Advanced Footer [ Support topic ]

6 hours ago, Joey_M said:

I can't change the colour of the text within dark areas, a temporary solution would be perfect.

A simple css can do the job but i only have access to my phone now

6 hours ago, Joey_M said:

Expanding arrows show for no reason when I view on my mobile but oddly its perfect 99% of the time, it's just that rare location where it's not.

i dont think i have arrow icons on any of default blocks, do you have any custom blocks? could be related to that

Edited by TAMAN
30 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

Any chance you could tell me and I can apply it via the custom.css?

All footer blocks get an automatic unique ID which you can easily target by CSS. so I can't help like this unless if I check it with browser But still I only have access to my phone here and I can't help on any kind of customizations.

34 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

I'll take a screenshot of the other issue, it's due to the truncate feature. 

Please do. thanks

also, I'm sorry for everything I know it's been long time I'm away. soon i will be back hopfully. if not, I will have to give away all my marketplace resource for someone else to take over

Life is sad.

3 hours ago, Pete T said:

@TAMAN if happy i try help why your away don't want step on your toes so to speak.

Thank you so very much Pete.

I appreciate your help. I will let you know if I needed 🙂

Regards

4 hours ago, Vfrloos said:

When you have multiple Themes (from ibtheme.com) is it possible the match the background color?

When I check Match colors? it only takes the default theme color, not the rest.

Match color setting should take colors from whatever the theme is on view and not only the default one. you could be using custom color settings on blocks or rows thats why its always same color on other themes

Edited by TAMAN
typo
23 hours ago, TAMAN said:

also, I'm sorry for everything I know it's been long time I'm away. soon i will be back hopfully. if not, I will have to give away all my marketplace resource for someone else to take over

Life is sad.

You have nothing to be sorry for, I would hate to see you leave or feel someone else has to takeover your work.

I'm just trying to sort it so I can use it properly that's all. 🙂 

I just wanted to add my thanks again to @TAMAN for creating this awesome footer application!

It looks awesome and I'm proud to be using it.

If anyone has a dark part in their footer, you can use a CSS tweak like this to make the title text lighter.

.af_columnID_2 .af_Content > h3 {
    color: #fff;
}

On mine I have a dark bit as the secondary part of my footer, so the column ID can be targeted to make it appear white instead of black on black.

Many thanks to @newbie LAC for kindly helping me.

Keep up the great work TAMAN and please don't stress about this, majority of people will understand your busy - it can't be helped. I wish you well though.

3 hours ago, Joey_M said:

I just wanted to add my thanks again to @TAMAN for creating this awesome footer application!

It looks awesome and I'm proud to be using it.

If anyone has a dark part in their footer, you can use a CSS tweak like this to make the title text lighter.

.af_columnID_2 .af_Content > h3 {
    color: #fff;
}

On mine I have a dark bit as the secondary part of my footer, so the column ID can be targeted to make it appear white instead of black on black.

Many thanks to @newbie LAC for kindly helping me.

Keep up the great work TAMAN and please don't stress about this, majority of people will understand your busy - it can't be helped. I wish you well though.

I appreciate your understandin, and thank you for your kind words!

Edited by TAMAN
On 10/14/2018 at 7:24 PM, Joey_M said:

@TAMAN I think you might still be away but if you add a 'members' block to the footer, then configure it and go back to amend it - the information isn't retained and you have to add what you did before again.

I cant reproduce this on my side i tried multiple times and everything is ok.

Can you please write a detailed steps to reproduce the issue? 🙂 

33 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

I cant reproduce this on my side i tried multiple times and everything is ok.

Can you please write a detailed steps to reproduce the issue? 🙂 

I know what it is buddy, different screen resolutions. It creates more lines so it cuts off even when there's no need.

I don't think it's a bug.

35 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

I know what it is buddy, different screen resolutions. It creates more lines so it cuts off even when there's no need.

I don't think it's a bug.

mmm so is everything ok? 🙂

Im about to update the app in a half hour or so

Blocks can now have a fully customziable colors 

6fe4bce2192594dca9b440c4719e6df6.png

Edited by TAMAN
  • 5 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, SDT said:

In one of the block row while opening I receive server error

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xic4qwbj18yhep5/Screenshot 2018-12-18 06.52.00.png?dl=0

What block?

if it happens with one of the default advanced footer blocks then please explain in details what kind of block so i can check if i could reproduce it.

otherwise if you have custom blocks then disable or remove them to check  🙂

When I click on the down arrow to show the custom block I get the OutOfRangException. I have tried reinstalling to no avail.

Thanks for any help!

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home/mydomain/public_html/applications/advancedfooter/sources/Footer/Block.php(247): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load('90')
#1 /home/mydomain/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(307): IPS\advancedfooter\Footer\_Block->get__description()
#2 /home/mydomain/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(216): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->__get('_description')
#3 /home/mydomain/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(275): IPS\Node\_Controller->_getRow('s.4')
#4 [internal function]: IPS\Node\_Controller->_getChildren('s.4')
#5 /home/mydomain/public_html/system/Helpers/Tree/Tree.php(131): call_user_func(Array, '1')
#6 /home/mydomain/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(92): IPS\Helpers\Tree\_Tree->__toString()
#7 /home/mydomain/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\Node\_Controller->manage()
#8 /home/mydomain/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/mydomain/public_html/applications/advancedfooter/modules/admin/advancedfooter/blocks.php(31): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/mydomain/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\advancedfooter\modules\admin\advancedfooter\_blocks->execute()
#11 /home/mydomain/public_html/liezvv664M31/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

On 12/20/2018 at 2:54 AM, Loren said:

When I click on the down arrow to show the custom block I get the OutOfRangException. I have tried reinstalling to no avail.

Thanks for any help!

I cant reproduce this, what ips version are you using? also what version of advanced footer app?

2 hours ago, JTHastings said:

Merry Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas! 🙂 

On 12/19/2018 at 5:54 PM, Loren said:

Thanks for any help!

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home/mydomain/public_html/applications/advancedfooter/sources/Footer/Block.php(247): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load('90')
#1 /home/mydomain/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(307): IPS\advancedfooter\Footer\_Block->get__description()
#2 /home/mydomain/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(216): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->__get('_description')
#3 /home/mydomain/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(275): IPS\Node\_Controller->_getRow('s.4')
#4 [internal function]: IPS\Node\_Controller->_getChildren('s.4')
#5 /home/mydomain/public_html/system/Helpers/Tree/Tree.php(131): call_user_func(Array, '1')
#6 /home/mydomain/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(92): IPS\Helpers\Tree\_Tree->__toString()
#7 /home/mydomain/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\Node\_Controller->manage()
#8 /home/mydomain/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/mydomain/public_html/applications/advancedfooter/modules/admin/advancedfooter/blocks.php(31): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/mydomain/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\advancedfooter\modules\admin\advancedfooter\_blocks->execute()
#11 /home/mydomain/public_html/liezvv664M31/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

So... the solution was a bit of phpmyadmin poking around.

I had recently combined and/or deleted some forums. Some of those forum IDs were still in my blocks. Apparently those caused the error.
Once I edited the table and removed the deleted forum IDs it worked as designed again.
I do not know if you want test for this in the future versions or if I am the only one to do something like this.
Thanks.

@TAMAN My merry Christmas weekend suggestion:

Either update/delete such data when a forum is deleted, or wrap your code always into a try-catch block:) 
To make it easier for the admin to see what's going on, you could e.g. use IPS\Log::log() to log an error inside the catch block, or with 4.4 you could also use our new admin notification system ( 

) to send a notification to the admin to notify him about the deleted node which is used in the footer..

21 hours ago, Loren said:

So... the solution was a bit of phpmyadmin poking around.

I had recently combined and/or deleted some forums. Some of those forum IDs were still in my blocks. Apparently those caused the error.
Once I edited the table and removed the deleted forum IDs it worked as designed again.
I do not know if you want test for this in the future versions or if I am the only one to do something like this.
Thanks.

Yep, I never thought about that to be honest, and i will definitely update the app to prevent this error. 🙂 

Thank you for pointing it out. 

---

21 hours ago, Daniel F said:

@TAMAN My merry Christmas weekend suggestion:

Either update/delete such data when a forum is deleted, or wrap your code always into a try-catch block:) 
To make it easier for the admin to see what's going on, you could e.g. use IPS\Log::log() to log an error inside the catch block, or with 4.4 you could also use our new admin notification system ( 

) to send a notification to the admin to notify him about the deleted node which is used in the footer..

Totally noted, Thank you!

Merry Christmas! 🙂 

Edited by TAMAN