Why is this happening?

Jose Rojas

Hi, fist of all, i am in Venezuela, a country in a huge crisis and where there is not chance of pay anything online, anything, all transactions online are blocked by the government (you can read further in other sites, i am not lying).

With so much effort, i payed for the full license of IPB and 2 or 3 times extended the support, but now i can't pay anything more.

The problem is, every X months, the forum start to fail suddenly, without any clue of how to resolve the error, even when i am an engineer. That obligues me to pay another extension of the support and the support team magically solve the problem, as already happened 2 times before. Curiosly, the problem just appear (also magically), just when the support is expired.

This is the 3rd time that this happen to me, this is a pattern? why is this happening? Have i reasons to think that is intentional? Now i can't pay a extension of the support BUT i don't have any online documentation to resolve the problem. I need help.

Captura de pantalla 2017-02-15 a las 18.33.25 p. m..png

5 hours ago, Jose Rojas said:

Hi, fist of all, i am in Venezuela, a country in a huge crisis and where there is not chance of pay anything online, anything, all transactions online are blocked by the government (you can read further in other sites, i am not lying).

With so much effort, i payed for the full license of IPB and 2 or 3 times extended the support, but now i can't pay anything more.

The problem is, every X months, the forum start to fail suddenly, without any clue of how to resolve the error, even when i am an engineer. That obligues me to pay another extension of the support and the support team magically solve the problem, as already happened 2 times before. Curiosly, the problem just appear (also magically), just when the support is expired.

This is the 3rd time that this happen to me, this is a pattern? why is this happening? Have i reasons to think that is intentional? Now i can't pay a extension of the support BUT i don't have any online documentation to resolve the problem. I need help.

Captura de pantalla 2017-02-15 a las 18.33.25 p. m..png

Did you recently try to upgrade?

See this post:

You should go to www.mywebsite.com/admin/upgrade/ and try to finish your upgrade.

Your website should be fine without paying for support.  The license and the software still work.   

Hi, thanks for the answer. 

No, i haven´t try to do any upgrade, basically because you can't upgrade if you haven't an valid support account. 

The problem is here

Table 'jrandroi_ipboard1.core_mail_error_logs' doesn't exist
DELETE FROM `core_mail_error_logs` WHERE mlog_date < ?

You can see that a table is missing. The database is running ok, so, why the hell a table was deleted? This is a bug of IPB or a trick to make me pay the support. 

I am sure that if i ask for help to IPB, they will tell me to pay the support. But if this is a bug, they should solve this for everybody, if not, you are an evil company and i will not recommend IPB to nobody.

Is not fair that having paid more than $300 between licenses and support, i have to deal with this kind of problems.

Go into admincp, find mail error logs, turn off pruning - it's trying to automatically delete old errors and for some reason the table isn't there. Stop it from trying to delete them and it'll stop complaining about the lack of a table. 

Even if this was an IPB trick (it isn't) then they'd lose half the money from the renewal on the support staff to fix the problem. That doesn't make sense. 

26 minutes ago, Jose Rojas said:

This is a bug of IPB or a trick to make me pay the support. 

You are really suggesting, the software deletes tables just to trick you into paying something? Come on!

It might be a bug. I don’t know. If it is, it might have been resolved through an update and you have to upgrade to resolve the bug. If it’s a new, unknown bug (which I highly doubt), then again you would need an active license to report it and have it fixed on your site. 

But you can’t expect that you stay on your outdated installation and the software maker fixes the possibly hundreds of bugs (which are parts of various upgrades) manually on your site or walks you through the process. That can’t work. 

1 hour ago, Jose Rojas said:

Hi, thanks for the answer. 

No, i haven´t try to do any upgrade, basically because you can't upgrade if you haven't an valid support account. 

The problem is here

Table 'jrandroi_ipboard1.core_mail_error_logs' doesn't exist
DELETE FROM `core_mail_error_logs` WHERE mlog_date < ?

You can see that a table is missing. The database is running ok, so, why the hell a table was deleted? This is a bug of IPB or a trick to make me pay the support. 

I am sure that if i ask for help to IPB, they will tell me to pay the support. But if this is a bug, they should solve this for everybody, if not, you are an evil company and i will not recommend IPB to nobody.

Is not fair that having paid more than $300 between licenses and support, i have to deal with this kind of problems.

You can not seriously think that it is a trick to make you pay for support. Anyways, have you installed any plugin or app around the time that this issue occurred? You can try to readd the table at the database, if you have not already done so. 

What version of Ipb are you using?

I know that i'm sound conspiranoic, but i didn't do anything, not touch the database, not upgrade (is not possible to upgrade without a valid support license) and didn't touch anything inside the forum. The error just appear suddenly. This is the 3rd time this happen. 

I am using IPB 4.1.10. 

P.S: I am not questioning the rights to charge a fee for the support, i am only telling that in my f*cking country we can't pay anything online, may be the only country in the world with this restriction (besides Cuba and North Corea). I would be happy to pay and forgot this kind of issues, the support team is superb.

2 hours ago, rgf100 said:

Go into admincp, find mail error logs, turn off pruning - it's trying to automatically delete old errors and for some reason the table isn't there. Stop it from trying to delete them and it'll stop complaining about the lack of a table. 

Even if this was an IPB trick (it isn't) then they'd lose half the money from the renewal on the support staff to fix the problem. That doesn't make sense. 

I believe you, doesn't make sense. I did what you said but still i'm getting the error, as is shown in the screenshot. 

I am afraid that i won't be able to fix it until i restore that table

Captura de pantalla 2017-02-16 13.31.58.png

I'm not sure if this helps, but I had a similar problem in the past.

Reasons were:

(1) some oracle SQL upgrades cause to not import several standard tables unless forced to! So if the database might have been updated, this could be the problem. If you had to upgrade PHP to v7 to keep support, SQL usually is recommended to also upgrade.

(2) Some configuration inside IPB links to Apache default directories (you can set these anywhere in ACP). Apache changed their default directories in the past, so if this is the case, the links could direct to the wrong location.

(3) I had a Amazon S3 configuration in europe, that was never working... I contacted IPS support again and again, and they always told me to wait until updates, then update again, update again, update again. After all support failed, IPS deleted the config and everything worked again. Because their update lead to a correct but misfunctional Amazon S3 config to a bigger problem, though I haven't done anything, and the misfunctional S3 config was coexistant for months until it crashed.

Link to my former posts:

Don't know if it helps, but you can check. Good luck!

Archived