How do I set the default group for new registrations?

Andrew Takats

• Management

When you open up conf_global.php in your root install directory you will see quite a few configuration options. One of them will be titled 'member_group' and will have a number next to it with the default being a '3' which is the Members group on install.

To change this, first find the ID number of the group you want to use. Edit the group in the AdminCP:

Groups 2017-02-13 14-14-07.png

And then look in your browser's address bar where you will see an address ending in something like "&app=core&module=members&controller=groups&do=form&id=##" where the ## at the end is the group number. Replace this in conf_global.php and then all future registrations will be in that group. 

On 2/12/2017 at 1:46 PM, Andrew Takats said:

thanks @opentype I've done very few code-level changes to my site so far so I don't have a sense how difficult this is to change (or even possible to do with a cloud instance). i would be grateful for a pointer to a good place to start. thanks-andy

Since you're a Cloud client, you will need to submit a ticket and have them change it for you.  

What @Charles explained is for self-hosted clients who can access their own files in the server.  

• Management
Just now, Joel R said:

Since you're a Cloud client, you will need to submit a ticket and have them change it for you.  

What @Charles explained is for self-hosted clients who can access their own files in the server.  

Oh yes, sorry I missed that part. Thanks, Joel.

@Andrew Takats for that case just submit a ticket and we will take care of it for you :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived