Downloads is the whole reason I chose IPB

SJ77

On 2/12/2017 at 1:31 PM, superj707 said:

GLAD you asked.

1.  Personal Store Link > https://invisionpower.com/files/114025-adriano-faria
    • ^^^THIS, more than anything!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEE Imagine if that link worked as you think it should, It would be the marketplace with all the normal, whats new, highest rated etc.. only the query to load the files would have a WHERE USERID=114025. IE: Only Adrianos stuff. 
    • Why have that you ask? Well, Adriano can then advertise his "store" on other sites such as facebook, tumblr, and other forums. It empowers users to advertise for YOUR site!.
    • Might not be so good for downloads specific to IPS but what if someone was using marketplace for stock photos. users don't want to advertise for everyone's stuff. They need a URL they can hand out that leads back to just THEIR OWN stuff. Some personal ownership empowers sellers. (don't even bother telling me about the profile page)
    • An easy button for sellers that copies a link and lets them socialize their "store".... Goodness that would be like magic, so much potential to gain traffic by turning sellers into an army of advertisers!!!!!
  2. Clean up app  to work for other types of files beyond hooks and mods.
    • I sell photos. Why do I need to see "Ver 1.0.0" on every photo in the marketplace?
    • Want to hide version options all together for both sides of isle.
  3. Way for marketplace "sellers" to bulk mail customers. (without knowing who the customers are)
    • My sellers would like to thank their customers. If I let them see who the buyers are they will make side deals outside of my site.  Can't allow this but would like a way for sellers to market to buyers and thank buyers without knowing who they are.
  4. Improved metrics and data feedback
    • For sellers it would be nice if they had some stats. Like sales,  and number of transactions (count) this is at a minimum. Right now they have nothing!
    • For Admin, would be nice to have many more ways to see what is going on. Sales, Transaction (count) and Profit would be nice to chart over time. For now there is "income" which is near meaningless. How am I supposed to run a real business with that? Seriously? I am not being sarcastic. How?
  5. Stats per user for admin , aka By user stats for ADMIN - per tax requirements etc.
    • When it's time to do taxes it's going to be hell trying to figure out who needs a 1099
    • need by user amounts paid for a specific time period at a minimum.
  6. Some way to be notified when  a new file, file comment or file review needs approved!!!
    • It's been harder than hell for me to try and figure out what is waiting on approval. I am constantly checking the marketplace, the files, the reviews. This is unmanageable.
  7. Some sort of process allowing users to become sellers.
    • Sometimes we don't want ALL users to be sellers. Shouldn't there be some kind of process that can glue this together. Like an application that can, if approved, change groups for the user so members can then be sellers?

I am just getting started.. there is soooooooo much potential I couldn't possibly list it all. We could get into geographic tools and all kinds of stuff that I have seen in other places on the web. The app does what it's supposed to do, here on IPB main site but just doesn't feel robust enough to run a serious business and monetize ones site in other cases (I know, that's just my opinion man).  I would love to see it get some attention and grow into something powerful.

Thank you :)

since i've moved support back here to IPS, downloads plus is playing a less critical role, so i've decided to begin work on version 2.0.0 of it, which will implement on this list: 1, 2, 3 and 7 when released, i plan to try to "realize" the other features requested here in later versions (as i have a few features i'd like to implement still like tutorials/suggestions and roadmaps), and of course improvement of Questions (as it works, but its basic af). 

18 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

since i've moved support back here to IPS, downloads plus is playing a less critical role, so i've decided to begin work on version 2.0.0 of it, which will implement on this list: 1, 2, 3 and 7 when released, i plan to try to "realize" the other features requested here in later versions (as i have a few features i'd like to implement still like tutorials/suggestions and roadmaps), and of course improvement of Questions (as it works, but its basic af). 

and the world CELEBRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any ETA? or too soon for that?

Also, can step 3 have an admin review option before emails are sent? This is a powerful tool and I can't have all my traffic poached as a result. I will make some no poaching rules and verfiy that emails (or PMS) are clean before they are sent.

I have 1, 2 implement already (believe it or not 2 was a pita), 3 i am working on right now, should be done shortly on it. i might hold off on 7, need a bit more thought on that, like you do pictures, i do apps, some one else might do like "ebooks" or something. i might do something with custom fields for it, so we can setup the form however you want, as the actually adding them to a "group" (secondary or primary) isn't the hard part, it is thinking of the criteria you would want from them before you approve 'em. 

little bit about my implementations:

1. stores

these are "pseudo". if they are enabled, and the person has files for download they will see this:

store.thumb.PNG.7fe16ec290a93b4d6b012b89afbf02b3.PNG

it will either copy the link to their clipboard or take them to their "stores" page, which will only show them their downloads. they will still post to the regular categories. 

2. versioning

this is a category setting, if it is enabled, then versions will not appear when submitting a new download or editing one. and it will not appear in the file either (it will also disable the changelog). 

3. bulk mail

this feature is a category setting, if enabled you can set a "how often" they can send them. this will be in days. it will also use the bulkmail queue and the bulk mail settings. they will have the ability to set the subject and body of the message (will more than likely have it append their "stores" name to the subject, so it is distinct from other site emails that go out). the same rules apply here as it does to bulk mail. people who have unsubscribed will not receive the email. the file owner will never see the clients email address either. 

7. seller approval 

like i mentioned, i might introduce this later, so i can give it more thought on how to do it. the other features were pretty straight forward.

as for release, probably in the next week.

This is exciting. All the proposals look really GREAT!

• For 1. can the store have a custom name instead of just saying downloads.? Like "SuperJ's awesome Store"
  • For 3. Can there be a step for the admin to review and approve before email goes out. This will allow admin to enforce content rules. IE: no poaching for customers to your other site.  etc
  • Will this work on 4.1? or 4.2 only?

Also for step 3 ... it won't allow email to whole community correct? Just previous customers? 

sorry thought i was on my accounts store link (my account on my dev is called "root")

store.thumb.PNG.9fee1fe3a7d9fd66fa6af52ef16af82b.PNG

i might make hook into account settings and place a field for it, so you can change it. right now it is just your username pluralized (in english syntax, it is a lang string) with "Store" attached to it. 

for the bulk mail, i could def add a table where it stores there and then in the acp the admin can over look it and approve it, which will send it to the bulk mail queue. 

didn't see your ninja edit :) this will be for 4.2, i updated the templates downloads plus use in version (1.0.1) to use reactions and display the club data if is inside a club. 

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

That's how I did for Classifieds on IPS 4.2:

Capturar.png

Capturar.png

:)

yeah i was thinking of doing it in the profile or account settings :) 

42 minutes ago, superj707 said:

Also for step 3 ... it won't allow email to whole community correct? Just previous customers? 

it will only mail the clients who have purchased the file. 

On 8/4/2017 at 3:26 PM, CodingJungle said:

bringing the fire now, well i can't let you do all that work for nothing, so i suppose i better get it done in the next week :p 

I am ready on my side. .. Excited, ready and waiting :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 2/12/2017 at 7:16 PM, Lindy said:

Awesome feedback, thanks for sharing - I agree many of those would be great additions to Downloads. Let's see what we can do. 

Check in every now and again on this... I would LOVE some good news about downloads app.

I should have earlier also requested

• More professional layout resembling an eCommerce marketplace.
  • Basket / Cart features so folks can purchase more than 1 thing at a time.

Thank you ?

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, Ramsesx said:

👍👀 Cool, looks like the best things come at last.

Doesn’t sound like he committed to any downloads improvements. I think he’s simply saying he won’t confirm anything about 4.5 at this time. 

• 1 month later...

Archived