Behemoth Theme [ support topic ]

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2018 at 7:56 AM, TAMAN said:

Its in the globalTemplate in head tag

this

{{if settings.ipbseo_ga_enabled}}
			{setting="ipseo_ga"}
		{{endif}}

It looks like this fix has removed Google Analytics capabilities entirely. We do still want to use it...we just don't want the analytics code itself showing all ugly at the top of the site. Is there a way to suppress it/ make it invisible or at least the same color as the background so it's not as distracting?

Just now, HW1213 said:

It looks like this fix has removed Google Analytics capabilities entirely. We do still want to use it...we just don't want the analytics code itself showing all ugly at the top of the site. Is there a way to suppress it/ make it invisible or at least the same color as the background so it's not as distracting?

Sorry, I didn't give you any "fix" or solutions 

i only pointed out that this is the seo setting been used in the template 

but i dont understand! what this has anything to do with background colors? you don't need to touch anything of that, especially those elements in the head tag which has nothing to do with front end view of your site.

if you have issues with the theme please explain in details so i can help  :) 

I figured the problem out.

In case anyone else has this issue:  the instructions that Google gives are different than the instructions IPS gives.  Google says to use just a certain snippet.  IPS says use a whole paragraph of script.  If you do use that whole paragraph/block (apologies for my non-technical terminology/ignorance), then everything looks fine.  If you follow Google's instructions, you wind up with the problem demonstrated in the screenshot. 

AnalyticsCodeShowsUp.JPG

Just now, HW1213 said:

I figured the problem out.

In case anyone else has this issue:  the instructions that Google gives are different than the instructions IPS gives.  Google says to use just a certain snippet.  IPS says use a whole paragraph of script.  If you do use that whole paragraph/block (apologies for my non-technical terminology/ignorance), then everything looks fine.  If you follow Google's instructions, you wind up with the problem demonstrated in the screenshot. 

AnalyticsCodeShowsUp.JPG

These codes should be in the head tag, in the screenshot i can see that you have pasted the code into body tag which is wrong.

No. The Google Analytics code is not pasted anywhere except the box IPS provides in the settings area for that purpose. That is an unaltered version of your skin. No edits were made to your skin whatsoever. :)

(The same problem happens on the default skin IPS provides, by the way.)

But as I said, I figured it out. However, I would like anyone else who followed Google's directions (I am sure we are not the only ones in the history of using IPS to do that) for what to use to find an answer which is why I am replying. I always appreciate being able to search these forums and finding an answer because someone posted the solution to an issue they were having. The solution is to ignore Google's instructions to use a specific snippet and use the whole paragraph they provide instead, as obviously IPS expects the whole paragraph. It took various trial and error on my part to figure that out.

So to reiterate: I found the solution but want others to be able to also if they are searching these forums. No further action is required on your part.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 4.1.6

• IPS 4.3 support.
  • Minor bug fixes and improvements.
  • Some settings have been deprecated on this version for example, ( Body background attachment, Hiding social links on header and footer,).
  • Updated SwiperSlider to latest version.

• Color settings for ipsMenu "Drop-Down menus" has been separated from navigation menu colors, These color settings are in Front-End tab by titles like ( ipsMenu background, ipsMenu background hover, ...etc ).
  • Added ( Color overlay ) effect setting for swiperslider.
  • Added a toggle to show/hide settings related to body background image.

• All Pages templates for the Slider, Footer, News Ticker has been updated and changed in this version. installation and using them are well explained in the theme setting when you try to enable it ? 

• Some colors of the white & dark version of the theme has have been changed, You can take a look at demo pages to check the changes.
    If you haven't customized theme colors then please use the Palette feature to take the updated colors, Simply click on the white or dark options (whichever the one you use) and save ? Remember this options will revert and replace ALL your color settings with default colors. don't use it if you have customized theme color settings.

How to update?

ACP --> Customization ---> Themes

uploadanewversion-min.png

Edited by TAMAN
Just now, Archerus said:

Hello,

I installed the theme a new and I have this error: [[Template core/front/global/quickSearch does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Could you help me?

Regards,

Hello,

The latest theme version works only with latest IPS version, so, you will need to upgrade your website to latest 4.3 to use the new update of the theme.

otherwise, if you dont want to update your website yet, then you would need to downgrade the theme version to earlier versions because there are new templates added by IPS to 4.3 version which does not exist in 4.2.

To downgrade the theme version please go to this theme in marketplace and click on see channellog

and download the 4.1.5 version which should work with ips 4.2 ? 

ec1661f43b575ea2e7121da73d6b69fe.png

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Fabricio Camargos said:

Hi, Taman

How can I change these colors?

1093941333_CapturadeTela2018-05-10s20_58_11.thumb.png.212aa9638b4d156f97ad8a689ef5d9a7.png

Thanks...

Hi,

The colors arent like this by default. If you have installed a new editor skin then disable the editor customizations. It is in topic view tab 

• 4 weeks later...

Version 4.2.0

• Check the UPDATE CHANGELOG folder to know how to update to this version. there are some steps you need to follow. ( Don't worry, its a simple 2 steps ? )
    This is a big update. if you haven't customized anything, then you don't need to follow on how to update. simply, install this version as a new theme ?

CHANGELOG

-4.2.0: Slider is no longer behind the navigation, and on-scroll color opacity is removed.
-4.2.0: Userbar styles is removed.
-4.2.0: Refreshed the Dark/Light colors schemes. (if you haven't customized colors. then, after the update go to the palette tab and click on the color schemes you want)
-4.2.0: Redesigned Toggles/Forms/Checkbox styles.
-4.2.0: Redesigned Palette tab.
-4.2.0: Rearranging navigation colors settings.
-4.2.0: Moved Editor color customization to Forms & Toggles tab. Moved all ipsMenu settings to Header & Navigation tab.
-4.2.0: Deleted settings, ( Userbar Styles, Logo image heigh, Navbar & Userbar Opacity, icon shadows, News ticker border separator, quick search border color & border radius, widget padding, sidebar widget background ).
-4.2.0: Updated Swiper Slider to latest version.
-4.2.0: Minor fixes.

My header image has disappeared. The slider works for guests but once logged in no header image appears any longer. This occurred after upgrading to 4.2.0.

And I do not like some of these latest changes. The on scroll opacity in the nav bar was a selling point for me when I purchased this template. Removing them takes away the reasons I purchased this template.

Edited: Just reverted back to 4.1.9. Please consider what I have writ.

https://www.christforums.org

Edited by Christforums

Hello @TAMAN,

We have upgraded the theme, however there seem to be some issues and errors. We have your Swiper Slider addon installed. We have disabled "Swiper Slider" in the theme settings. This is what's happening:

image.thumb.png.02eb8486753d573b4c9a82c914b34f8e.png

We can "enable" swiper slider in the theme, but then they're stacked one on top of the other. Help appreciated.

Edit 1: It also seems this has messed up another theme; Dreadnaught. No idea how or why.

Edit 2: Reinstalled Dreadnaught, seemed to fix it.

Edit 3: Had to comment out the Slider template to fix this.

Edited by AlexWright
Just now, AlexWright said:

Hello @TAMAN,

We have upgraded the theme, however there seem to be some issues and errors. We have your Swiper Slider addon installed. We have disabled "Swiper Slider" in the theme settings. This is what's happening:

image.thumb.png.02eb8486753d573b4c9a82c914b34f8e.png

We can "enable" swiper slider in the theme, but then they're stacked one on top of the other. Help appreciated.

Edit 1: It also seems this has messed up another theme; Dreadnaught. No idea how or why.

Edit 2: Reinstalled Dreadnaught, seemed to fix it.

Edit 3: Had to comment out the Slider template to fix this.

Hello,

I can tell by the screenshot that you didnt update the theme properly 

During theme updating, sometimes a window pops up to select templates between your edited versions and The new update versions. the issues you mentioned is because you have selected your edited versions and not the updated version

Do another update and this time make sure to select New version of templates when it asks. if you have already done that and it doesnt ask to select templates then you would need to manually update the templates, in this case send me a message i can explain with screenshots

Just now, AlexWright said:

Did you upload behemoth theme file as dreadnought theme update! ? updating another theme can not effect any other themes. unless you are doing some parent/child theming? 

7 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Hello,

I can tell by the screenshot that you didnt update the theme properly 

During theme updating, sometimes a window pops up to select templates between your edited versions and The new update versions. the issues you mentioned is because you have selected your edited versions and not the updated version

Do another update and this time make sure to select New version of templates when it asks. if you have already done that and it doesnt ask to select templates then you would need to manually update the templates, in this case send me a message i can explain with screenshots

Did you upload behemoth theme file as dreadnought theme update! ? updating another theme can not effect any other themes. unless you are doing some parent/child theming? 

Nope, not at all. These were 100% new uploads, not a theme update.

Hi, I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, but I don't have the time to read through tis entire thread. 

I just upgraded to 4.3.3 a couple of days ago and bought your theme (very nice, thank you!). There are a couple of items I need some fixes for. Can I PM these to you or do they have to be described in this thread? I don't think they are major, I just can't seem to figure them out myself so I need to ask. 

Just now, FZ said:

Hi, I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, but I don't have the time to read through tis entire thread. 

I just upgraded to 4.3.3 a couple of days ago and bought your theme (very nice, thank you!). There are a couple of items I need some fixes for. Can I PM these to you or do they have to be described in this thread? I don't think they are major, I just can't seem to figure them out myself so I need to ask. 

No problem. you can use this topic or private messages ? 

Just now, Christforums said:

Are the transparent menu/ user nav bars (solid on scroll) permanently removed from this and future versions? If so is there anyway to petition them back? They were a selling point to me when I initially purchased the theme. Deleting them downgraded the template. Can we at least have the option like they were to disable if not wanted?

Hello,

Yes, It is permanently removed due to some reasons. (basically, The way this effects work it prevented me from improving the theme and updating)

If you don't want to update due to this effect in navbar then you don't have to, Your version of the theme still works because only two templates is modified in this theme, which means %98 this theme will work with any future ips versions ? and i can still provide support if you have any issues with the theme (No IPS versions support tho).

So, its totally okay if you don't want to update and keep using the current one until you have to update at some point ? 

Edited by TAMAN
1 hour ago, TAMAN said:

Hello,

Yes, It is permanently removed due to some reasons. (basically, The way this effects work it prevented me from improving the theme and updating)

If you don't want to update due to this effect in navbar then you don't have to, Your version of the theme still works because only two templates is modified in this theme, which means %98 this theme will work with any future ips versions ? and i can still provide support if you have any issues with the theme (No IPS versions support tho).

So, its totally okay if you don't want to update and keep using the current one until you have to update at some point ? 

Thank you for explaining this to me!