(NB41) Who To Follow

newbie LAC

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dean Spencer said:

Hello, I was looking at this and I like how it is. I just wanted to know, would it be possible to display only certain groups in the who to follow block?  Like If I only want staff members or X groups to show up there rather than all members? Or can this be implemented in the future.

Newbie's told me that he will add filters to the widget.

This will most likely cover all of your questions, as I wanted to focus on active members who are present (rather than recommending people follow those who have never posted). It's a brilliant community addition.

Hello,

14 hours ago, Dean Spencer said:

Hello, I was looking at this and I like how it is. I just wanted to know, would it be possible to display only certain groups in the who to follow block?  Like If I only want staff members or X groups to show up there rather than all members? Or can this be implemented in the future.

I can add filter "Show members from selected groups"

13 hours ago, Joey_M said:

as I wanted to focus on active members who are present (rather than recommending people follow those who have never posted)

What this filter will be based?

5 hours ago, PacmanDo said:

Is there a forum where I can see this being used?

The widget is shown only to registered users. So if someone share the link you will need to register.

9 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

What this filter will be based?

I'll throw these out as suggestions.

Last logged in (users who have logged in during the last x days)
Last posted (users who have posted within the last x days)
Post count (recommend users who have posted x times)

Any other suggestions anyone?

12 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

Any other suggestions anyone?

Just spotted this and going to buy the plugin now

What would be great is we have a verifed members group and it would be great to restrict the option to follow only members of certain groups

This would then hopefully make members join that group in order to get more followers

Is that doable?

On 04.01.2017 at 9:56 PM, Dean Spencer said:

I just wanted to know, would it be possible to display only certain groups in the who to follow block?

17 hours ago, Joey_M said:

Last logged in (users who have logged in during the last x days)
Last posted (users who have posted within the last x days)
Post count (recommend users who have posted x times)

who_to_follow.jpg

Hello,

49 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

I have uploaded new version v1.0.1 and it does not have any of those new settings

It's widget settings (configuration). On frontend click on an arrow "Manage Blocks". Find a widget "(NB41) Who To Follow". Drag and drop a widget on sidebar. Click on Edit button.

I would find the who to follow suggestions more useful if there were an option to allow only users who have posted attachments. Can that be added to the list of edit options?

More specifically

• option to only suggest users who have posted attachments. (this would be awesome)
  • another option of "has avatar" (user profile pic) would be good so the list would appear to only suggest active members.

Archived