There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200

giventoflyfish

So do I.  As best as I can figure it out, the server is timing out as it tries to process the huge file and resize it as specified in the ACP. My users on Apple devices see it most often because they can't change the cameras on their iPads or iPhones to a lower resolution and create smaller files.  It the user is on a Droid, they can drop the resolution to a lower setting and their problems disappear.

It doesn't happen every time because all pics are not the same size, and the other server processes going on simultaneously is also a factor.

There are previous discussions about this. Its usually caused by files that hit the server limits because they are too large to be processed. Try to reduce the pixel size (not file size) of the test image. You will likely see that the image starts to work once its below a certain pixel size.

2 hours ago, opentype said:

There are previous discussions about this. Its usually caused by files that hit the server limits because they are too large to be processed. Try to reduce the pixel size (not file size) of the test image. You will likely see that the image starts to work once its below a certain pixel size.

The problem is that there is no settings on iPads and iPhones to reduce the resolution.  It requires using a different app to resize the photo before uploading.  

6 hours ago, opentype said:

Sure. I only suggested the size reduction to nail down the problem. The solution is to raise the server limits or to change the host.

Ok, i change the size of the photo and it uploaded fine.

Maximum image dimensions to save

is set to unlimited

and I have 

Maximum image dimensions to display

set to 1000 x 750

Wouldn't this allow for unlimited size but resize upon upload? Maybe I'm missing something here?

Thanks for your help.

19 minutes ago, giventoflyfish said:

Ok, i change the size of the photo and it uploaded fine.

Maximum image dimensions to save

is set to unlimited

and I have 

Maximum image dimensions to display

set to 1000 x 750

Wouldn't this allow for unlimited size but resize upon upload? Maybe I'm missing something here?

Thanks for your help.

Try changing the size of the maximum image to display.  This will be the size of the image, when shown full size in the lightbox. There's usually no need to store something more than 1920 pixels wide -- unless yours is a photography site.

You shouldn't set unlimited on size to save, this is where very large images take lots of memory to process, it will also take a ton of un-needed disk space to store large images. Phone makers think bigger is better when it comes to resolution, that isn't really true, however a setting of 1200x1200 or even 1600x1600 will save a lot of space. I would also recommend you set your image processing to imagick instead of GD which can help this issue also.  If none of that works for you or you cannot use Imagick, increase your php memory to 256MB. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2017 at 5:18 PM, Rhett said:

You shouldn't set unlimited on size to save, this is where very large images take lots of memory to process, it will also take a ton of un-needed disk space to store large images. Phone makers think bigger is better when it comes to resolution, that isn't really true, however a setting of 1200x1200 or even 1600x1600 will save a lot of space. I would also recommend you set your image processing to imagick instead of GD which can help this issue also.  If none of that works for you or you cannot use Imagick, increase your php memory to 256MB. 

Rhett, moving to ImageMagick solved the problem. Thanks!

• 5 months later...

Archived