Pages SuperHelp support topic

49 minutes ago, steve00 said:

Is there an easy way to delete all the templates instead of one at a time as I tried to re-import the template.xml file and now have a second lot of templates with M03 30 18 in front of them (thought it might overwrite the original files) ?

Feel free to support my feature request to improve the Pages template updating procedure:

1 minute ago, steve00 said:

Thank you, much easier than deleting one by one

Yep! And as best I can tell, that cog is a fairly recent edition. I've many bad memories of messing up a template set and wanting to start again, deleting one template, navigating to the next, rinse and repeat. Way easier this way ?

In running ipb 4.3.x and superhep 1.2. 

I read about the update for 1.3

New feature of the 1.3 version: support for the IPS Pages Category Images plugin for the top SuperHelp category level

What does this mean ? Can I add images next to a superhelp article? Is there an example somewhere? Thanks! 

On de demo site it looks like the template is not selected for superhelp. 

Regards

• 10 months later...

Thanks for this @opentype, great pages addition, along with your others.

It might be me but I can't find the setting. If I have a main category, the sub categories, it shows how many steps are within it. I don't need it to show this and would ideally like to disabled it. 

1: It creates more space

2: It creates a lot of wasted space

What I would like to try and achieve is the following, I presume it is a template change and or a feature request?

321.thumb.png.f5819213dbe2dbedf035c51550d2bea6.png

Edited by craigf136
6 hours ago, craigf136 said:

What I would like to try and achieve is the following, I presume it is a template change and or a feature request?

I’m not sure what I’m looking at. That doesn’t look like the SuperHelp product. It looks like a SuperGrid category page, which has this kind of record counter. It should float on the right side next to the title, but this seems to be broken on your page somehow. 

3 hours ago, opentype said:

I’m not sure what I’m looking at. That doesn’t look like the SuperHelp product. It looks like a SuperGrid category page, which has this kind of record counter. It should float on the right side next to the title, but this seems to be broken on your page somehow. 

Definitely super help, but using supergrid templates. All i did is took out the code  in chrome to show what I was looking for.

Below is the mobile view as it is.

DE22E8EE-94B0-4499-9DAA-BED2B8708F89.thumb.png.f39ec153373b300ada2dd42cf6ec154b.png

Edited by craigf136
27 minutes ago, craigf136 said:

Definitely super help, but using supergrid templates.

Still not sure what this means. If it means you started to customize it, then you would be on your own getting it the way you want it. I will only support the stock functionality and the stock templates. There are also no plans to make parts of these things optional as a setting. 

It's fine I have created a copy of supergrid category listing and renamed it, and removed the offending code from supergrid category listing / category row template

<dl class="ipsDataItem_stats ipsDataItem_statsLarge">
				{{$count = $RecordsClass::contentCount( $category, FALSE );}}
				<dt class="ipsDataItem_stats_number">{number="$count"}</dt>
				<dd class="ipsDataItem_stats_type ipsType_light">{expression="\IPS\cms\Databases::load( $category->database_id )->recordWord( $count )"}</dd>
			</dl>

In index I amended the database group accordingly and I have exactly what I'm after.

{template="categoryRow" app="cms" location="database" group="Easter_Egg_Guides_categorylisting" params="$category"}

7b37bb28914c4366baeb98e51cfeee35.png.c8bcb24e75190f6c3717729ab47cd6a4.png

Edited by craigf136

@opentype 

can you help me to make the main lists show side by side instead of under each other?

what am i doing wrong? i know its me

screenshot-www.fierceteam.com-2019_05.07-13-15-37.thumb.png.23e08045e146ed3ae25a46dfb0acd26c.png

When you click into the main category it shows this (that's right i believe)

screenshot-www.fierceteam.com-2019_05.07-13-16-17.thumb.png.0e139a9934e5e4005e1b4f9f9d78041e.png

but there was a way i thought you could make ( what's here & up coming) categories show beside each other?

• 1 year later...

SuperHelp is working great, I am creating a course using it. I just need to do order the records but I can't find how.

Once I've added a record, there is no way to order it. I mean, I am adding a sequential list of topics and lessons and sometimes I want to change the order but I just can't, the order cannot be change. I can see in the list of records added to the page that there is a publishing date, probably there is an internal publish time but when the record is edited there is no way to change the date/time of the record.

The plugin orders the records alphabetically or by publish time order, but neither of those options will allow me to insert a new record between two existing records.

How can I edit the time/date of the record? When I edit the record there is no option to do that.

What would be the right way to do that? I want to add new records (lessons) in the middle of other records but I just can't find how to insert a new record within other records since I cannot edit time/date. See attachment.

Thanks a lot for your support.
Alfonso

image.thumb.png.360049f08c03f54021c5cdc4456622d3.png

Edited by Alfonso Moreno
29 minutes ago, Alfonso Moreno said:

What would be the right way to do that?

Ordering is controlled through Pages, as with any other Pages database. You set the ordering in the Pages database settings. 

If you need custom ordering, you can add a dedicated order field to your database. You put “a” for your first entry, “b” for your second and so on—that way you can get an order you want. 

On 6/26/2020 at 12:33 PM, opentype said:

Ordering is controlled through Pages, as with any other Pages database. You set the ordering in the Pages database settings. 

If you need custom ordering, you can add a dedicated order field to your database. You put “a” for your first entry, “b” for your second and so on—that way you can get an order you want. 

One last question, should I want to edit the records and database added using SuperHelp, where should I look for them? I am logged in PHPMySQL and want to edit the time/data of a record to make the change from there, but I can't find the place where to edit the structure added using SuperHelp.

Thanks a lot for your time and support