Spam Prevention Suite - Supporttopic

I just had an occurrence where some longer term members started communicating in Korean via PM and got banned.

Any chance there could be a threshold to the autoban - if member has > X amount of posts, or some other way to prevent it from impacting people with some history?

13 hours ago, Morgin said:

I just had an occurrence where some longer term members started communicating in Korean via PM and got banned.

Any chance there could be a threshold to the autoban - if member has > X amount of posts, or some other way to prevent it from impacting people with some history?

Would a group check work? "Exclude following groups from spam check" ...

18 hours ago, Fosters said:

Would a group check work? "Exclude following groups from spam check" ...

I don’t have any sort of group promotion in place for activity. Some sort of combination of content count or days of activity or whatever. Usually the Korean spam bots are brand new accounts, so if someone has more than X approved content, it’s probably ok for them to use the characters 

• 9 months later...

Guys, if you're using giphy, please disable the external url check if you want to avoid that any content with giphy images needs to be moderated (or that the author gets banned if the setting is enabled).

A new version addressing this issue by allowing you to define a white list of allowed domains and also excluding giphy links automatically, will be released tomorrow, it's already finished, but needs some further testing.

whitelistdomain.thumb.png.582359b3d3f0d49ecac04fed3bdc027f.png

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2020 at 10:21 AM, Fosters said:

Guys, if you're using giphy, please disable the external url check if you want to avoid that any content with giphy images needs to be moderated (or that the author gets banned if the setting is enabled).

A new version addressing this issue by allowing you to define a white list of allowed domains and also excluding giphy links automatically, will be released tomorrow, it's already finished, but needs some further testing.

whitelistdomain.thumb.png.582359b3d3f0d49ecac04fed3bdc027f.png

Hey there! Thanks for making this plugin. @Fosters

I just purchased it, however I do not see the 'Content count' option in the admin panel. 

Also, when I select 'Moderate content with external links,' nothing happens. I can't input any domains to whitelist. 

On 4/14/2020 at 5:47 PM, breatheheavy said:

Hey there! Thanks for making this plugin. @Fosters

I just purchased it, however I do not see the 'Content count' option in the admin panel. 

Also, when I select 'Moderate content with external links,' nothing happens. I can't input any domains to whitelist. 

It seems that I haven't released this yet. Crazy chaotic times here.. Sorry for this. I'll get this sorted tomorrow.

Edited by Fosters
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey there, even with this plugin installed, lately I have been getting a lot of spammers registering and posting ~50+ topics per account overnight. 

There's a security question in place.

I also have Google, FB and Twitter enabled to login. 

Interestingly, I have also had a lot of members claim they are being automatically banned as a result of the system suspecting they are spammers? They are existing members. Not sure why that is happening either. 

I'm not sure what else to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 10.08.33 AM.png

Edited by breatheheavy
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...