Force Users To Read Topics And Announcements

Faqole

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ResPecT My Authoritah said:

this might be the app i was looing for?  Does this remember who read the topic or annocment by database or by cookie?  Coookie is no good because theyc an always refresh there catch and the annoying error might pop up

but if its by database taht would be good.. also is there plans to add more than 1 topic people have to read?

Hello,

It remebers it by the database. You can change the topics that you want to set as must read frequently. Like that your users will be forced to read them. But in the future I might add multiple topics to be set as must read at the same time.

57 minutes ago, Petja said:

Hello,

It remebers it by the database. You can change the topics that you want to set as must read frequently. Like that your users will be forced to read them. But in the future I might add multiple topics to be set as must read at the same time.

The problem arises when you post a topic for that week only then a new member a year later has to read through all the old topics plus the new ones your forcing .  Get what I'm saying?  Say if I have a contest every month then 12 months later you get a member and now they have to read through all the old finished contests plus the new one

3 hours ago, ResPecT My Authoritah said:

Also can you set this up for indivisual people not just group?

Do you mean to exclude individual users or to force individual users?

Anyways, the answer is no for both. But if you purchase the plugin, I can add that option for an extra fee. But please contact me before you decide to purchase it, to make sure that we have an agreement on the extra fee.

18 hours ago, Petja said:

Do you mean to exclude individual users or to force individual users?

Anyways, the answer is no for both. But if you purchase the plugin, I can add that option for an extra fee. But please contact me before you decide to purchase it, to make sure that we have an agreement on the extra fee.

Yea .. i would like to add that feature.. could you  pm me the extra fee price?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have just bought this and tried enable the force reading topic reading

I have linked to the topic in the error message

but everytime i click the link to the topic - i keep getting the error message so am stuck in a loop

What have I done wrong?

ignore the above - i had a digit missing from topic ID

all sorted

Archived