purchase again option seems unneeded.

SJ77

Some devs requires one "license" of the resource per URL. Many users has more than one URL, so they need to buy again. And this only here. You have to remeber that this integration is part of the suite and used elsewhere for several admins.

Personally, I believe it's kinda hard to confuse "Donwload" with "Buy Now - $XXX".

Anyway, maybe IPS could change the Buy button style to another color (blue, red, black, orange, etc.).

@Adriano Faria But not everyone is selling software. Downloads seems designed to support invisionpower.com but not very flexible for everyone else. In my case I am selling photos. Once you own them, option to purchase again makes no sense at all. People can sell many other things aside from software. At least a behavior option would be helpful.

20 minutes ago, Simon Woods said:

Really? This can't be edited? I've never used Downloads. At this point it'd better if it was called Downloads (mostly for software selling).

I mean... wow. Really, @Lindy?

don't forget no option to get rid of renewals option in marketplace

1 hour ago, superj707 said:

@Adriano Faria But not everyone is selling software. Downloads seems designed to support invisionpower.com but not very flexible for everyone else. In my case I am selling photos. Once you own them, option to purchase again makes no sense at all. People can sell many other things aside from software. At least a behavior option would be helpful.

I'm finding that out about the commerce app.  It's readily apparent it was designed for their use and then apparently "tweaked" to turn around and sell.  First obvious indicator is the hard coded hosting option that is included in the commerce package.

1 minute ago, Tracy Perry said:

I'm finding that out about the commerce app.  It's readily apparent it was designed for their use and then apparently "tweaked" to turn around a sell.  First obvious indicator is the hard coded hosting option that is included in the commerce package.

Lucky for me I am wanting to do something very similar to Marketplace but a few more options would be really helpful.

• 1 year later...

I thought this might be an issue, and sadly I have proved myself right.

I have MANY folks purchasing the same thing more than once (assuming they would never be charged more than once for the same thing).. (since after all that's ridiculous) and then I have to go through and deal with refunds or fraud claims.

Please IPS, fix this nonsense!!!

Here is an example email I am dealing with today.

Hello, l have been billed 6 times for the same content, I was not able to dowload the content so i retried several times thinking i wouldnt be getting charged since i couldnt acces the content.

Thank you for your time.

If you're willing to submit a support ticket, I'd be interested to check that there's nothing else going wrong. It seems to me very bizarre that someone would miss the equally sized "Download" button and click "Buy Now" and submit payment 6 separate times.

If you do, mention this post so the support team know to send it up to me.

Archived