Trophies and Medals - Supporttopic

@everybody here:P... We've located the issue with the wrong awarded trophies. This wasn't a bug per se, there was a mistake in our tutorial ( https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/434911-trophies-and-medals-supporttopic/?do=findComment&comment=2709654 )

3.  Once you've created a category, click on + to "Add Trophy."  Create your first trophy with the Name, Description, and Icon.  For example: "Awesome Rep +1" and click save.

Please DON'T save the form at this stage before you have set up the criteria.

I have fixed the tutorial and also adjusted the code for 1.2.0 to have the trophy disabled by default after the creation. This way the trophy won't be saved without any criteria so that literally EVERY member receives it.

Big huge thanks to @SerialNoob for noticing this.

For the setting that awards for content - is that inclusive of posts, blog entries, calendar entries, gallery uploads,  articles etc...  OR is it just on the number of articles?

Basically, please, define what this app counts as content :)

Edited by KPDub
20 hours ago, Fosters said:

Right now it's ALL the content. There's also a separate setting for forum topics and forum posts.

1.2 will enhance this and allow you to separate this

Cheers for the fast reply.   I thought that was the case, just wanted to clarify before I set award goals :)

On 21/09/2017 at 9:52 PM, Fosters said:

Right now it's ALL the content. There's also a separate setting for forum topics and forum posts.

1.2 will enhance this and allow you to separate this

Just further to this, are topics and posts counted separately?

For example, does it count creating a topic as making a post?  So if I had an award for your first post and one for your first topic, then I created a topic, would the expectation be I receive one award (for creating the topic) or would I get two (one for the creation and one for the post, given my post count, would be increased by making the topic)

This would be 2 separate criteria :) ( 1 for topics and 1 for posts ... and topic creation aka 1. post wouldn't count)

BUT to be honest.... This feature is causing a lot of headaches because it's not working as expected? We're planning to remove it from the 1.2.0 release and include it as soon as we fix all the bugs, instead of delaying the 1.2 release any longer. All the other features passed our testing stage and it would be a shame to waste another 1-2 weeks because of this.

3 minutes ago, Fosters said:

This would be 2 separate criteria :) ( 1 for topics and 1 for posts ... and topic creation aka 1. post wouldn't count)

BUT to be honest.... This feature is causing a lot of headaches because it's not working as expected? We're planning to remove it from the 1.2.0 release and include it as soon as we fix all the bugs, instead of delaying the 1.2 release any longer. All the other features passed our testing stage and it would be a shame to waste another 1-2 weeks because of this.

How do you mean it isn't working as expected?  Do you mean the intention is that they are two separate counts, but it includes both within the same count?

On 23.9.2017 at 2:36 PM, KPDub said:

How do you mean it isn't working as expected?  Do you mean the intention is that they are two separate counts, but it includes both within the same count?

There's a bug in our 1.2 release which is delaying the release. We'll remove this feature from the 1.2 release and release this app next week with all the new features ( iAwards importer, trophy replacement, etc..., but without the "asskicking content criteria) which will be included in a later 1.2.x release

On 24/09/2017 at 7:46 PM, Fosters said:

There's a bug in our 1.2 release which is delaying the release. We'll remove this feature from the 1.2 release and release this app next week with all the new features ( iAwards importer, trophy replacement, etc..., but without the "asskicking content criteria) which will be included in a later 1.2.x release

Can I clarify then, the update (next version) will remove the ability to award by posts made and by topics started?  Is there a post count option if those two are removed?

On 26.9.2017 at 7:03 PM, KPDub said:

Can I clarify then, the update (next version) will remove the ability to award by posts made and by topics started?  Is there a post count option if those two are removed?

No it won't

We have a new feature in the pipeline which allows you to set this up on a per app/node basis.
Unfortunately, it didn't work as expected, so we're not going to include it till it works flawless. 

The existing criteria won't be removed:)

Edited by Fosters

We have sent it out to testers and were polishing it to have a perfect instead of a halfbaked, buggy release. Too many things changed and needed further testing.
It's ready when it's ready, but I really expect it this weekend ;)

I'm sorry for the delay, it wasn't expected that it would take that long, but we all want a stable release, or?;)

Edited by Fosters
1 minute ago, Fosters said:

We have sent it out to testers and were polishing it to have a perfect instead of a halfbaked, buggy release. Too many things changed and needed further testing.

On 9/23/2017 at 8:59 AM, Fosters said:

We're still testing and polishing it.

Same last week.
Need to know more, in order to decide if i should be looking for alternatives. I'm launching the site currently, and this was the tool that was going to captivate and encourage users to use the site. I's failing at the moment.

8 hours ago, Steph Jensen said:

Same last week.
Need to know more, in order to decide if i should be looking for alternatives. I'm launching the site currently, and this was the tool that was going to captivate and encourage users to use the site. I's failing at the moment.

The latest release is the one that's available right now, so we encourage you to see if that's appropriate for you at this time.  Otherwise we will release when it's ready.  

Keep in mind that we offer native integration with Automation Rules so you are able to mimic any count you want in the community using rules.

While we would love to develop as many features as we can and fit within your timetable, we ultimately need to adhere to our own internal development plan.  

Edited by Fosters
10 hours ago, Fosters said:

No it won't

We have a new feature in the pipeline which allows you to set this up on a per app/node basis.
Unfortunately, it didn't work as expected, so we're not going to include it till it works flawless. 

The existing criteria won't be removed:)

That's good news, sorry to pester you :)

Looking forward to the new version when its ready :thumbsup:

On 30/9/2017 at 9:50 AM, Fosters said:

I'm sorry for the delay, it wasn't expected that it would take that long, but we all want a stable release, or?;)

59d1371f4b449_FostersTrophiesMedalsMarketplaceImage.jpg.9d6a32559e4b8eef9196833a90ec0609.jpg

Fosters Crew is pleased to present the newest major version of Trophies and Medals v1.2.0, available immediately in the IPS Marketplace for download.  The newest version of Trophies and Medals includes several major features.  

We will be highlighting these features in new articles over the coming week.  

Notifications

Want to excite your members even more when they receive trophies and medals?  We've rolled out two new features that add more ways of notifying members when they receive Trophies and Medals.  

• Private Message - Create a custom PM per trophy or medal that gets issued when a user gets rewarded.
  • Activity Stream -  Trophies and Medals now show up in the Activity Stream for other users to browse.  

59d1374dbf9c9_1PMMessage.thumb.JPG.2d6e5318927e0114201c77e1a38544b5.JPG

Write a custom Private Message for each trophy.

59d1374e2d0f3_2ActivityStream.JPG.7703f598378ad64b5ea2492c7bfa5877.JPG

View of all of the new Trophies and Medals in the Activity Stream.

Stay tuned as we release more information on this major release!