::$serverMapping[$_dbServer['id']] = $_dbServer['name'];
    }
    $form->add(new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Select('serverconsole_registration_defaultserver',NULL,true, array('options' => self::$serverMapping)));
    return $form;
}

/**
 * Create Member
 * @param    array $values Values from form
 * @return    \IPS\Member
 */
public static function _createMember( $values )
{
    $member = call_user_func_array( 'parent::_createMember', func_get_args() );

if($values['serverconsole_registration_defaultserver']) {
        $serverName = self::$serverMapping[$values['serverconsole_registration_defaultserver']];

//TODO: override membergroup, maybe with searching server name within the group?
    }

return $member;
}

You would now only need to define the selection of the member group and set it for the member.
You could do that with an ID-Mapping as the groups have unique id's once created and it is only a personal plugin.

I recommend you having something to change it later in your accountsettings as exmaple.

Maybe it is even more recommend having multiselect and using secondary member groups.

9 minutes ago, GriefCode said:

Create a plugin, and hook this class:

\IPS\core\modules\front\system\register

And then with something like this within your class:

/**
 * @var array
 */
public static $serverMapping = [];

/**
* Build Registration Form
* @return    \IPS\Helpers\Form
*/
public static function buildRegistrationForm()
{
    $form = call_user_func_array( 'parent::buildRegistrationForm', func_get_args() );
    $servers = array();
    foreach(\IPS\Db::i()->select('id, name', 'serverconsole_servers') as $_dbServer) {
        self::$serverMapping[$_dbServer['id']] = $_dbServer['name'];
    }
    $form->add(new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Select('serverconsole_registration_defaultserver',NULL,true, array('options' => self::$serverMapping)));
    return $form;
}

/**
 * Create Member
 * @param    array $values Values from form
 * @return    \IPS\Member
 */
public static function _createMember( $values )
{
    $member = call_user_func_array( 'parent::_createMember', func_get_args() );

if($values['serverconsole_registration_defaultserver']) {
        $serverName = self::$serverMapping[$values['serverconsole_registration_defaultserver']];

//TODO: override membergroup, maybe with searching server name within the group?
    }

return $member;
}

You would now only need to define the selection of the member group and set it for the member.
You could do that with an ID-Mapping as the groups have unique id's once created and it is only a personal plugin.

I recommend you having something to change it later in your accountsettings as exmaple.

Maybe it is even more recommend having multiselect and using secondary member groups.

Lol i have no idea how to get this done :/ i tried using rules application though using custom field and telling it to change class if string A == String B but that doesnt do anything 

Just now, Orlando Delcid said:

Lol i have no idea how to get this done :/ i tried using rules application though using custom field and telling it to change class if string A == String B but that doesnt do anything 

Maybe when I got later some time I will create the plugin shortly as it is on 90% done with my given code :D 

Had some trouble getting through it, but here is the plugin:
https://dev.grief.network/files/file/3-server-console-register/
I will not place it on the marketplace as I do not think it is something everyone want to use and is in some way special.
However, I have a list added to the general application on the marketplace to link these kind of plugins.

Sources are as always public:
https://github.com/Grief-Code/IPS-Server-Console-RegisterHook

Greetings

Server Console - Register.xml

Archived