Behemoth Theme [ support topic ]

Hi,

Is it possible to add a Slider Image only for mobile viewing different to the Desktop/laptop.

As currently I have the Slider Height set to custom, and when its on custom the slider image is not shown on the mobile.

It is only when I set the Slider Height to Full Screen does the Slider Image appear on the Mobile Browsing.

However, I am finding it hard to have 1 image that is suitable for both desktop and mobile viewing, so if its possibly to add a separate Slider image for mobile that will be great. As then, I can set a separate image that is better for Portrait mobile browsing and also a different wider image for the desktop/laptop.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, darth12 said:

When trying to upgrade to 4.6.2 I get this message. What should I do?

https://i.imgur.com/ZYNu5zN.png

You mean you have updated IPS to 4.6.2 and now you are trying to install this theme ? If yes @TAMAN has not updated to be compatible for IPS 4.6, so you have to wait a few days more because he is working on that as I saw he uploaded two of his theme to be working fine with IPS 4.6.

On 6/24/2021 at 2:51 AM, darth12 said:

When trying to upgrade to 4.6.2 I get this message. What should I do?

https://i.imgur.com/ZYNu5zN.png

you can safely ignore that and keep updating your website and using this theme.

this theme is compatible with latest ips version 4.6.x it does not need to be updated to support the latest version

On 6/24/2021 at 2:56 AM, Afrodude said:

You mean you have updated IPS to 4.6.2 and now you are trying to install this theme ? If yes @TAMAN has not updated to be compatible for IPS 4.6, so you have to wait a few days more because he is working on that as I saw he uploaded two of his theme to be working fine with IPS 4.6.

On 6/24/2021 at 3:02 AM, Afrodude said:

@darth12 you can finish upgrading to IPS 4.6.2 but you will have to wait for theme. You might see some breaks there and there, but it's not a big deal. Moreover, you can use the IPS default theme until @TAMAN release the new template update for this theme.

9 hours ago, darth12 said:

@TAMANdo you know when there will be an update to this for 4.6.2?

Hi,

This theme is compatible with latest ips version if you have already installed it. 

although there is a big update coming soon for this theme with many new changes but it is not to support latest ips version! you should not have any compatibly issues, you can ignore the ips warning in acp because its never accurate. 

Edited by TAMAN
44 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

you can safely ignore that and keep updating your website and using this theme.

this theme is compatible with latest ips version 4.6.x it does not need to be updated to support the latest version

That's not true!
There are few mandatory template changes from 4.5 to 4.6

2 hours ago, Daniel F said:

That's not true!
There are few mandatory template changes from 4.5 to 4.6

yes im aware of the globalTemplate change i also have modified one more template in this theme which is navbar 

im mostly concerned about these two templates in every ips update 

but in every ips update users are warned about incompatible themes due to modified templates 

i know its not possible to know if a modified template is compatible or not during ips updates but isn't it wrong to just mark them as incompatible! 

tho i know about the changes in ips 4.6.x and im not saying that i dont update this theme 😅 

Edited by TAMAN

Hi,

It is not possibile to install your theme right now on new forums. I can't find your theme on the marketplace and there is no other way to upload this Theme to forum. Will this be fixed somehow soon?

Thanks for response in advance!

30 minutes ago, Wulfery said:

It is not possibile to install your theme right now on new forums. I can't find your theme on the marketplace and there is no other way to upload this Theme to forum. Will this be fixed somehow soon?

Yes the marketplace file needs to be updated to select the latest ips version 

soon... 🙂 

I had some issues the last time I upgraded IPS before the theme update came out so I think I will wait until everything is hunky dory before going ahead. Now if somebody could reiterate to IPS that this infernal system update message that appears every day is seriously annoying..... 

9 hours ago, FZ said:

I had some issues the last time I upgraded IPS before the theme update came out so I think I will wait until everything is hunky dory before going ahead. Now if somebody could reiterate to IPS that this infernal system update message that appears every day is seriously annoying..... 

this theme was updated recently to support latest ips version. only a bit of code in globalTemplate was required to change tho

if you have any issues with the theme please let me know 🙂 

15 hours ago, TAMAN said:

this theme was updated recently to support latest ips version. only a bit of code in globalTemplate was required to change tho

if you have any issues with the theme please let me know 🙂 

You mentioned a big update for this theme, is that included in the latest version or another to come ?

27 minutes ago, fantasystar said:

I remember you mentioned something about slider specific settings for mobile.

there are many changes in the slider for example you will be able to add any of existing pages blocks as a slider and reorder theme with the custom sliders in the theme

bfcd546a7d518b34ea1de0a1a751c5be.gif

slider buttons are also removed you will only have a slider title and content field with user permissions 

i dont remember anything of mobile specific maybe you need to remind me of it! 😅 

Edited by TAMAN
2 hours ago, TAMAN said:

there are many changes in the slider for example you will be able to add any of existing pages blocks as a slider and reorder theme with the custom sliders in the theme

slider buttons are also removed you will only have a slider title and content field with user permissions 

i dont remember anything of mobile specific maybe you need to remind me of it! 😅 

That will be fun to implement,

you mentioned to me

"

theres a new update coming to the themes which has many new functionalities one of them is adding as many sliders as you want in the theme settings which then allows you to add extra sliders or customize them easily like a slider just for mobile

"

So for me having custom sliders just for mobile will be great.

Regardless, look forward to the new update we appreciate your constant improvements

thank you

1 hour ago, fantasystar said:

theres a new update coming to the themes which has many new functionalities one of them is adding as many sliders as you want in the theme settings which then allows you to add extra sliders or customize them easily like a slider just for mobile

I dont remember any of that 😄 but yes this will be possible now you can even create a database of sliders to show only on mobile ^^ you will need pages app tho and all you have to do is add a block of custom slider then add a css class like ipsResponsive_hideDesktop to the block you create in pages 

Thank you. 🙂 

Edited by TAMAN
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 9:17 AM, TAMAN said:

Hi @TAMAN is this already available with the current theme version ?

1 hour ago, Afrodude said:

Alright I guess we have to wait then. Another question what else new features you are going to add ?

not so much stuff but the same setting from the screenshot above used for custom google fonts. you can add a google font name and then apply on specific places like navigation, titles footer...

again for the footer if you have pages app you can add any of the default blocks in footer like recent topics gallery feed... you also dont need to install any templates any more. all the default ips styles will work just perfect 

40fbf09d2a1a80b1d7f0e6e6d3337212.gif

1e3f4bc06685b73b71e855c9b526eeca.png

there is also a setting added to import export theme colors. you can simply edit your theme colors and then make a copy of it or importing it in another theme 🙂 
the messy and complicated palette 5 color schemes has also been deleted. there is now only a dark mode with one color scheme and you can easily customize the codes with color import/exporter without touching any color codes manually.

swiper slider is also deleted in the theme. it will be a free app in ips marketplace to use

also everything has either been deleted or renamed including templates in this update so a complete reinstall of the theme is a must. and its not a problem because you have the theme color importer 😉 

Edited by TAMAN