Jump to content

Community

Pete T

Who Was Online

Recommended Posts

Hi there

I've updated this plugin and before it didnt show the length of time in minutes, is it possible to remove the section showing in minutes..?

Or even change it to hours as it showed before.. 

1.png.10327d13e02a2b959f1b0cf0d178c540.png

Thanks

Edited by Philip Gaines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Philip Gaines, View my posts quoted below:

On 11/19/2018 at 8:34 AM, donpetru said:

@The Old Man, take a look at the image posted by me a few postings ago. I have proposed that the final version of the plugin be the original version of IPB3. So, the final version will have two sections:
1) a field with users logged in the last X minutes in the forum + general statistics (usually 15 minutes are used);
2) a statistic with users who logged on that day will be displayed

Point 2 is working, from what Pete told us. So, I think there will be a new update after tweaking. 

Edited by donpetru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure I must be getting too old, or thinking of some similar named mod, as I'm sure it used to be configurable to either today or last 24hrs. There is a default widget that mention last x minutes. Did this plug-in used to be called Members Online Today or something similar and then it switched to minutes? 

As DonPetru mentioned, hopefully it will allow a choice of

  • Today (since midnight in users time zone)
  • Last 24hrs
  • Hours
  • Minutes

Then it would cover every angle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, The Old Man said:

I'm sure I must be getting too old, or thinking of some similar named mod, as I'm sure it used to be configurable to either today or last 24hrs. There is a default widget that mention last x minutes. Did this plug-in used to be called Members Online Today or something similar and then it switched to minutes? 

As DonPetru mentioned, hopefully it will allow a choice of

  • Today (since midnight in users time zone)
  • Last 24hrs
  • Hours
  • Minutes

Then it would cover every angle?

So back in 2.x.x to 3.x.x this was called Members Online Today and was designed show members in period of 60 Mins the plan try get this back to that way at moment its getting there but issue we have at moment is if people wanted longer period example 24 hours will display 1440 mins i trying have best of both ­čÖé┬ábut when try doing this hit few errors, but as keep tweaking the widget does become less buggy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Pete T said:

back in 2.x.x to 3.x.x this was called Members Online Today

The Members Online Today that I had, by Michael, was for "today" or 24 hrs. I only upgraded from IPB v.3 a few months ago, so I still remember it well :smile:. Or were there two similar hooks? IPB had its own "Users Online" (same as it has now?) which was set by default for 15 minutes, but you could change it to 60, if I remember correctly.

I, personally, would prefer it to be "today" where I can set it for 24 hrs, like in your other plugin with the same name :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Millipede said:

The Members Online Today that I had, by Michael, was for "today" or 24 hrs. I only upgraded from IPB v.3 a few months ago, so I still remember it well :smile:. Or were there two similar hooks? IPB had its own "Users Online" (same as it has now?) which was set by default for 15 minutes, but you could change it to 60, if I remember correctly.

I, personally, would prefer it to be "today" where I can set it for 24 hrs, like in your other plugin with the same name :smile:

Yes that correct Michael was main person made the 2.x.x to 3.3.x might stayed to 3.4.x then he left all his hooks have been taken over by different devs now, the only other one was like this was new member online or like that but i like people feedback ­čÖé┬áhow widget get better so before get finished lets see how many people would like 24 hours (set by default) or cut off via 60 mins (set by default).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Pete T said:

but i like people feedback ­čÖé┬áhow widget get better so before get finished lets see how many people would like 24 hours (set by default) or cut off via 60 mins (set by default).

24 hours is my favorite, and I wouldn't like to have it say, users online last 1140 minutes. But b.t.w. I'm happy with the version 1.0.3, only the numbering is a bit confusing. Thanks for your work.

da6b11eb-b50c-4c2b-955c-4118c1bd7f77.png.de2a493f0bbe73c7545ccc5ac296598f.png

Edited by Ramsesx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ramsesx said:

24 hours is my favorite, and I wouldn't like to have it say, users online last 1140 minutes. But b.t.w. I'm happy with the version 1.0.3, only the numbering is a bit confusing. Thanks for your work.

da6b11eb-b50c-4c2b-955c-4118c1bd7f77.png.de2a493f0bbe73c7545ccc5ac296598f.png

Short answer to version number was two different files but I now making one widget Vs two as now have time on my hand get this widget right.

So looks so far many like the 24 hour to show this displays members been online in that period Vs having mins cutting off 60mins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said in a previous post:

1) a field with users logged in the last X minutes in the forum + general statistics (usually 15 minutes are used);
2) a statistic with users who logged on that day will be displayed

Initially, "Who is online" was created to highlight point 2 above (for 24 hours or at least one hour). But this is not enough. For this reason I have proposed point 1 which will turn this "Who is online" plugin into the old "Members Online Today" which was much more useful. But the problem is that Pete understood to turn point 2 into point 1 when he actually had to create both points. This little misunderstanding led to the small misunderstandings in this topic (I refer to the last posts).

Now, I would like to know if Pete will continue to create both points above respecting the template of the old hook "Members Online Today", as I have shown in one of the pictures attached with a few postings ago ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a small suggestion:-

Why not create two "Who Was Online" then anyone could choose which one to install.

Who Was Online X minutes

Who Was Online X hours

This may work out better for all.

Thanks

- - - 

I found this i'm going try to uninstall the new version then install the old one..

 

Edited by Philip Gaines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the explanation, much appreciated.

Personally, for me, we liked members online today (from midnight). Once I removed it and my community went nuts, as they like to see if their friends have been online today. Also moderators liked to instantly see if a troublesome member had signed-in yet, that day. That said, I currently have this mod reinstalled and set to 1440 minutes, but only visible to staff for now.

I still think if it's possible it would be great to have a choice of 4 options:

  • Online Today´╗┐┬á(´╗┐aka since Mi´╗┐dnight - in users time zone if poss, or server time if not).
  • Online during the last 24hrs´╗┐.
  • Online during the┬álast X hours´╗┐.
  • Online during the last X┬áminutes´╗┐.
Edited by The Old Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2018 at 7:34 AM, donpetru said:

As I said in a previous post:

1) a field with users logged in the last X minutes in the forum + general statistics (usually 15 minutes are used);
2) a statistic with users who logged on that day will be displayed

Initially, "Who is online" was created to highlight point 2 above (for 24 hours or at least one hour). But this is not enough. For this reason I have proposed point 1 which will turn this "Who is online" plugin into the old "Members Online Today" which was much more useful. But the problem is that Pete understood to turn point 2 into point 1 when he actually had to create both points. This little misunderstanding led to the small misunderstandings in this topic (I refer to the last posts).

Now, I would like to know if Pete will continue to create both points above respecting the template of the old hook "Members Online Today", as I have shown in one of the pictures attached with a few postings ago ?

I am not getting confused or misunderstanding the old hook this proves what was in 3.4.x 

Screenshot_10.thumb.png.6299877c499d36ffb6e6a7a7a3dd26bc.png

all the settings directly from 3.4.x and front end

Screenshot_11.thumb.png.de6a32ac1635e1167958b9d0da6fa4f0.png

Screenshot_12.thumb.png.2409c706f128ec4e495a114f11f03ccb.png

the above images is not members online today.

15 hours ago, The Old Man said:

Thanks for the explanation, much appreciated.

Personally, for me, we liked members online today (from midnight). Once I removed it and my community went nuts, as they like to see if their friends have been online today. Also moderators liked to instantly see if a troublesome member had signed-in yet, that day. That said, I currently have this mod reinstalled and set to 1440 minutes, but only visible to staff for now.

I still think if it's possible it would be great to have a choice of 4 options:

  • Online Today´╗┐┬á(´╗┐aka since Mi´╗┐dnight - in users time zone if poss, or server time if not).
  • Online during the last 24hrs´╗┐.
  • Online during the┬álast X hours´╗┐.
  • Online during the last X┬áminutes´╗┐.´╗┐

I plan return to x hours and will also upload second version for x mins so people can choose the best who was online that fits there community.

Edited by Pete T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pete, your screenshot of Members Online Today from IPB v.3 is identical to a screenshot of it that I also have.

Thanks for keeping going a version that will show X hours :smile:

Would you please remind me, as I'm still using your older 4.2 version for this reason, will there be an option to show names instead of avatars? (sorry if it's already been mentioned, but the original version of this plugin only showed avatars and not names)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Millipede said:

Pete, your screenshot of Members Online Today from IPB v.3 is identical to a screenshot of it that I also have.

Thanks for keeping going a version that will show X hours :smile:

Would you please remind me, as I'm still using your older 4.2 version for this reason, will there be an option to show names instead of avatars? (sorry if it's already been mentioned, but the original version of this plugin only showed avatars and not names)

The new version has this in Admin CP by default the Show Avatar is turn off so will be same has been for last few years but for people like have avatar on i now added new settings display tiny or medium images ­čÖé┬á*note this coming shortly.

Screenshot_13.thumb.png.cb4f4a7cec62f40dc736bef97d8be534.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

last accomplished on 8 hours ago?

i would think leaving "on" off would work no matter the result

i wonder why the record doesn't work when on the sidebar, there is plenty of room for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a couple of days when I monitored the plugin, I recently found that the statistics did not reset to 24 hours (or daily, I would be interested), but rather the plugin keeps a statistic of the last 24 hours which updates it permanently !!! It does not seem to me a fairly accurate operation, but maybe Pete could make a version that resets every day, it would be perfect!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lee Craven said:

Once enabled how do we make it display on the forums? As in being displayed in the footer.

It only show where you placed the widget so if placed near footer that where will show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

├Ś
├Ś
  • Create New...