Advanced Footer [ Support topic ]

Plugin updated to version 1.0.5 fixing the twitter not showing up anymore

Download and use uplaod a new version :) 

12 hours ago, Koper74 said:

The feed just doesn't show feeds anymore - facebook is still working:

9 hours ago, InsideEdge said:

The Recent Tweets also aren't showing up in my footer.  

42 minutes ago, Ant__ said:

yeah it's getting blocked for the way the call is being implemented 

"MIME type ('application/json') is not executable, and strict MIME type checking is enabled."

On 5/23/2017 at 9:37 PM, TAMAN said:

Plugin updated to version 1.0.5 fixing the twitter not showing up anymore

Download and use uplaod a new version :) 

Updated and the entire footer has now disappeared

edit > nevermind added a new block and it must've cleared some stale cache it to get it to return :)

Edited by Ant__

There are changes in configuration tab, in the new update i have i have edited the footer position setting and i believe on this update you might just need to re-select a position for footer in configuration tab

6c63e93f0f135a079961726b0494d139.png

Let me know if it still doesn't work :) 

Edited by TAMAN

Just downloaded the Advanced Footer.  So far so good.  It looks very good on my site.  I've been wanting one for more than a year but most were too clunky.  This one is smooth. 

I have most of it up already and starting on the configuration.

I have a question: I'm trying to upload the graphics portion and you refer to "ACP > Pages.... in the Read.me... I can't find "Pages" anywhere.  Can you help me out when you get the chance.  Thanks.

Edited by Captain Ginns
56 minutes ago, Captain Ginns said:

Just downloaded the Advanced Footer.  So far so good.  It looks very good on my site.  I've been wanting one for more than a year but most were too clunky.  This one is smooth. 

I have most of it up already and starting on the configuration.

I have a question: I'm trying to upload the graphics portion and you refer to "ACP > Pages.... in the Read.me... I can't find "Pages" anywhere.  Can you help me out when you get the chance.  Thanks.

Hello,

Pages is an application https://invisioncommunity.com/features/apps#pages

If you have it, then you can find the tab in ACP just like System, Customization's, Members

otherwise you need to buy that because it is a separated app by ips :) 

Hi Taman, 

There is an issue with the language strings of Advanced Footer. Apparently, when you try to download the language pack, they are not included in the xml file. I created a ticket with IPS, they said it is an issue on your side. Can you please take a look?

34 minutes ago, jair101 said:

Hi Taman, 

There is an issue with the language strings of Advanced Footer. Apparently, when you try to download the language pack, they are not included in the xml file. I created a ticket with IPS, they said it is an issue on your side. Can you please take a look?

hello,

What issue and What is not included in language pack exactly?

Edited by TAMAN
21 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

hello,

What issue and What is not included in language pack exactly?

Take for example the language string af_bg_color 

It is translated correctly in the ACP, but when you attempt to download the language pack, it is not included in the xml file. 

Hi, really pleased with this plug in and it is mostly very simple to use for someone like me.  However I am having difficulty getting a gallery or articles feed to show.

I am following the instructions here

1. ACP > Pages > Blocks > Create New Block > Plugin > Image feed > Next...
  2. Name the Template Key to Footer_Gallery
  3. Click on Content tab and change the Default template to Footer_Gallery

Which all seems pretty straight forward, however on step 3 I do not see the option to change the default template to Footer_gallery.  I am simply presented with a drop down menu containing only 'default template'...what I am missing here please?

593bfcc9da275_ScreenShot2017-06-10at14_52_38.thumb.png.43a950f7f0677cd1c60e8e9dcf745086.png

12 hours ago, Captain Ginns said:

How do I edit the Quick Links?  I change the current quick Link names and add a Ref but when I save it, nothing on my site.  when I go back, all the edits I made are gone.  what am I doing wrong?  It does seem pretty straight forward.

Thanks.

Hi,

If you are on ips 4.1 please open the plugin eeiting pag in a new tab and then make your changes :) 

Its due to a bug in codemirror fields in ips 4.1 version 

2 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

Hi, really pleased with this plug in and it is mostly very simple to use for someone like me.  However I am having difficulty getting a gallery or articles feed to show.

I am following the instructions here

1. ACP > Pages > Blocks > Create New Block > Plugin > Image feed > Next...
  2. Name the Template Key to Footer_Gallery
  3. Click on Content tab and change the Default template to Footer_Gallery

Which all seems pretty straight forward, however on step 3 I do not see the option to change the default template to Footer_gallery.  I am simply presented with a drop down menu containing only 'default template'...what I am missing here please?

593bfcc9da275_ScreenShot2017-06-10at14_52_38.thumb.png.43a950f7f0677cd1c60e8e9dcf745086.png

Hi,

You need to upload the templates :) 

in the advanced footer folder there is a folder contains pages templates to import

you go to ACP --> Pages --> Templates --> Upload templates  

23 hours ago, TAMAN said:
On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:20 PM, Captain Ginns said:

How do I edit the Quick Links?  I change the current quick Link names and add a Ref but when I save it, nothing on my site.  when I go back, all the edits I made are gone.  what am I doing wrong?  It does seem pretty straight forward.

Thanks.

Hi,

If you are on ips 4.1 please open the plugin eeiting pag in a new tab and then make your changes :) 

Its due to a bug in codemirror fields in ips 4.1 version 

Hi Taman,

I tried opening the Plugin in a new tab and a new window: but when I went in to change any of the names or even add the links to any of the Quick Links, nothing saved.  It shows that it's saving, but then I go back in and it's all back to default.

I just finished downloading and installing ver 1.06 and the same thing.

Thanks..    

1 hour ago, Captain Ginns said:

Hi Taman,

I tried opening the Plugin in a new tab and a new window: but when I went in to change any of the names or even add the links to any of the Quick Links, nothing saved.  It shows that it's saving, but then I go back in and it's all back to default.

Thanks..    

Hi,

I just tested on both ips 4.1 and 4.2 it all seems to be fine

But as i mentioned before in ips 4.2 you need to open the plugin editing page in a new tap due to a bug in some of the fields, it is already been fixed in 4.2 

Just right click on "Edit" button and open it in a new tab :) 

5a827de4448ca08ab20738bd940cef6e.png

This plugin wasn't working on my localhost server, the settings wouldn't save for Quicklinks. All that seemed to work was styling. I ended up removing the plugin and just using the template files to create my own styled footer. Same issue as the other person above. Nothing saves when editing the quick links settings.

Edited by Dan Richardson
31 minutes ago, Dan Richardson said:

This plugin wasn't working on my localhost server, the settings wouldn't save for Quicklinks. All that seemed to work was styling. I ended up removing the plugin and just using the template files to create my own styled footer. Same issue as the other person above. Nothing saves when editing the quick links settings.

@Dan Richardson 

PLEASE open the plugin editing page in a new tab on your browser

I KNOW if you just click on edit, the plugin does NOT save anything from codemirror fields like quick links or custom html block

So Once again Just open the plugin editing page in a new tab on your browser 

This is a bug in IPS Codemirror fields NOT my plugin :hairy:

This bug has already been fixed in Ips 4.2 version 

16 hours ago, TAMAN said:

PLEASE open the plugin editing page in a new tab on your browser

I KNOW if you just click on edit, the plugin does NOT save anything from codemirror fields like quick links or custom html block

So Once again Just open the plugin editing page in a new tab on your browser 

This is a bug in IPS Codemirror fields NOT my plugin :hairy:

This bug has already been fixed in Ips 4.2 version 

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 0:44 PM, TAMAN said:
  On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:23 AM, Captain Ginns said:

Hi Taman,

Thanks..    

Taman,

As you can see, I did all that.  I even wrote it down that I did open in a new tab and a new window.  However, you keep telling me to do this....I did.  Tell me something different.  How can I fix this?  I really like it and I don't want to just use the code like Dan did because I'm not that cody.  I want to be able to use yours because I really like the design.  But please don't tell me to do something I already told you I did. So what else can I do?

1 minute ago, Captain Ginns said:

Taman,

As you can see, I did all that.  I even wrote it down that I did open in a new tab and a new window.  However, you keep telling me to do this....I did.  Tell me something different.  How can I fix this?  I really like it and I don't want to just use the code like Dan did because I'm not that cody.  I want to be able to use yours because I really like the design.  But please don't tell me to do something I already told you I did. So what else can I do?

Thats the only fix, as i mentioned this is a bug with IPS Codemirrors fields not this plugin and only on ips 4.1 version

there are no issues like this on ips 4.2 beta

You can send me a message with login info to access Plugins only and i will check.

37 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Thats the only fix, as i mentioned this is a bug with IPS Codemirrors fields not this plugin and only on ips 4.1 version

there are no issues like this on ips 4.2 beta

You can send me a message with login info to access Plugins only and i will check.

Roger that.  I'll download and I install IPS 4.2 and see what happens.  Thanks for the patience.  I'm not very techy...however, I am learning.  Thanks.