External embed of gallery images

Dll

Hi, has anyone managed to externally embed gallery images at all? I've never got it to work, even with the default template, as it hides all of the images. I did raise a bug but it was closed without any proper response. 

So if anyone has an example of it working, or can share their template I'd appreciate it. 

Thanks

I'll take that as a no then!

@Matt, since you closed the bug report regarding this problem, I assume you've tested and are able to externally embed gallery images on this site, or on a test site? Can you show an example of this please, as I've failed on both our live site and on a clean test install and would like to use the functionality.

And for what it's worth, I don't think it's particularly good practice to ignore a report for 5 months and then just close it. 

I'm posting in the support forum, and did post a bug report last May. Both of these ought to be legitimate places to at least get an answer to the question whether this is possible on any install and therefore something I need to raise a ticket for, or is (as I suspect) not possible regardless, thus rendering a ticket pointless. 

I understand how the ticket system works, but don't really want to go through the box ticking exercise that raising tickets often is, if it's a bug. If the bug was closed, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that the problem was looked at, tested and confirmed as not a bug. In which case, fine, but if that is the case - there should be an example of this working somewhere here or on the wider internet? Seeing that example may even enable me to solve the problem without the need for a ticket. 

@Dll The bug wasn't just closed though, was it? Right there, Matt first replied to direct you to providing a working example in a ticket. I don't understand why you thought not doing that and coming to the Peer to Peer support forum would cover all of the bases for appropriate support.

FWIW I have also seen this issue on my site but have yet to find the time to test it. So at least you're not alone in seeing it.

The comment was made at the time of closing @Simon Woods , and that occurring 5 months after the bug was raised is unacceptable whichever way you want to dress it up.

Why did I think it would cover all bases posting in here? Because I'm 99% satisfied it's a bug and not an issue with my own install, so, therefore, raising a ticket is frankly going to be a waste of my time, particular as we have a non-standard install which means I have to jump through half a dozen hoops just to have a conversation about it. 

The likely issue is with the template, and my hope was that someone may have solved it by modifying the template themselves. Apparently, no-one has, though. Of course, had the bug report been looked at properly in the first place, we'd probably not be having this conversation at all - so yeah, I do think I've done plenty enough to cover the bases for appropriate support.

You're right, reporting a bug as a bug with an expectation of it being investigated rather than closed after 5 months, ought to be outlawed. As should asking whether any other community members have managed to solve the problem within a peer to peer support forum. 

I'm aware how the ticketing system works, but equally I'm aware than as a client I'm entitled to use this forum to ask a question, and (when it was still in use) entitled to report bugs too. 

Obviously, neither of these two approaches have moved me any closer to resolving the problem, so in that respect you're correct. But I don't think raising a ticket would change that fact, unfortunately. Regardless of the channel, the developers have been made aware of the issue and have ignored it, that's the crux of this situation  - hiding behind requests for tickets doesn't change a thing in that respect.

Anyway. I'll go ahead and customise the template to make this work, and will share that in here once I've done it should anyone want it. 

Archived