Community

Fosters

Limited Email Content

Can you please describe how to do it? Specifically:

I want to cut the content only in posts with title containing specific word.

And

I want to cut content only on new posts, but not replies.

All the rest will continue to be sent with full content.

Hi, on this screenshoot:

Email.png.c531a36e17f1dbb90e1aae74acf95e

There is "..." on the end of truncated content in email. But in my case there is no "...". There is just truncated content. How can I add this "..." on the end of message?

@Fosters, can you give me some advice?

Edited by DamonT

On 9/1/2018 at 10:34 PM, DamonT said:

Hi, on this screenshoot:

Email.png.c531a36e17f1dbb90e1aae74acf95e

There is "..." on the end of truncated content in email. But in my case there is no "...". There is just truncated content. How can I add this "..." on the end of message?

@Fosters, can you give me some advice?

Sorry, the screenshots are outdate, this was replaced with the button  containing "Continue reading.."  ( language string limitedemailcontenta_continue_reading ) 

Is it possible to have this app ignore quoted comments when counting the number of characters?

When people quote a previous response it uses up the entire character limit often on my site. It would be great to just start the character limit counting with the new comment text. 

That’s a great idea . I guess it shouldn’t be too hard to strip out the quotes before this app counts the content but I can’t promise it yet and we’re really really busy with other stuff so we’ll not be able to test this idea before October . But it’s really really an amazing idea and I’ve put it high priority on my list..

Remove quotes, emojis, attachments and count only the remaining chars 

Edited by Fosters