Discord Integration

Ahmad E.

I have an odd issue with this from time to time.  Even though I have my user permissions set on IPS and define what the equivalent is on discord, sometimes, members just get throw back to REGISTERED.  Is there something I am doing wrong?  A way I can just disable this all together?  Still seems to happen with all of the sync options turned off.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/28/2017 at 9:20 PM, Josiah Wallingford said:

When I try to link discord to my account in Account Settings I got this error (I am guessing it is because I am an administrator on both):

IPS\discord\Api\Exception\ForbiddenException:  (0)
#0 /applications/discord/sources/Api/AbstractResponse.php(64): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->throwException(403)
#1 /applications/discord/sources/Api/GuildMember.php(57): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->handleApi()
#2 /system/Login/Discord.php(108): IPS\discord\Api\_GuildMember->update(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(1162): IPS\Login\_Discord->authenticate(Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Object(IPS\Member))
#4 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->_profilesync()
#5 /applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(54): call_user_func(Array)
#6 /system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->manage()
#7 /applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#9 /index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

Now, when I try to go to Account Settings I get the following error message and don't know how to disassociate myself with Discord:

IPS\discord\Api\Exception\ForbiddenException:  (0)
#0 /applications/discord/sources/Api/AbstractResponse.php(64): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->throwException(403)
#1 /applications/discord/sources/Api/GuildMember.php(57): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->handleApi()
#2 /applications/core/sources/ProfileSync/Discord.php(63): IPS\discord\Api\_GuildMember->update(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /applications/core/sources/ProfileSync/Discord.php(128): IPS\core\ProfileSync\_Discord->user()
#4 /system/Theme/Theme.php(809) : eval()'d code(7518): IPS\core\ProfileSync\_Discord->name()
#5 /system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_system->settingsOverview(Array, NULL)
#6 /applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(160): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('settingsOvervie...', Array)
#7 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->_overview()
#8 /applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(54): call_user_func(Array)
#9 /system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->manage()
#10 /applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#11 /system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#12 /community/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

Did you find a fix for this? I'm having the same issue.

On 9/23/2017 at 3:30 AM, Ahmad E. said:

I'm really sorry guys, but I just do not have much time on my hands right now.

Can everyone who has issues contact me on Discord please (this would speeden things up)? Ahmad#3905

I'll try and get through all my PMs and the posts here today.

How do we DM you on discord without being friends with your or having a discord server in common? I sent you a private message on IPB regarding the issue. I apologize for missing your response on saturday and look forward to resolving this issue. 

Thanks for your time,

On 25/09/2017 at 5:29 PM, Aaron Figueroa said:

How do we DM you on discord without being friends with your or having a discord server in common? I sent you a private message on IPB regarding the issue. I apologize for missing your response on saturday and look forward to resolving this issue. 

Thanks for your time,

Just send me a friend request please.

I fixed the login with discord function by doing the following.

Go to: http://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem Copy the entire page and save it in a: "cacert.pem"

Then in your php.ini file insert or edit the following line: curl.cainfo = "[pathtothisfile]\cacert.pem"

Problem solved

Original solution that worked for me was found here: https://laracasts.com/discuss/channels/general-discussion/curl-error-60-ssl-certificate-problem-unable-to-get-local-issuer-certificate

9 hours ago, Drakior said:

@Ahmad E. I haven't heard from you in two weeks. Someone else was able to help me get it working. However, I bought this instead of using the github version specifically for the offered support you would give to buyers, but you haven't replied here nor in my PM. Are you still doing support for this? @AndyF

Hey,

I'm sorry for the (very) late response: Yes, I do still offer support, you caught me on a really bad time though. I've been ill last week and had to focus on work this week.
After long consideration I've removed the "Git Version" due to many support requests coming from people who did not purchase the app which takes a lot of the time I spend on this project.

Whoever got a copy, is free to keep using it but won't be getting any future updates. If you want, I'll grant you a refund since I wasn't able to support you but keep in mind there will no future updates. I'll try to answer all support requests within a day (unless I'm ill or something the like happens).

2 hours ago, Ahmad E. said:

After long consideration I've removed the "Git Version" due to many support requests coming from people who did not purchase the app which takes a lot of the time I spend on this project.

If the git issues weren't being replied to how is that taking more time? 

Also some of them were legitimate, like mine. I don't file support requests for setup/configuration complications. 

No love for the guy who was trying to help also? :p

5 minutes ago, MADMAN32395 said:

If the git issues weren't being replied to how is that taking more time? 

The problem were not git issues, they were discord/PM messages.

6 minutes ago, MADMAN32395 said:

Also some of them were legitimate, like mine. I don't file support requests for setup/configuration complications. 

No love for the guy who was trying to help also? :p

I know that you've tried to help (and actually helped people) and I really do appreciate that, however there were too many people who did not respect the rules. So once again, we can't have nice things because of "bad" people.

I had hoped that the thought of "pay for support" would work well but I guess the problem is that I do not have control of the platform(s) where people can only post in specific (vip like) sections once they pay.

15 hours ago, Ahmad E. said:

The problem were not git issues, they were discord/PM messages.

Pretty disappointed in the decision to remove it from GitHub. We were going to submit a contribution or two.

As it is, the $59.99 is way too steep, especially given the condition of the code.

On 16/10/2017 at 7:20 AM, khawkins said:

Pretty disappointed in the decision to remove it from GitHub. We were going to submit a contribution or two.

I'm sorry if that sounds rude, but plenty of people said that. I think the only one who actually contributed was @MADMAN32395.

On 16/10/2017 at 7:20 AM, khawkins said:

As it is, the $59.99 is way too steep, especially given the condition of the code.

It might be right now, but it surely will not be soon. I'm working on a new version which is a whole revamp of the project and then I'll be working on new features.

I added an issue to your Github but that seems to be gone now. 

array (
  'code' => 0,
  'message' => 'Privilege is too low...',
)

#0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\hyped-gamingcom\applications\discord\sources\Api\AbstractResponse.php(68): IPS\_Log::log('array (\n  'code...', 'discord_excepti...')
#1 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\hyped-gamingcom\applications\discord\sources\Api\GuildMember.php(57): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->handleApi()
#2 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\hyped-gamingcom\applications\core\sources\ProfileSync\Discord.php(63): IPS\discord\Api\_GuildMember->update(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\hyped-gamingcom\applications\core\sources\ProfileSync\Discord.php(128): IPS\core\ProfileSync\_Discord->user()
#4 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\hyped-gamingcom\system\Theme\Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(7536): IPS\core\ProfileSync\_Discord->name()
#5 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\hyped-gamingcom\system\Theme\SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_system->settingsOverview(Array, NULL)
#6 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\hyped-gamingcom\applications\core\modules\front\system\settings.php(160): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('settingsOvervie...', Array)
#7 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->_overview()
#8 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\hyped-gamingcom\applications\core\modules\front\system\settings.php(54): call_user_func(Array)
#9 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\hyped-gamingcom\system\Dispatcher\Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->manage()
#10 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\hyped-gamingcom\applications\core\modules\front\system\settings.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#11 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\hyped-gamingcom\system\Dispatcher\Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#12 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\hyped-gamingcom\index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

The bot attempts to modify the nickname of the creator of the Discord and causes this error only when I try to access my account setting page. The bot's role is at the top of the list and it has the Administrator permission. I've had a friend give me the Administrator permission on his server and I was unable to modify his nickname.

On 6/27/2017 at 8:16 PM, JiigSaaw said:

App seems to work great in IPS 4.2

To hotfix Forbidden Exception catched when app want to edit Owner of Discord Guild (Sync Nicknames enabled):

Replace this condition in GuildMember.php

/** @noinspection PhpUndefinedFieldInspection */
if ( \IPS\Settings::i()->discord_sync_names )
{
	$data['nick'] = $member->name;
}

By this:

if ( \IPS\Settings::i()->discord_sync_names && $member->name !== 'JigSaw' )
{
	$data['nick'] = $member->name;
}

Just change nickname, use the display name of your guild owner, on your IPS instance.

Quoting this to pull it back to the front as it explains and fixes the most common problem :p

Sent you friends request on Discord.

But this is going to sound like a newbie question, but we are looking at purchasing the integration but want to be clear on the intented behavior we are looking for.

When people register on our forums, they may or may not have a discord account. Once validated and added to a specific group, we want them to be able to login discord and have access to channels based on IPB groups.

Does a discord account get created upon IPB registration? Or must the user create his discord account first? Then when and how does the sync occur?

2 hours ago, TG Biggy said:

Does a discord account get created upon IPB registration?

no

Or must the user create his discord account first

two way separate systems, either can be done in any order, as long as they are linked in the long run. easiest would be client already having a discord, then register on your community.

Then when and how does the sync occur?

once linked it will sync immediate for initial, then when member sync task runs it will also check for updates to users. also major changes such as group edits will also do an immediate sync.

Once validated and added to a specific group, we want them to be able to login discord and have access to channels based on IPB groups.

mhmm, once they have the rank on the site and discord they would be able to see and do what ever permission set you give them on discord.

Archived