Limited Email Content

Sorry, I missed the question. The app key is the directory name and the value can be seen in the ACP while editing the specific email template. I’ll get back to this kn Monday if you need further assistance . 

Sorry again for missing your question. 

• 3 months later...

this is a great idea, and seems essential to drive traffic back to the site.

however, we're hesitant to purchase because i'm afraid we might miss white-listing something important...

would it be possible to have a "Simple" option which would apply the plugin only to email notifications about posts and PMs? that might cover the bulk of use-cases from your average IPS forum style site. of course you would still have an "Advanced" mode which causes the plugin to apply to every email except for white-listed templates.

also +1 for the requests to exclude user groups (both for admins and as a way to reward paying members).

thanks!

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/8/2021 at 9:28 PM, Markus Jung said:

I meanwhile found out that this is a built-in functionality in 4.5 - Email-Settings/Truncate Content

Thanks, good to know. Do you know the default limit? It doesn't seem to have a way of controlling this (or I haven't found it yet).

• 2 months later...
On 6/22/2021 at 7:32 AM, Unlucky said:

Any update @PPlanet if you have found a solution?

Yes but not for the limit; IPS does it out of the box from 4.5 onwards. The limit seems to be around 150 characters without counting spaces. That's the only thing, I doubt you can adjust the limit, as for the rest it works pretty much in the same manner.

Edited by PPlanet
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...