Discord Integration

Ahmad E.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suggestions:

We currently use the auto-welcome plugin to streamline our new user registration/application to join our gaming community (1 step instead of 2 this way), however the first post created on behalf of the user (the posting of the application after their registration is validated), isn't recognized by Discord Integration. Similar issue with Forms plugin, we have drop down menu's to various applications for moderator and such, but once a 'form' is filled out and a new topic posted to the boards on behalf of the user, the Discord notifications do not trigger on this event either. If these could have added support, that would be fantastic! 

Side note: Trying to figure out an automated round-about way of triggering a notification in both events is proving to be quite difficult, if anyone has suggestions.

On 4/18/2017 at 3:34 PM, Ahmad E. said:

What do you mean by "allowing an admin to sync"? So that you can sync some member with some discord user manually? If so, that is not possible due to how the sync works (using OAUTH2).

In terms of sync, I mean the ability to force the forums to send a pulse to update the roles for that user on discord; but after testing I've found that it's pretty much immediate it all cases anyway, so you can safely ignore that suggestion. :p

16 hours ago, Michael Borden said:

Suggestions:

We currently use the auto-welcome plugin to streamline our new user registration/application to join our gaming community (1 step instead of 2 this way), however the first post created on behalf of the user (the posting of the application after their registration is validated), isn't recognized by Discord Integration. Similar issue with Forms plugin, we have drop down menu's to various applications for moderator and such, but once a 'form' is filled out and a new topic posted to the boards on behalf of the user, the Discord notifications do not trigger on this event either. If these could have added support, that would be fantastic! 

Side note: Trying to figure out an automated round-about way of triggering a notification in both events is proving to be quite difficult, if anyone has suggestions.

I'll see what I can do :)

15 hours ago, Aaron Challis said:

In terms of sync, I mean the ability to force the forums to send a pulse to update the roles for that user on discord; but after testing I've found that it's pretty much immediate it all cases anyway, so you can safely ignore that suggestion. :p

Yup, it should be immediate in almost all cases :) 

Getting this error when attempting to view account settings

IPS\discord\Api\Exception\ForbiddenException:  (0)
#0 /var/www/html/applications/discord/sources/Api/AbstractResponse.php(64): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->throwException('403')
#1 /var/www/html/applications/discord/sources/Api/GuildMember.php(57): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->handleApi()
#2 /var/www/html/applications/core/sources/ProfileSync/Discord.php(63): IPS\discord\Api\_GuildMember->update(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /var/www/html/applications/core/sources/ProfileSync/Discord.php(128): IPS\core\ProfileSync\_Discord->user()
#4 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(780) : eval()'d code(6949): IPS\core\ProfileSync\_Discord->name()
#5 /var/www/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_system->settingsOverview(Array)
#6 /var/www/html/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(148): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('settingsOvervie...', Array)
#7 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->_overview()
#8 /var/www/html/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(55): call_user_func(Array)
#9 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(97): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->manage()
#10 /var/www/html/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(35): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#11 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#12 /var/www/html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

4 hours ago, pilotguy said:

Getting this error when attempting to view account settings

IPS\discord\Api\Exception\ForbiddenException:  (0)
#0 /var/www/html/applications/discord/sources/Api/AbstractResponse.php(64): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->throwException('403')
#1 /var/www/html/applications/discord/sources/Api/GuildMember.php(57): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->handleApi()
#2 /var/www/html/applications/core/sources/ProfileSync/Discord.php(63): IPS\discord\Api\_GuildMember->update(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /var/www/html/applications/core/sources/ProfileSync/Discord.php(128): IPS\core\ProfileSync\_Discord->user()
#4 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(780) : eval()'d code(6949): IPS\core\ProfileSync\_Discord->name()
#5 /var/www/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_system->settingsOverview(Array)
#6 /var/www/html/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(148): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('settingsOvervie...', Array)
#7 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->_overview()
#8 /var/www/html/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(55): call_user_func(Array)
#9 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(97): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->manage()
#10 /var/www/html/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(35): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#11 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#12 /var/www/html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

The bot cannot edit the discord owner, in which case it throws a forbidden exception. I will add better handling for this case in the next version (will be released in the next few days most likely). For the time-being, you can unlink your account so you can access your account settings, if you need help PM me :)

On 23/04/2017 at 9:01 PM, Jyosua said:

I've noticed more instances of the old IPS4 Double-Post bug since I installed this plugin. Not entirely sure why, though.

Not sure that this is something caused by my app, could be a coincident... Cannot really tell without more information, I'm afraid

On 3/28/2017 at 0:03 PM, Ahmad E. said:

You'd be right if you uninstall what you currently have, remove the files from the server then use the provided tar file that is in the marketplace and then still get the same error.

On 3/28/2017 at 11:46 AM, Ahmad E. said:

It's not, the package in the marketplace include documentation how to configure things...

This sounds like you purposely broke\made errors in the open source version to force people to buy the marketplace one. Not saying that is what you did but it dangerously sounds like it.

14 hours ago, Magesw said:

This sounds like you purposely broke\made errors in the open source version to force people to buy the marketplace one. Not saying that is what you did but it dangerously sounds like it.

I use the open source one, never had a problem. 

15 hours ago, Magesw said:

I'm not forcing anyone to do anything, if I wanted to "force" anyone to buy it, I wouldn't have put it up on GitHub in the first place...

The open-source version is for those who have the time to debug stuff themselves so I don't have to do it. I have already enough to do as it is with my job&life.
Fact is, I don't even need the money, the only reason that there is a price tag is to limit support requests as I don't have much time.

19 hours ago, Vanucci said:

I use the open source one, never had a problem. 

Hey thanks for not quoting the entire post so people see the context...

18 hours ago, Ahmad E. said:

I'm not forcing anyone to do anything, if I wanted to "force" anyone to buy it, I wouldn't have put it up on GitHub in the first place...

The open-source version is for those who have the time to debug stuff themselves so I don't have to do it. I have already enough to do as it is with my job&life.
Fact is, I don't even need the money, the only reason that there is a price tag is to limit support requests as I don't have much time.

I understand that 100% and agree with it, just the way your replies were worded did not come off that way.

On 2017-4-29 at 8:07 AM, Magesw said:

Hey thanks for not quoting the entire post so people see the context...

I understand that 100% and agree with it, just the way your replies were worded did not come off that way.

People can read. Don't be hostile.

I used the open source version, then later decided to pay for it (as a thank you, an active chat is integral to my community).  They're identical except for the open source version doesn't have the documentation.

The only thing the author is saying is, if you're using the open source version you'll need to figure out the issues yourself.  There are some strange edge cases where things aren't perfect between the Discord "owner" and such but the author is apparently aware of them.

On 2017-5-1 at 4:21 PM, Willie88 said:

Hey first thanks for the addon.

My first problem is that the bot dont give away roles from my users. The bot just sit offline in the channel.

https://gyazo.com/6d4ec648a55c69d0dfb9512c77a410c6

if i start a new thread i get that error

Would need to have a look at your install to troubleshoot this one.

On 2017-5-1 at 4:53 PM, Sorus said:

The only thing the author is saying is, if you're using the open source version you'll need to figure out the issues yourself.  There are some strange edge cases where things aren't perfect between the Discord "owner" and such but the author is apparently aware of them.

Yeah...unfortunately I can't get much time to work on this.

When I tried to open my "account settings" page today, I was either getting a 500 error or a blank page and some of my users reported the same. I disabled the plugin to see if it might be the problem, and the page loaded again. Then I enabled the plugin again, but it did not appear again in the account settings or login popup. I tried reinstalling it, but it still doesn't appear. I do see it in all the places it should be in the admincp, but no sign of it on the public side of the forum.

What do I need to do now?

21 hours ago, Ahmad E. said:

Would need to have a look at your install to troubleshoot this one.

Yeah...unfortunately I can't get much time to work on this.

If you would like to work on integrating the blog system you can use my website, its fairly new and not used much atm anyhow. 

Also it appears with the latest version of IPB that you can't delete members without getting an error.  But it appears that it might be related to a connection time out from Discord. So could just be a coincidence of upgrading. 

IPS\Http\Request\CurlException: Failed to connect to discordapp.com port 443: Connection timed out (7)
#0 /home/*********/public_html/system/Http/Request/Curl.php(403): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->_execute()
#1 /home/*********/public_html/system/Http/Request/Curl.php(340): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->_executeAndFollowRedirects('DELETE', Array)
#2 /home/*********/public_html/applications/discord/sources/Api/Api.php(252): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->__call('delete', Array)
#3 /home/*********/public_html/applications/discord/sources/Api/AbstractResponse.php(55): IPS\discord\_Api->send()
#4 /home/*********/public_html/applications/discord/sources/Api/GuildMember.php(96): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->handleApi()
#5 /home/*********/public_html/applications/discord/extensions/core/MemberSync/membersync.php(85): IPS\discord\Api\_GuildMember->remove(Object(IPS\Member))
#6 [internal function]: IPS\discord\extensions\core\MemberSync\_membersync->onDelete(Object(IPS\Member))
#7 /home/*********/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(3146): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#8 /home/*********/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(285): IPS\_Member->memberSync('onDelete')
#9 /home/*********/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/members/members.php(1852): IPS\_Member->delete(true, false)
#10 /home/*********/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(86): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->delete()
#11 /home/*********/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 /home/*********/public_html/*********/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

But when I disable the integration I'm able to delete members.  So is there something that could be done to prevent this issue from occurring if there's an issue with discordapp.com? 

It would be awesome if this application could use the primary rank only (or have an option for it to only use primary rank)

Because I use plenty of secundary groups on my forum, and the Discord application adds them all but it doesn't keep an order, so most of the users get their secundary group at the top giving them the wrong rank. I would really love them to get their primary rank only.

On 11-5-2017 at 11:15 PM, Alacrity Gaming said:

One of the latest updates must have broken something, as there is no longer Discord options in the 'Forums' tabs. Previously set settings are still working as configured, but there is no way to access those settings. 

Capture.PNG

They're under 'posting settings' now.

Archived