Jump to content

Behemoth Theme [ support topic ]


TAMAN

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

try to select scroll for the header background

 

HA!!! THAT WORKED!! I'll take it! You are awesome. Thank you so much. It looks so good now!

On 12/29/2016 at 1:35 PM, Dean Spencer said:

Just bought it. Amazing theme. I love it. I wanted to ask if there's a way to make the colorizer available to members, so they can choose their own palette etc ? or can it be implemented in future updates. 

 

I vote for this addition as well. That would make this theme even perfect-er.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NEW NOTIFICATIONS

Is there a way to change the text color or style of new notifications vs old notifications? I don't see a setting for that. Notification links/test seems to default to the Links color, but nothing to differentiate the new from the old. The dropdown and the page for Notifications shows everything looking the same. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Private Messaging in this forum doesn't work today for some reason, so I'm going to post this solution here for the CometChat issue.  I found a piece of code in all other themes that seem to be missing in Behemoth, and I don't know if it should be there, or if it's optional, but adding it to Behemoth fixed the issue! See below. I hope this help others in the future with third-party chat clients.

<script>
var chat_id = "{expression="\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id"}";
var chat_name = "{expression="\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->name"}";
var chat_link = "{expression="\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->url()"}";
var chat_avatar = "{expression="\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->photo"}";
</script>

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

Private Messaging in this forum doesn't work today for some reason, so I'm going to post this solution here for the CometChat issue.  I found a piece of code in all other themes that seem to be missing in Behemoth, and I don't know if it should be there, or if it's optional, but adding it to Behemoth fixed the issue! See below. I hope this help others in the future with third-party chat clients.


<script>
var chat_id = "{expression="\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id"}";
var chat_name = "{expression="\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->name"}";
var chat_link = "{expression="\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->url()"}";
var chat_avatar = "{expression="\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->photo"}";
</script>

 

No. this is how you setup cometchat you MUST copy paste this code to the theme you're using, you probably added this script to other themes and not behemoth theme, thats why it works on default theme and not behemoth :) 

it is explained in cometchat cloud Adding CometChat to your website in step 2, have you read the documentations on how to install?

https://support.cometchat.com/documentation/cloud/installing-cometchat/add-cometchat-to-website/ip-board-cloud/

Please dont make false statement in support topic unless you're sure about what you're doing. or simply send me a message :) 

 

8 hours ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

NEW NOTIFICATIONS

Is there a way to change the text color or style of new notifications vs old notifications? I don't see a setting for that. Notification links/test seems to default to the Links color, but nothing to differentiate the new from the old. The dropdown and the page for Notifications shows everything looking the same. Thanks!

You're right the only difference is the unread notifications font is bold although it does not look bad on dark version but i will probably have add settings to manage the notification colors and background in next update :) 

Thanks.

Edited by TAMAN
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Please dont make false statement in support topic unless you're sure about what you're doing. or simply send me a message :) 

2

Oh I meant no disrespect! I would never mean to offend you. I wasn't sure where the code came from. I didn't add it to the other themes. So maybe CometChat put the code there, but I never knew it. That's why I wrote "I found a piece of code in all other themes that seems to be missing in Behemoth, and I don't know if it should be there, or if it's optional, but adding it to Behemoth fixed the issue!" That wasn't a false statement. The code was missing, but I didn't mean that it was missing because of you. I only meant that I figured out the missing code. I wasn't sure where it came from. And I tried sending you a message, but messaging wasn't working and Invision was full of errors for several hours yesterday. I just wanted you to know I figured it out so you weren't looking for a solution. I am very grateful for your amazing theme and your support, so please accept my apology if you thought I was being a dick. I hope I cleared that up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

Oh I meant no disrespect! I would never mean to offend you. I wasn't sure where the code came from. I didn't add it to the other themes. So maybe CometChat put the code there, but I never knew it. That's why I wrote "I found a piece of code in all other themes that seems to be missing in Behemoth, and I don't know if it should be there, or if it's optional, but adding it to Behemoth fixed the issue!" That wasn't a false statement. The code was missing, but I didn't mean that it was missing because of you. I only meant that I figured out the missing code. I wasn't sure where it came from. And I tried sending you a message, but messaging wasn't working and Invision was full of errors for several hours yesterday. I just wanted you to know I figured it out so you weren't looking for a solution. I am very grateful for your amazing theme and your support, so please accept my apology if you thought I was being a dick. I hope I cleared that up.

Its all good :) I appreciate your apology. Im happy cometchat works for you now ^^ 

2 hours ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

FEATURE REQUEST:

Forums with New Topics/Replies - either a "new!" icon, or a different color of text for new activity in a forum?

View All Notifications - a way to change the color of text for new notifications vs old notifications on the page view

Thanks!

I will keep it in mind for next update :) 

Thank you.

 

---------

 

2 hours ago, jcdesign said:

Before purchase. Is the color palette editable with other colors? The demo color is to much for me. I want more soft color. :)

Yes. everything is editable the color palette is just to help you out picking a quick color scheme, what it does is basically pasting a bunch of colors into other theme color settings, but you can still change and replace any colors you want, it is made to make coloring your website easier. :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2017 at 9:40 PM, Vegan Gaymer said:

ACTIVITY FEED LINK TARGET

When you click a link from the Activity Feed, it puts the top half of a post under the menu navigation so that you have to scroll down to see the start of the entry. Is there a way to make the target a bit lower so that navigation doesn't cover it? Thanks!

 

*bump*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

*bump*

I will have to find a solution for that, this is due to the sticky navigation always fixed

for now if this really bothers you, you can disable the fixed navigation in Header tab

MaxthonSnap20170107020902.png

If you want to use the normal navigation, also disable Main Nav Bar: Add background after scroll setting :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, TAMAN said:

I will have to find a solution for that, this is due to the sticky navigation always fixed
for now if this really bothers you, you can disable the fixed navigation in Header tab
If you want to use the normal navigation, also disable Main Nav Bar: Add background after scroll setting :) 

 

I'll wait for a fix because I like the effects you created and want to keep these.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FEATURE REQUEST: Member Profile/Notification Menu Quick Access

My members LOVE this theme, but one thing that is coming up as a challenge is that the member profile/notifications menu scrolls up with the site and disappears, so in order to get to their profile, messages, notifications, create new content, access account, etc. they have to scroll all the way back to the top. I wonder if there is a way for the profile/notification menu to also lock into a fixed position as you scroll up so that it stays accessible? Maybe lock into a position like where it is in the image below?

menulock.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

FEATURE REQUEST: Member Profile/Notification Menu Quick Access

My members LOVE this theme, but one thing that is coming up as a challenge is that the member profile/notifications menu scrolls up with the site and disappears, so in order to get to their profile, messages, notifications, create new content, access account, etc. they have to scroll all the way back to the top. I wonder if there is a way for the profile/notification menu to also lock into a fixed position as you scroll up so that it stays accessible? Maybe lock into a position like where it is in the image below?

menulock.png

Hi!

The userbar is quite large, if we make it always fixed on top along with navigation is a horrible look i guess :hairy:

But, i can write you a simple code to do that, for you only, let me know :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Hi!

The userbar is quite large, if we make it always fixed on top along with navigation is a horrible look i guess :hairy:

But, i can write you a simple code to do that, for you only, let me know :) 

3

I think it will look ugly, too, but if it makes my community happier, I guess I should give it a try?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

I think it will look ugly, too, but if it makes my community happier, I guess I should give it a try?

paste the below code just before </head> tag

<script type="text/javascript"> 
var usernav = document.getElementById("elUserNav");
var hlheight = document.getElementById('ipsLayout_header').offsetHeight;
document.addEventListener("scroll", function(e) {
    usernav.classList.toggle(
        "UserNav_fixedTop",
        document.body.scrollTop > hlheight
    );
});
</script>

 

and css in custom.css

.UserNav_fixedTop{
	position: fixed !important;
  	top: 86px !important;
    -webkit-transition: 0.1s all linear;
    -moz-transition: 0.1s all linear;
    -ms-transition: 0.1s all linear;
    -o-transition: 0.1s all linear;
    transition: 0.1s all linear;
}

 

Edited by TAMAN
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Sorry, 

Paste the javascript in includeJS template located at

Core > global > global > includeJS

 
 
 

Hmmm... still nothing. Do I need to change a setting regarding the header and scrolling or something? EDIT: it's working now!! EDIT 2: nope, still not working (works sometimes, then stops)

Edited by Vegan Gaymer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

Hmmm... still nothing. Do I need to change a setting regarding the header and scrolling or something?

looking at your website i can see it is still pasted directly in head tag

remove it from there and paste it in InlcudeJS

make sure you have removed in globalTemplate :) 

 

No need to change any settings

Edited by TAMAN
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

looking at your website i can see it is still pasted directly in head tag

remove it from there and paste it in InlcudeJS

make sure you have removed in globalTemplate :) 

 

No need to change any settings

 

I added it back just to experiment, but removed it. Now I have it all in the right places. It worked for a moment, but now it's not working. I'm not sure why.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...