Eager for more of IPS!

Netherlord

We're leaving the "content discover" stage and the feeling is that still there is so much to do: search is not great (it's faster and better to search in google then come back here via link in search results); we can't use any field in advanced search form like we could on v3 via extension (search only for title and content fields isn't good enough. I'm creating an "internal search" for my app); what to say about extra fields? Unreachable so far. 

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

We're leaving the "content discover" stage and the feeling is that still there is so much to do: search is not great (it's faster and better to search in google then come back here via link in search results); we can't use any field in advanced search form like we could on v3 via extension (search only for title and content fields isn't good enough. I'm creating an "internal search" for my app); what to say about extra fields? Unreachable so far. 

Content discovery phase  ... 

1. Default search still bad
  2. No search in Commerce
  3. No search in profile fields or custom fields
  4. No block for Activity Stream 

Oh well, time for next phase ... (w00t)

I personally feel that IPS v4 is fairly stable, and if all they wanted to do in the next 6 months was to just pause, improve their codebase, build out documentation, improve performance, and implement the bugs and Product Feedback then most users would be very happy.  

• Management

Could you please point me to the post where we said we were done with content discovery, search, etc? In fact, everything I've pointed to is contrary to that. 

P.S. Profile fields have been searchable in IPS4 since nearly the beginning. 

19 hours ago, Netherlord said:

What i think would be useful is an user created html examples section somewhere... Let people show off the little tricks they know with ips. That could spur a lot of creative effort within the community. I imagine that would help :) but i have not given it enough thought so probably an issue exists with that somewhere!

That's an excellent idea - engaging the community to accomplish such an effort would pay huge dividends for everyone.

• Management
11 hours ago, KentT said:

So, if external search is v 4.3 does that mean that we are essentially stuck with the abysmal MySQL search for another year? I.e v4.2 in its many iterations.... That's depressing!

4.3 is certainly not a year away. We're only a few months away from an expected final release of 4.2. Stock search will see improvements in 4.2 as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
17 hours ago, Charles said:

We were just discussing today when to start announcing all the new things in 4.3 :)

So soon. Well ain't this a breath of fresh air. I'm pretty happy with the overall state of 4.2 now. Any improvements from this point forward for me are simply very basic in wants. So whatever you bring has the potential to blow my mind in ways I had not planned.

:drool: Surprise me!

Archived