Discord Integration

Ahmad E.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, amator said:

it is better to disable the login/register discord. Some might not want members registered through discord

If they register through discord or through IPS and then link the dicord account...the end result is the same.

I honestly don't see a reason for making this an option.

15 hours ago, amator said:

For sites that want to verify members, discord login/register might not be a good option

There are currently no plans to change how the linking works (through a login handler), I'm afraid.

You could hide the login/register button using custom CSS but if someone has the link, they will still be able to register through discord.

16 hours ago, Ahmad E. said:

There are currently no plans to change how the linking works (through a login handler), I'm afraid.

You could hide the login/register button using custom CSS but if someone has the link, they will still be able to register through discord.

Hello,

what i about for customer who only want to use the bot feature and not the login handler at all.

Our community is only interested on the bot feature integration . is this possible to achieve without the login handler?

Thanks.

13 hours ago, larva said:

Hello,

what i about for customer who only want to use the bot feature and not the login handler at all.

Our community is only interested on the bot feature integration . is this possible to achieve without the login handler?

Thanks.

Hey,

as mentioned before already, no this is not possible I'm afraid.
The login handler is used to link the IPS/Discord user, and there are no plans to change that.

13 hours ago, Zenithlt said:

Where do i find all the settings? cant find it :(

ACP->Community->Discord Settings
ACP->Community->Forums->[Edit a forum]->[TAB] Posting Settings
ACP->Community->Calendar->[Edit a calendar]
ACP->Community->Downloads->Categories->[Edit a category]->[TAB] Discord

13 hours ago, Zenithlt said:

plus my bot does not come online in a discord server..?

It is only online if you click the handshake button for a few seconds as stated in the docs. It will continue to work while it is offline though.

@Ahmad E. thanks for the update!  It fixed my issue entirely.  Question:

In your next update could you have a setting that allows the admin to turn on notifications for a forum CATEGORY as an option?  That way any forum, under a certain category would have the bot post the info on discord.  Just curious as it would save a lot of repetition.  Aside from that though thanks so much again for finally doing this.  Been so long coming and with discord being so handy, web based forums that also use it, need a way of integrating or sites just start to become secondary to discord. 

IPS\discord\Api\Exception\ForbiddenException:  (0)
#0 /usr/www/colosseumgaming/dev/applications/discord/sources/Api/AbstractResponse.php(64): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->throwException('403')
#1 /usr/www/colosseumgaming/dev/applications/discord/sources/Api/GuildMember.php(57): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->handleApi()
#2 /usr/www/colosseumgaming/dev/applications/core/sources/ProfileSync/Discord.php(63): IPS\discord\Api\_GuildMember->update(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /usr/www/colosseumgaming/dev/applications/core/sources/ProfileSync/Discord.php(128): IPS\core\ProfileSync\_Discord->user()
#4 /usr/www/colosseumgaming/dev/system/Theme/Theme.php(757) : eval()'d code(6908): IPS\core\ProfileSync\_Discord->name()
#5 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\class_core_front_system->settingsOverview(Array)
#6 /usr/www/colosseumgaming/dev/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#7 /usr/www/colosseumgaming/dev/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(148): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('settingsOvervie...', Array)
#8 /usr/www/colosseumgaming/dev/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(148): IPS\Theme\SandboxedTemplate->settingsOverview(Array)
#9 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->_overview()
#10 /usr/www/colosseumgaming/dev/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(55): call_user_func(Array)
#11 /usr/www/colosseumgaming/dev/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->manage()
#12 /usr/www/colosseumgaming/dev/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(35): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#13 /usr/www/colosseumgaming/dev/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#14 /usr/www/colosseumgaming/dev/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#15 {main}

This happens whenever I assign discord role to the IPS ranks and then sync the ips profile with discord and try to re-access account settings on ips

13 hours ago, The Asian said:

This happens whenever I assign discord role to the IPS ranks and then sync the ips profile with discord and try to re-access account settings on ips

Hey,

did you do everything that the documentation states?

Specifically this:

Make sure that you have given the bot admin permission and also moved the bot-role up to the top of the roles list in your discord server settings.

13 minutes ago, GriefCode said:

Hey @Ahmad E.,

I've just submitted a widget to the market that does display the server activity / online members on discord over the widget API:
1.PNG.4ad15f69a2fd0159c1172942f3f788b7.PNG2.PNG.b03a132c6a5ad5c7ec53828fc8205411.PNG

If you want, I can create a pull request to your repo in order to have it availble directly over your app.

Greetings

Hey,

if you are comfortable with me (kind of) selling your code then I'd appreciate that :)

8 hours ago, Ahmad E. said:

Hey,

did you do everything that the documentation states?

Specifically this:

Hey,

if you are comfortable with me (kind of) selling your code then I'd appreciate that :)

I feel special. But yes that fixed it thank you

On 3/6/2017 at 0:22 PM, Ahmad E. said:

They have to link their accounts at least once. They can do that in the profile settings.

If they sign in using discord then the accounts are already linled.

I see the option to sign in with discord but not a place to link accounts in profile settings; can you clarify where I should see this? Also, if a member uses a different email for their forum and discord account, is it still possible to link those accounts?

38 minutes ago, Hezeber said:

I see the option to sign in with discord but not a place to link accounts in profile settings; can you clarify where I should see this? Also, if a member uses a different email for their forum and discord account, is it still possible to link those accounts?

yea they can do that. on their existing forum account have them visit. yoursite.com/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=settings&area=profilesync&service=Discord

19 hours ago, TheSkyLounge.tv said:

@Ahmad E. still getting error trying to upload from v1:

1C133/9 The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it.

Can you PM me FTP/ACP access?

SyncGroup task locks often (ACP dashboard reported), 

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\discord\Api\GuildMember::updateRoles() (0)
#0 <IPSPATH>\system\Task\Task.php(249): IPS\discord\tasks\_syncGroups->execute()
#1 <IPSPATH>\applications\core\modules\admin\settings\advanced.php(562): IPS\_Task->run()
#2 <IPSPATH>\system\Dispatcher\Controller.php(86): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->runTask()
#3 <IPSPATH>\applications\core\modules\admin\settings\advanced.php(35): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 <IPSPATH>\system\Dispatcher\Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->execute()
#5 <IPSPATH>\controlroom\index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

Running 1.1.0 Beta 2, and installation instructions followed to a 'T'. Bot group is on the highest hierarchy level on discord. Handshaking wakes the bot up and appears in server online. So api credentials are working and communicating.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2017 at 1:30 PM, MADMAN32395 said:

SyncGroup task locks often (ACP dashboard reported), 

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\discord\Api\GuildMember::updateRoles() (0)
#0 <IPSPATH>\system\Task\Task.php(249): IPS\discord\tasks\_syncGroups->execute()
#1 <IPSPATH>\applications\core\modules\admin\settings\advanced.php(562): IPS\_Task->run()
#2 <IPSPATH>\system\Dispatcher\Controller.php(86): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->runTask()
#3 <IPSPATH>\applications\core\modules\admin\settings\advanced.php(35): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 <IPSPATH>\system\Dispatcher\Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->execute()
#5 <IPSPATH>\controlroom\index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

Running 1.1.0 Beta 2, and installation instructions followed to a 'T'. Bot group is on the highest hierarchy level on discord. Handshaking wakes the bot up and appears in server online. So api credentials are working and communicating.

Yep I can confirm having the same issue. Running the same version 1.1.0 Beta 2.

2 minutes ago, Magesw said:

Yep I can confirm having the same issue. Running the same version 1.1.0 Beta 2.

However there will be no support provided for those who do not purchase this application.

Please do not post your issues here, if you have not purchased the app, thanks.

Archived