Behemoth Theme [ support topic ]

OK, I didn't find a way to remove it but did find a workaround.,  I just copied the theme and created a new one.  I then removed the option to change the colors in the new one and added it as a new theme.  So any member who doesn't like the moon icon can simply choose the other theme.  

Edited by Dknelson
2 hours ago, Dknelson said:

OK, I didn't find a way to remove it but did find a workaround.,  I just copied the theme and created a new one.  I then removed the option to change the colors in the new one and added it as a new theme.  So any member who doesn't like the moon icon can simply choose the other theme.  

theres a new version coming soon 

you cant disable it for a specific member but for a specific usergroup 

The design of palette is also different from the current version. you will have an brush icon next to userbar instead of the sticky moon/sun icon 

Thanks for the response.  I do really like the Theme.  Disabling that feature per usergroup is not a solution for me.  My supporting members are the main ones I'm concerned with.  Some are OK with out and some don't like it at all.  Especially when they login on their phones.  It's OK though.  Creating a copy of the theme and offering then a choice without it works fine.  Looking forward to seeing the update though.

2 hours ago, Dknelson said:

Thanks for the response.  I do really like the Theme.  Disabling that feature per usergroup is not a solution for me.  My supporting members are the main ones I'm concerned with.  Some are OK with out and some don't like it at all.  Especially when they login on their phones.  It's OK though.  Creating a copy of the theme and offering then a choice without it works fine.  Looking forward to seeing the update though.

Sorry i cant add any option for user specific selection in palette

if you want to do that, try to create a new user group and then add it as a secondary user group for your specific users. after that select this secondary group you created in the palette permissions. 🙂 

Thanks. I actually like the way that I did it by creating a copy of the theme and turning off that switching option.,  That way people can choose to use the same theme without it and I don't have to worry about moving people to other groups, adding secondary groups, and etc.  It is up to them if they want to select the other theme without it.  I'm good.  No worries.

32 minutes ago, Steph40 said:

@TAMAN

The color change as an issue with mobile.

Using Safari and when I click the brush icon the change palette is full screen with no approval or ok button to make the change so clicking anywhere  reverts to original meaning not possible to change when on mobile.

I will check it out and fix as soon as possible 🙂 

thank you

2 hours ago, SardiniaNET said:

1034521926_04-11-202018-01-51.thumb.jpg.cb416c2508b404d231bd10b5ee574f8b.jpg

Since the recent update I no longer see the toolbar! :((((((((
But am I the only one who believes that all this mess and hassle over a damn color palette is really ridiculous?

Hello,

sorry there seem to be a color mix 

heres how you can change the toolbar icon color

Go to the behemoth theme editing page 

57d67455972c4c93769b0df83aba3914.png

change the Editor Toolbar Icon from white to something darker

---

about the palette..

In the current theme version if you go to the palette tab

you have a dark/light mode button to enable/disable

8d3bb982d8a9fc33339e0934fed6c58d.png

If enabled, a brush icon will be added next to Userbar for users with permissions to select a Color Preset or a background image if you have uploaded. its totally optional, users can select or deselect to use the default theme colors and background image.

4ba545cef10179f598d40b400a026674.png

You have 5 custom color preset boxes, and by default they are provided with some dark/light theme colors. mostly just change colors for example a different navigation colors and so on...

color preset boxes need to be provided with css custom properties (variables)  like so...

--theme-primary_button: 211,106,120;

--theme-primary_button_font: 255,255,255; 

this two lines for example changes the background color and the font color of Primary Buttons 

235fb4ce9a714aedb656a1b8c749a9e8.png 

the color values must be in raw RGBA value and not the 6-digit hex like #FFFFFF ( you can use some hex to rgba converters... http://hex2rgba.devoth.com/ )

you can do a lot of other things by providing custom css properties in the boxes and not just color changes. you could change the font size of a specific element or changing border radius for example... or doing just a button color change....etc

---

Theres also a Default preset section in the palette like so

7c37d57c7b58a392c8e7599c45f82345.png

this default preset setting changes the default theme colors to a dark/light theme color. there are 5 dark/light color schemes to apply on your theme

be careful if you click apply on one of the options here, your default theme colors will be replaced to the selected color presets you will lose all color customization's in the color settings if you have done.

-on the upcoming version there will be a setting to export your customized theme colors like custom css properties and you will be able to simply copy the codes and paste it in a preset boxes for customization

If the screenshots are not same on your side or if you have extra settings show different from my side in the screenshots or if the settings are messed, then please reinstall the theme completely to fix it. or simply ignore it unless it causes issues.

If you have other mixed colors please let me know (keep in mind that updating themes wont fix mixed colors in the preset boxes you will need to click the revert button to revert the colors back to default or change the mixed colors manually in the box )

I think the palette is good in the new version but if its still ridiculous or messed up to you let me know so i can improve it 🙂 

Edited by TAMAN
23 hours ago, Steph40 said:

@TAMAN

The color change as an issue with mobile.

Using Safari and when I click the brush icon the change palette is full screen with no approval or ok button to make the change so clicking anywhere  reverts to original meaning not possible to change when on mobile.

This will be fixed on next theme update. If you want to temporary fix the issue with custom.css 

add this to custom.css

@media screen and (max-width: 979px){.taP_Container {left: 80px;}}

Hey @TAMAN thank you for this amazing Theme!

I have a question, i want this CSS Set from your Demo as standard on my site. I would be happy if you could share the css code.

firefox_eFLY08sEbb.thumb.png.3313ceffbb25e5e52ad4d32785af64e5.png

I was a little surprised that this is apparently not included by default. When I saw the demo, this CSS setting appealed to me the most. And is the "dude" style changer not included?

Greets Sp4x

21 hours ago, theblackelk said:

I tried to update the theme from the ACP. However, when I did it I got an error. After trying it a few times I decided to delete the theme and do a fresh install. However, it does not give an option to add it back.

Replying to my own post and not deleting it in case it helps someone else:

I figured out what it was that was preventing me from updating. I had the maximum PHP upload size set too low. You will need to increase the maximum size for it to work. How you do this will depend on your set-up. If you have cPanel it will be in your PHP settings, possibly under versions > options. If you can't make these changes on your own you may have to ask your host to do it for you. If you are on a dedicated server or manage your own you likely already know how to do this.

Edited by theblackelk
On 11/15/2020 at 11:36 PM, theblackelk said:

@TAMAN

Beautiful theme and it's been easy to customize.

I know that the Palette settings seem to save with a cookie. Is there a way to have them save to a user preference table or something so it will persist across any device the user logs into?

Good idea

But there isn't much I can do in themes side this isn't a plugin or application to hook into users table. This is just theme.
Plus the cookie save is simple and better in my opinion and I wouldn't change that

You could make a copy of the theme and change the color scheme for example dark theme

Then your users can select the theme it will be across all devises

Edited by TAMAN
3 hours ago, Noble~ said:

I noticed when i put a background image in the extra footer there is a gap between the footer and the page bottom, Is there a way to correct this?

Taman.png

I just checked and there is no gap

the bottom of the page is the place for bottom advertisements, social profiles and copyright notice and there is some 30px of padding applied. if thats what you mean by the gap then you can remove it with custom css. 

i can help but you need to provide a full screenshot or a link 

On 11/16/2020 at 4:33 PM, TAMAN said:

Good idea

But there isn't much I can do in themes side this isn't a plugin or application to hook into users table. This is just theme.
Plus the cookie save is simple and better in my opinion and I wouldn't change that

You could make a copy of the theme and change the color scheme for example dark theme

Then your users can select the theme it will be across all devises

No worries. I just changed the behavior of the picker to change themes and created a theme for each palette. It's just better for people who post on their computer and mobile devices.

Another thing I did was change the order of the color variables to alphabetical so it's easier to edit. Might be something to add to the next update.

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 4.40.45 PM.png

18 minutes ago, theblackelk said:

Another thing I did was change the order of the color variables to alphabetical so it's easier to edit. Might be something to add to the next update.

Good thing

honestly i did not manually add all these colors thats why they might be messy in ordering! i have created 5 color schemes thats almost a thousand color variables its just too much.

i used scripts to get all the colors settings in the theme and then adding them to color scheme boxes lol 

15 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Good thing

honestly i did not manually add all these colors thats why they might be messy in ordering! i have created 5 color schemes thats almost a thousand color variables its just too much.

i used scripts to get all the colors settings in the theme and then adding them to color scheme boxes lol 

Well, you did a fantastic job. I've been using IPS for ten years and this is my favorite theme.

• 1 month later...