Limited Email Content

3 hours ago, Michael R said:

Will this also work for PM notifications? My members are always replying to the email notification instead of going to the site and replying there.

Yes( I have sent you a pm on addons.invisionzone.com to prove it ;) )

1 hour ago, CP said:

Same issue here. 

What issue are you experiencing?

Edited by fosters

I might have misread Micheal's post. The way I read it was when someone sends a PM and someone receives a notification by email they respond to the email instead of going to the site to log in to respond. Because I created a email for my site that is only used for the site I have access to that email and when someone replies to a PM notification email I get the reply not the person who sent the PM. I managed to fix the problem for the most part adding a message to all PM notifications to please log in to my site and reply by PM.

I think what is being asked is if your plugin fixes this problem or if it could be added later? This has nothing to do with your plugin but a problem for some communities.  

That is the way I read the post. 

Hope I explained this good and that it makes sense. :) 

Edited by CP
21 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Just bought this and spotted a problem

If someone sends in a request using the contact form, it cuts that short aswell so we have no idea of what their issue is or any link to goto to view the full text

I'm sorry for this.

I have released a new version which will fix this.

(21 minutes between bug report and the fix... not bad:D )

Edited by fosters
43 minutes ago, CP said:

I might have misread Micheal's post. The way I read it was when someone sends a PM and someone receives a notification by email they respond to the email instead of going to the site to log in to respond. Because I created a email for my site that is only used for the site I have access to that email and when someone replies to a PM notification email I get the reply not the person who sent the PM. I managed to fix the problem for the most part adding a message to all PM notifications to please log in to my site and reply by PM.

I think what is being asked is if your plugin fixes this problem or if it could be added later? This has nothing to do with your plugin but a problem for some communities.  

That is the way I read the post. 

Hope I explained this good and that it makes sense. :) 

OK, now i get what you mean.
Nope, this plugin will just shorten the content. If people reply to the email,it won't deal with the email. I'm also not planning to add such feature to this plugin, sorry:)

9 minutes ago, fosters said:

Nope, this plugin will just shorten the content. If people reply to the email,it won't deal with the email. I'm also not planning to add such feature to this plugin, sorry:)

But it does ! The PM content is truncated in the email, so the user will click on the link to see the full content and then reply on the site.
So this plugin will probably resolve 95% of these problems

Edited by EricT
6 minutes ago, EricT said:

But it does ! The PM content is truncated in the email, so the user will click on the link to see the full content and then reply on the site.
So this plugin will probably resolve 95% of these problems

Yea true.

I was referring to the problem that some people could still think that they could reply to the mail :D In this case my plugin wouldn't help

1 minute ago, fosters said:

that some people could still think that they could reply to the mail

Yes technically, but very less with this plugin

Any chance about this : ? :unsure:

6 hours ago, EricT said:

Suggestion : Give the ability to avoid external links on email content

Two reasons : 

- avoid spam & dangerous links on emails
- avoid the sparkpost problem : if a link from their blacklist is in the email content, your account is suspended.

I can sponsor this feature

12 hours ago, NoGi said:

From the other post:

It would be good to be able to apply groups filtering to it if we wanted some groups to be excluded from getting the truncated messages like moderators/admins for example.

hehe, I've just had the same idea, so I came to this topic to share it :)  Would be great to have a possibility to exclude some specific groups.

19 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

I am going to send out a bulk email to my users about new site features

Before I do this, can you confirm you plugin will NOT truncate my mailshot?

Thanks,

Yes, this plugin won't touch the bulk email emails (except another plugin changed something:P )

You could create a bulk email and send it only to your admins or only to yourself, to test it, before you send it to all your members.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:02 PM, EricT said:

Suggestion : Give the ability to avoid external links on email content

Two reasons : 

- avoid spam & dangerous links on emails
- avoid the sparkpost problem : if a link from their blacklist is in the email content, your account is suspended.

I can sponsor this feature

Would you prefer a whitelist for links or just remove all links in the content? :)

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:38 AM, AlexWebsites said:

This looks like a great plugin. Any way of adding a phrase to the end of the truncated text? Like , " to read more, click here" or something like that. 

I have implemented this, but unfortunately there's only a way to use it as text and not a link because the email class isn't aware of the content url.

So the next version will have only the language string, but I'll see if I can improve this in a future release.

• 3 months later...