Behemoth Theme [ support topic ]

5 hours ago, FZ said:

This is a disaster. I don't want this Palette colour scheme to be active at all.

Please update the theme to latest version 

i recently updated the theme to add a toggle to disable/enable palette. i have also organized the settings a little bit and im still trying to make it as simple as possible. but its really not that hard to understand how the dark/light mode works in this theme.

its a good feature i have added for ips 4.5.x version. you can have at least 5 different and customized theme colors and all of them are user choosable. i find it the best dark/light mode its easy to work with you only need to play around with it to get use to it (i would suggest to test this new dark/light mode on a localhost ips installation so you dont lose your color customization's on your live website ) 

5 hours ago, FZ said:

but this theme isn't ready for 4.5 upgrades if you were using it on 4.4. There are too many problems. 

What are these problems?

if you need to know how the dark/light mode works so you dont lose your color customization's. i would gladly explain it step by step with screenshots 🙂 

Edited by TAMAN

Really hating this 4.5 with intensification right now. This is the third time I am trying to make this post and refer back to my previous posts. It doesn't save the draft post anymore or let you open a second tab on the same thread. :angry:

I am using the latest Behemoth version, 4.2.8. I can turn off the colour palette, but as mentioned in the other post I quoted when I wanted to put the site live after doing all my customisations yesterday I saw that the editor toolbar was "invisible" unless you moused over it. Following your instructions to do something in the palette tab then wiped out my whole day's worth of tweaking. I still can't see how you would change the colours using that feature. All I get is a box full of code. 

The second major issue I am having is that the user nav bar is floating over the breadcrumb when using the sticky menu. See screenshot. 

1169811123_Screenshot2020-09-28at07_17_11.thumb.jpg.21e7faceddcdefd98cd82fb2803e6b22.jpg

Another problem I picked up is that in spite of me turning off the "highlighted posts" feature in ACP, the theme is still applying the colours to admin and moderator's posts. I am not sure if this is a theme problem or an Invision problem. 

Right now if you can assist in solving the two major issues I mentioned above that would be super. Thanks. 

5 hours ago, FZ said:

The second major issue I am having is that the user nav bar is floating over the breadcrumb when using the sticky menu. See screenshot. 

this a bug it happens if you turn the slider off

add this to custom.css to fix it until next theme update 

.ta_userNav {bottom: auto !important;}

5 hours ago, FZ said:

"highlighted posts" feature in ACP, the theme is still applying the colours to admin and moderator's posts. I am not sure if this is a theme problem or an Invision problem. 

I cant reproduce this issue.

do you mean this Highlight replies option in ACP group settings?fd196a389e0bb396c54defb4c8f4929a.png

I tested this and it normally enabled/disabled the highlighted colors of the group without a problem 😕

do you maybe have any custom css that changes the colors or maybe a plugin/app to change the post colors or something?

can you check if you have the same issue on default ips theme?

6 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

this a bug it happens if you turn the slider off

add this to custom.css to fix it until next theme update 

.ta_userNav {bottom: auto !important;}

I cant reproduce this issue.

do you mean this Highlight replies option in ACP group settings?fd196a389e0bb396c54defb4c8f4929a.png

I tested this and it normally enabled/disabled the highlighted colors of the group without a problem 😕

do you maybe have any custom css that changes the colors or maybe a plugin/app to change the post colors or something?

can you check if you have the same issue on default ips theme?

Thank you for the fix! 

Regarding the other issue, I can see now that this is happening on the default theme too, so must be an IPS bug. 

5 hours ago, FZ said:

I've found something else I am battling to figure out. On the User Nav I am seeing this strange connector. Is this something in the color settings of the theme? 

1835195401_Screenshot2020-09-28at15_28_02.jpg.641df696fba4f1a20719076cba4745cc.jpg

I cant reproduce this either

Maybe you have some custom CSS that causes this?

Send me a link if you want I can check it out on your website 🙂

Edited by TAMAN

Hello!

We've been using (and loving) your skin for a while. Now that the updates are connected to Marketplace on the ACP I can't seem to up date the tweaked skins we have in place. I've updated the theme but when I go to update each linked theme it says "this theme is already updated" 

423519278_ScreenShot2020-09-28at12_21_37PM.thumb.png.e6e99eeeee0373e826495d10ff2c8de7.png

Is there a way to update the skins we've tweaked or will we need to start over?

1 hour ago, toomanycurls said:

Hello!

We've been using (and loving) your skin for a while. Now that the updates are connected to Marketplace on the ACP I can't seem to up date the tweaked skins we have in place. I've updated the theme but when I go to update each linked theme it says "this theme is already updated" 

423519278_ScreenShot2020-09-28at12_21_37PM.thumb.png.e6e99eeeee0373e826495d10ff2c8de7.png

Is there a way to update the skins we've tweaked or will we need to start over?

It depends on what you have tweaked!

But you might only need to update the templates you have tweaked

On 9/28/2020 at 3:30 PM, FZ said:

I've found something else I am battling to figure out. On the User Nav I am seeing this strange connector. Is this something in the color settings of the theme? 

1835195401_Screenshot2020-09-28at15_28_02.jpg.641df696fba4f1a20719076cba4745cc.jpg

Please add the below css to custom.css until next theme update which will be fixed

.ipsMenu.ipsMenu_bottomRight:after, .ipsMenu.ipsMenu_bottomLeft:after, .ipsMenu.ipsMenu_bottomCenter:after {
    border-color: transparent transparent rgb( var(--theme-ipsmenu_bg) ) transparent !important;
}

f2831eca74f5ea1ce95f2d2511f8284e.png

1 minute ago, Ginzeru said:

Hello, I don't know if this question already got posted but I'm not able to disable Palette.. can someone please help me ?

image.png.d89ddb2790a770e47d291812f5a6211b.png

image.png.9a8dc5b175bb9a038fef4aa75b597bda.png

Hello,

Have you updated the theme correctly?

if you have customized the theme templates, then during theme update you must click the "Use new version" of templates and not your customized versions of templates 

you might be using your customized version of templates thats why this Enable/Disable button doesn't work 

im not sure how you can fix that without reinstalling the theme or copy pasting templates from a new fresh installed theme into your customized ones 

Just now, TAMAN said:

Hello,

Have you updated the theme correctly?

if you have customized the theme templates, then during theme update you must click the "Use new version" of templates and not your customized versions of templates 

you might be using your customized version of templates thats why this Enable/Disable button doesn't work 

im not sure how you can fix that without reinstalling the theme or copy pasting templates from a new fresh installed theme into your customized ones 

Thank you for your answer !

My forum is brand new so no problem for me to reinstall but the problem is that I already tried to.. can I maybe give you admin access so you can take a look ? :c 

Cheers,
Ginzeru.

1 minute ago, Ginzeru said:

My forum is brand new so no problem for me to reinstall but the problem is that I already tried to.. can I maybe give you admin access so you can take a look ? :c 

sure 

you can send a login info with access to Theme pages 🙂 

Hello,

I've 3 problems setting theme:

1.- I've disabled fixed navbar and not there is a gap between navbar and hearer. How I can remove it?

image.png.ddd02fc8d2fdbb244028128f0e42412d.png

2.- I want fixed body width to 1300px. I disabled fluid but where I can set the width in pixels?

Thank you

Chris

3.- Also where I can set a top-bottom margin? eg margin: 40px auto 40px auto; but not valid in mobile view?

Edited by ChrisTERiS
Typo
8 hours ago, ChrisTERiS said:

1.- I've disabled fixed navbar and not there is a gap between navbar and hearer. How I can remove it?

Will be fixed on next update soon

for now please add this into custom.css

#ipsLayout_header {
    min-height: auto;
}

2.- I want fixed body width to 1300px. I disabled fluid but where I can set the width in pixels?

I think the option was removed by IPS 

you will need to do it manually with custom.css

3.- Also where I can set a top-bottom margin? eg margin: 40px auto 40px auto; but not valid in mobile view?

Sorry i dont understand the question set margin on what? 🙂 

35 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Sorry i dont understand the question set margin on what? 🙂 

My bad, sorry. I mean the outer the outer content area, even if I'm unsure that I used the correct word. I mean the block that contains header, body content, footer. Everything. Have seen in some script to call it main_wrapper or or page_wrapper.

EDITED.

Fixed by adding to custom.css

body {
  width: 1300px !important;
  max-width: 1300px !important;
  margin: 40px auto 40px auto !important;

}

Edited by ChrisTERiS
3 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

What is the problem here? i still do not understand the question 

there isnt something wrong in the layout to add a fixed with to body 😕 

Ignore my post. It was the only way to set fixed body width. Don't know if it's correct or not, but at least it works. I set width:100% and max-width:1300px and everything is ok.

Edited by ChrisTERiS