Advanced Footer [ Support topic ]

Hi,

Have a featured request unless this can be achieved with CSS?

The advanced footer app has a who can see setting for the whole footer

It would be great if we could have a who can see setting for each block row

Then we could hide our block row which contains adsense adverts for our VIP members group, while still being able to show the adverts to guests and basic members, whilst still being able to show the other block row that has site information in to all groups.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey.  Not sure if this has been reported, but when creating a Quick Link block, none of the actual links are saved.  The entries for the links are saved but when you go to edit none of actual physical URLs remain.

1820044503_Screenshotfrom2018-07-2909-16-10.thumb.png.224160d27b033863c0831aa55ee18d68.png

----------------------------

Everytime I try to re-arrange the blocks I get this error:  "This item cannot be moved here"

---------------------------

Also, I'd like to suggest that you have a Block title and a Display Title.  I'm not using the block title in the block, so every one of my blocks are No title which is a complete pain to keep track of the blocks.

2025772777_Screenshotfrom2018-07-2909-20-15.thumb.png.9627e8b3d79ac1cbbc2c406877bd0db3.png

Edited by Bluto
1 hour ago, Bluto said:

Hey.  Not sure if this has been reported, but when creating a Quick Link block, none of the actual links are saved.  The entries for the links are saved but when you go to edit none of actual physical URLs remain.

mmm, it happened after ips 4.3.5 version i guess

I will fix it later.

thanks for letting me know ? 

1 hour ago, Bluto said:

Everytime I try to re-arrange the blocks I get this error:  "This item cannot be moved here"

Its normal, You cant re-arrange blocks if the row is full ( 4 blocks )

Move one of the blocks out and then move it back to rearrange them ? 

1 hour ago, Bluto said:

Also, I'd like to suggest that you have a Block title and a Display Title.  I'm not using the block title in the block, so every one of my blocks are No title which is a complete pain to keep track of the blocks.

I will try to improve it.

not with next update tho 

13 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

mmm, it happened after ips 4.3.5 version i guess

I will fix it later.

thanks for letting me know ? 

Its normal, You cant re-arrange blocks if the row is full ( 4 blocks )

Move one of the blocks out and then move it back to rearrange them ? 

I will try to improve it.

not with next update tho 

Thanks!  Nice app!  Lots of options.  :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, JTrollerb123 said:

Do upgrades follow the exact same steps?  If so, does this result in the deletion of already entered links/values in the currently live footer?

Thanks

Are you updating from the old advanced footer which was a plugin? if so, then yes you must do a fresh install because advanced footer is no longer a plugin since a few versions back. it is an application now.

if you already have the application version then you can download the latest version and update the app just like any other apps

Just now, JTrollerb123 said:

Hi, I need to upgrade but the instructions only appear to be for fresh installs.

What instructions? where do you read that? 

if you mean the documentation file when you download the app, this is only some simple newbie instruction on how to install and manage the app

to update the app you need to download the latest version from marketplace then go to ACP > Applications. click the little arrow next to advanced footer app then "Upload a new version" 

Edited by TAMAN
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Unlucky said:

I just updated one of my links in the footer using the quicklinks section and after saving all my links have disappeared - not the text in the box next to them, just the urls

I can't reproduce that

Can you check if it happens again?

If yes then create a new quick links block and check on the new one

To me it's all ok

Edited by TAMAN

This is awesome and I most certainly will write a detailed review of the application.

@TAMAN: How would I add a block above another? I'd also like to make the footer slightly transparent. May I PM you to show what I mean?

Would I be able to change the block title colour within the dark footer without changing it in the light half?

Can I add font awesome icons to the links I add?

Edited by Joey_M
2 hours ago, Joey_M said:

This is awesome and I most certainly will write a detailed review of the application.

@TAMAN: How would I add a block above another? I'd also like to make the footer slightly transparent. May I PM you to show what I mean?

Would I be able to change the block title colour within the dark footer without changing it in the light half?

Can I add font awesome icons to the links I add?

Yes it's possible to make it transparent but with custom CSS, I could help but I'm on phone and probably for one more week ;(

You could however post in a new topic so someone can help if you can't wait.

--

You can change the title color but its global.

And I agree, it's a good idea for the title to have to have optional color setting for title just like it has for the background

And i will try to add that option for next update 😉

As for the font awesome icons

If you mean to add it in the quick links then I'm not quite sure. Never tested.

but you could ignore the quick links block and create a custom html block however you want for links, if you look in the reviews, someone has posted a nice screenshot of custom html block for links and with font awesome icons. So try to message him to get the codes. It's simple structure I believe I helped him on that but I cant find the conversation. 🙂

• 5 weeks later...

I know November will be a busy time but would there be any chance you could help me resolve my queries please @TAMAN.

There still appears to be issues with storing the settings.

I can't change the colour of the text within dark areas, a temporary solution would be perfect.

Expanding arrows show for no reason when I view on my mobile but oddly its perfect 99% of the time, it's just that rare location where it's not.