Jump to content

Limited Email Content


Fosters

Recommended Posts

Maybe remove or strip quotes.

In some cases, if users have long quotes, you don't event get an idea about the new post... If there are long quotes it limits already the quotes and doesn't show new contents at all. Just an idea...

Happy easter! :) to you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking at this plugin, but have a couple of questions:

Someone mentioned this before, but does this truncate Contact form submissions?  I could see that being a very sensible thing to exempt from truncation.  Ditto warning emails, etc.

I'm not an IPS developer at all, so this might be a naive question: is it possible to have a menu where the Admin could determine which kinds of specific emails or notifications would be truncated and which ones wouldn't?  I have Automated Rules set up to give members notifications of when their Points balances have been adjusted, and I don't necessarily want those to be truncated.

Hope this makes sense. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

Someone mentioned this before, but does this truncate Contact form submissions?  I could see that being a very sensible thing to exempt from truncation.  Ditto warning emails, etc.

Please see https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/434935-limited-email-content/?do=findComment&comment=2717205;)
That was a bug/oversight, but fixed

 Contact, Warning, Tickets, are not stripped/truncated.
 

 We have also the backend code to exclude any other email which you need (we'll do this for free) just contact us :) 

We want to make this configurable by the admin, but hadn't time for a complete rewrite, which is needed to enhance this further.

Edited by Fosters
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Fosters said:

Please see https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/434935-limited-email-content/?do=findComment&comment=2717205;)
That was a bug/oversight, but fixed

 Contact, Warning, Tickets, are not stripped/truncated.
 

 We have also the backend code to exclude any other email which you need (we'll do this for free) just contact us :) 

We want to make this configurable by the admin, but hadn't time for a complete rewrite, which is needed to enhance this further.

Very cool to hear that all this is in the works!  One final question: I assume the admin can configure just how truncated the emails are, e.g. in lines?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, liquidfractal said:

Cool!  Well, if you're willing to help me un-truncate a couple of custom emails as you say you can, I think I may have to shell out yet more on Black Friday specials. ;)

 

This app isn't part of Black Friday sells, it's the same prices as 4 months ago, but feel free to purchase it:D

 

BTW=> Lines just doesn't work as limit because you never know how many lines the content has  because it's depending on the screensize

Edited by Fosters
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Fosters said:

This app isn't part of Black Friday sells, it's the same prices as 4 months ago, but feel free to purchase it:D

Yeah, but I'm getting other Black Friday stuff from you today so what the hell ;)

8 hours ago, Fosters said:

BTW=> Lines just doesn't work as limit because you never know how many lines the content has  because it's depending on the screensize

Makes perfect sense to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...