Spam Prevention Suite - Supporttopic

Hi @Fosters

I found a bug with this plugin.

When the setting "Ban the member if his content contains any characters from the above settings" is enabled and a moderator/administrator creates a post with the banned characters (e.g. Chinese), the moderador is banned and set as spammer. However, moderators/administrators cannot be set as spammers. So what happens is that we can unban them from the ACP when this happens, but when I try to remove their spammer status, I get an error message:

2C114/8 You cannot flag yourself, a moderator, or an administrator as a spammer

Therefore, this setting "Ban the member if his content contains any characters from the above settings" should ignore the user if he is a moderator/administrator.

BTW: this happened here with two moderators that were just editing a post that had Chinese characters and hit save. So what I am saying is happening when a moderator/admin edits a post as well.

Thanks.

On 10/5/2018 at 3:42 AM, Gabriel Torres said:

Hi @Fosters

When the setting "Ban the member if his content contains any characters from the above settings" is enabled and a moderator/administrator creates a post with the banned characters (e.g. Chinese), the moderador is banned and set as spammer. However, moderators/administrators cannot be set as spammers. So what happens is that we can unban them from the ACP when this happens, but when I try to remove their spammer status, I get an error message:

Therefore, this setting "Ban the member if his content contains any characters from the above settings" should ignore the user if he is a moderator/administrator.

BTW: this happened here with two moderators that were just editing a post that had Chinese characters and hit save. So what I am saying is happening when a moderator/admin edits a post as well.

Thanks.

Thanks, will look into this tomorrow.

On 10/11/2018 at 5:16 PM, Skippy J said:

Is there a plan to add support for Arabic content moderation?  90% of our spam postings have Arabic characters.  Thanks!

That's a great idea:) I've added this to our internal tracker.

On 10/5/2018 at 3:42 AM, Gabriel Torres said:

Hi @Fosters

Thanks.

thanks again for this. A new version was released, which fixes this issue:)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I suggested this privately, but I think it would be great if the plugin could actually prevent a post containing those characters from being accepted - i.e. entered in to our database. In our situation all messages on the forum must be written in English, using standard characters. We would prefer just block someone, with a friendly message, when they try to post, instead of taking the message and auto-banning the user.

On 12/18/2018 at 6:14 PM, NeedCoffee said:

I suggested this privately, but I think it would be great if the plugin could actually prevent a post containing those characters from being accepted - i.e. entered in to our database. In our situation all messages on the forum must be written in English, using standard characters. We would prefer just block someone, with a friendly message, when they try to post, instead of taking the message and auto-banning the user.

Have you considered purchasing Automation Rules?  Create a condition to search the title and content.  If something matches, delete the content display a message.  You can also do pretty much anything imaginable if the condition yields true or false.  Once you learn automation rules, you'll think you're Dr. Strange manipulating time and space.  

If you purchase Automation Rules, PM me and I can give you the code for the rule or look for my posts on Kevin's (the author) support forum - I posted it there.

Automation Rules is a little pricey, but totally worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Fosters

My main issue at the moment, some "new users" create posts with additional links to unwanted websites (ie : APK download packages, or torrent website), after reading your plugin description, it seems that this plugins could help me to moderate this behaviour.

After uploading and enabling this plugin and checking the following setting (for my group named member) :
_Bypass word and link filters is set to disable
_Moderate content with external links is enable

However, I have a user that created few minutes ago, a post with an external link. Where can I check that the plugin has processed the message (any log or database log entries maybe ?)

Regards,

Nicoolas

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, DamonT said:

@Fosters one more issue - is your plugin works if the spammer write "normal post" and later edit it to post some chinese spam? It looks like not... Am i right? This is the way to bypass this plugin?

I haven't noticed this myself, but thanks for the report. I'll test this myself and ensure it's fixed for the next release.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 12:08 PM, peter.schaefer said:

It seems to work fine, but I have some problems with vietnamese content. Would be fine, to block those too.

You can have an example, if you like.

Block content with external links for users with less than X posts would make it nearly perfect.

Thanks.

Yes please